2020 General Election Thread

Thunderian

Superstar
From what you say it seems a bit like our last election. Corbyn was too left for the ordinary leftists. Many were so alienated they voted Tory.
That is a very good comparison, and I think that’s what’s going to happen.

Thunderian

Superstar
I was replying to lisa.
She says she found it funny, which is good, cos I wondered if she was some kind of bigot.
Glad to be proved wrong.
I know, I was trying to clear up any confusion over my post. I don’t think Lisa was being bigoted in her reply. :)

Aero

Superstar
Polls can't be trusted. We shouldn't trust every report about the economy either. Today, for example, there was a better than expected job and unemployment report, while the stock market continued to crash. Furthermore, it was also reported today that a lot of the jobs created are temporary government census jobs. There's also been talk of a "K" shaped recovery. Of course, I laughed and said yeah, maybe it's a K shaped recovery if the K is falling over.

Idk why the stock market got hammered. But the reality is it can happen at any time. That's why valuations are called "bubbles".

Thunderian

Superstar
while the stock market continued to crash.
The stock market is crashing? Tech stocks took a hit and erased some recent gains, but everything else is steady, and the market is up almost 30% on the year, and almost 75% from it’s lowest point in March.

Lisa

Superstar
The stock market is crashing? Tech stocks took a hit and erased some recent gains, but everything else is steady, and the market is up almost 30% on the year, and almost 75% from it’s lowest point in March.
I thought the market was doing really good considering..

Cintra

Star
If Biden wins do you think it will be all change? green new deal, universal income etc? Or just more of the same with a red veneer?
That should have been blue veneer.

Your colours are the other way round to us.

Our right wing is blue, our left wing red...
so confusing...

Aero

Superstar

Yeah, an 807 point drop is not a crash at all. And everything was down. From Crypto to Ford to Starbucks. But yeah you are sort of right, in that tech stocks got hurt the most.

Aero

Superstar
It’s not. No one is calling this a crash.
Yeah, they are actually. Words like crash, meltdown, crushed, panic are everywhere.

"The stock market has lost its ability to value companies and is now a warehouse for cash. " Sums it up pretty well I think.

polymoog

Superstar
‘Like token blacks’: Diamond and Silk offered $150,000 to ditch Trump

if you cant find a reason to censor them from FB... bribe them!!

democrats must be scared beyond belief to resort to these levels.

Lisa

Superstar
this makes it all just seem like political theatre to me. This is all part of the plan imo. Trump is way too dispassionate for any of this to be real in my opinion.
He was passionate enough to make America great again and he wants to win re-election.

B_JMNN

Established
‘Like token blacks’: Diamond and Silk offered $150,000 to ditch Trump

if you cant find a reason to censor them from FB... bribe them!!

democrats must be scared beyond belief to resort to these levels.

That's straight up bribery to keep you silent.

Cheap asses too, can only afford $150

Thunderian

Superstar
Yeah, anyone who listens to those girls talk about Trump should realize that $150,000 isn’t going to come close to making them endorse anyone else. They should have started at a million. Each.

polymoog

Superstar
That's straight up bribery to keep you silent.
they must figure that what works in the world of politics should work everywhere. i think they will be in for a rude awakening that most of the public have a moral compass. with an election year like this, i dont think anyone can be bought.