Agoraphobia and Homophobia Just Common Sense?

Could these so called " phobias " be just modern day common sense? Who in their right mind does not fear what can happen to you if you go outside. And who in their right mind does not fear what lqgbs represents to society. Also I now have a new phobia Black Lies Matter phobia, Biden phobia, Pelosi phobia. So am I crazy or just have a lot of Common Sense?

Corvus Corax

Established
Sensible to fear. World is becoming a frightening place
Some of my phobias different from yours. But same thing - Mine
Getting pushed under tube train for no reason
Aggressive people attacking because I said wrong word
Not being safe or private in private matters like bathroom
Phones and cameras
Getting locked in prison/hospital with violent men and no recognition of danger from those in charge
Getting victimised by those charged to protect me
Forcible unwanted medical treatment

Want to get out, get away, dont want to be here. World is not good now

Yeah I know what you mean and have felt the same on a lot of things you mentioned. On a recent note I fell victim to what I can only describe as " BACSP " . Bad Air Conditioning Syndrome Phobia. Fortunately I was cured of this when it was fixed last Friday but the fear still lingers. Fortunately I live in California where even if it is very hot there is no humidity. Twice years ago I went east to NYC and Washington DC and experienced deadly humidity for the first time. It was horrible and never want to feel that way again. I thank God I don't live in a humid area. I can handle heat but I will never forget that deadly humidity.

SomaticBanshee

Established
Phones and cameras
Getting locked in prison/hospital with violent men and no recognition of danger from those in charge

Yes phobias are really starting to pop up in more people now. Can you blame the increase in more people experiencing phobias even new ones they never had before? Look no matter how one slices it, the quadruple whammy of The recent ex president criminality and 1/6/21+Divoc 91+Lockdowns+Vaccine terror campaign by Dr. Ouchie, WHO, CDC, NIH? No wonder people are reporting newly discovered phobias they never ever had. I’ve recently in the past few months experienced ones I never ever had like young male youths no matter how they look standing too near me in public like crossing the street or in a shop or store especially when there’s a group of them. Also this ever present feeling that I am being followed even in broad daylight on barely busy streets, find myself this past year when walking my friend’s dog turning back to look behind me. I wish I could just afford to buy my own apartment and then once I got it I would rarely leave it unless I really had to for like a dentist appointment and groceries shopping. Been listening to Morrisssey’s album Southpaw Grammar and the first track The Teachers are afraid of the Pupils. That’s why I love his songs. He nails stuff dead on.

Last edited:

SomaticBanshee

Established
Yeah I know what you mean and have felt the same on a lot of things you mentioned. On a recent note I fell victim to what I can only describe as " BACSP " . Bad Air Conditioning Syndrome Phobia. Fortunately I was cured of this when it was fixed last Friday but the fear still lingers. Fortunately I live in California where even if it is very hot there is no humidity. Twice years ago I went east to NYC and Washington DC and experienced deadly humidity for the first time. It was horrible and never want to feel that way again. I thank God I don't live in a humid area. I can handle heat but I will never forget that deadly humidity.
I’ve never heard of this syndrome but it sounds similar to Sick Building Syndrome which I have experienced at a job I had once. I had to leave after many years of working there because it was hurting my body and my breathing so much. My advice to people who experience SBS, just leave. If you get a job in a building that’s over 4 decades old it’s not worth it.

Corvus Corax

Established
Yes phobias are really starting to pop up in more people now. Can you blame the increase in more people experiencing phobias even new ones they never had before? Look no matter how one slices it, the quadruple whammy of The recent ex president criminality and 1/6/21+Divoc 91+Lockdowns+Vaccine terror campaign by Dr. Ouchie, WHO, CDC, NIH? No wonder people are reporting newly discovered phobias they never ever had. I’ve recently in the past few months experienced ones I never ever had like young male youths no matter how they look standing too near me in public like crossing the street or in a shop or store especially when there’s a group of them. Also this ever present feeling that I am being followed even in broad daylight on barely busy streets, find myself this past year when walking my friend’s dog turning back to look behind me. I wish I could just afford to buy my own apartment and then once I got it I would rarely leave it unless I really had to for like a dentist appointment and groceries shopping. Been listening to Morrisssey’s album Southpaw Grammar and the first track The Teachers are afraid of the Pupils. That’s why I love his songs. He nails stuff dead on.

I recognised your meat is murder avatar, knew you were.smiths fan. He is a good songwriter

Gangs of young men, yes, big phobia on that one

SomaticBanshee

Established
Thanks Corvus. Yes The Smiths and several Morrissey albums are truly great and his songwriting I don’t think anyone working in pop music could reach that level of putting highly uncomfortable truths and subject matter together in the way he does. I remember when that album came out, as like many, were thinking yep he’s losing his mind.
Something’s up with him but I did like The Boy Racer single. Now when I listen to it, my first go to is Madison Cawthorn and all these morons in LA and NYC doing what’s called donuts and hurting and killing people in the streets. Maybe I should send Madison a link to the boy racer video. Poor Maddie C.

SomaticBanshee

Established
Pride bs has taken over the downtown area where I live all weekend. What in God's name are they so proud of?
Watching abc news and they’re broadcasting the L.A. pride parade now. It’s not as crowded as the 3 hosts are exaggerating that it is. Of course all hosts are 20 something year old girls and no male hosts. They’re really amping it up, but most people aren’t caring. The level of products signage is insane. Pepsi and all the giants that have tried to destroy humans for decades are advertising. These people need hobbies.

Yeah like with all the problems around like gas prices, food inflation, Ukraine, monkey pox etc and these pride people have nothing better to do than to prance around the streets annoying regular people. The last thing I care about is who they want to have sex with. And a whole month of this crap?

My original intention of this thread was to point out that MSM uses the word like homophobia as an accusation or like someone has committed some offense by being wary of the lqgbs agenda just like someone is called a racist for being aware that BLACK LIES MATTER is a criminal organization. The worst phobia I have is MSM phobia. Now that phobia is real because I experience it 24/7.

Amberlin

Rookie
Could these so called " phobias " be just modern day common sense? Who in their right mind does not fear what can happen to you if you go outside. And who in their right mind does not fear what lqgbs represents to society. Also I now have a new phobia Black Lies Matter phobia, Biden phobia, Pelosi phobia. So am I crazy or just have a lot of Common Sense?
I have transphobia. Not hatred of people who are trans. But the thought of seeing a feminine looking person with a deep voice scares the shit out of me. Or just seeing them in real life would be like seeing a demon.

I hate how they use these "phobia" terms to censor people. It's taking away so many freedoms. Who wants a bet that if someone of the LGBT community did something wrong, and someone who is not part of it commited the same crime, who would get more time in jail? Seems the so called "justice system" will protect those of political correctness.

KevinShane75

Rookie
Phones and cameras

I think "normal" is fearing what is unfamiliar/unknown, so to me education has ALWAYS been key for to alleviate those unwanted concerns. But I totally get what ur talking about. I was recently incarcerated for a little while because of a DUI & the timing of it was horrible, during covid and holiday times so the court systems were down and very slow so a 72hr hold turned in2 over 2 mos & I can tell you, those fears are valid & very true. The way the jail systems run here in the US is horrible and unjust. I witnessed so much wrong and EVIL handed out by those who are supposed to be there to protect. Only God got me thru that time.

I’ve never heard of this syndrome but it sounds similar to Sick Building Syndrome which I have experienced at a job I had once. I had to leave after many years of working there because it was hurting my body and my breathing so much. My advice to people who experience SBS, just leave. If you get a job in a building that’s over 4 decades old it’s not worth it.
I live in a building that was built in the thirties lol.

I have transphobia. Not hatred of people who are trans. But the thought of seeing a feminine looking person with a deep voice scares the shit out of me. Or just seeing them in real life would be like seeing a demon.
Well don't forget that there are a lot of evil bastards raking in tons of money off foolish transgender propaganda just like the phoney vaccine people.

I think "normal" is fearing what is unfamiliar/unknown, so to me education has ALWAYS been key for to alleviate those unwanted concerns. But I totally get what ur talking about. I was recently incarcerated for a little while because of a DUI & the timing of it was horrible, during covid and holiday times so the court systems were down and very slow so a 72hr hold turned in2 over 2 mos & I can tell you, those fears are valid & very true. The way the jail systems run here in the US is horrible and unjust. I witnessed so much wrong and EVIL handed out by those who are supposed to be there to protect. Only God got me thru that time.
Years ago I got busted for growing two marijuana plants and did almost a month in jail and it was literally Hell.

elsbet

Superstar
...I fell victim to what I can only describe as "BACSP". Bad Air Conditioning Syndrome Phobia.

It was horrible and never want to feel that way again... I will never forget that deadly humidity.
FROM
SOMEWHERE SOUTH OF THE MASON-DIXON LINE

You lucky duck.

(Admittedly, the one thing I loved about California-- the only thing-- was the Mediterranean climate.)

It's August-- and everything instantly wilts in the (oppressive) southeastern humidity... people included.

So I can empathize.
I thought my AC was in its death throes for the past week,* and it all started when the pump in the (additional, freestanding) DE-humidifier crapped out.

Fortunately and thank God, the AC line just needed to be cleared--> but the damned BACSP will have me monitoring the light on the unit for the next week.. just to see if it's still green. :oops:
DEHUMIDIFIER ON BACKORDER TIL 20-AUG. -.-

Appreciate the validation.

* justifiable use of ice cream antidote to combat heat-- but beware the brainfreeze.
:eek:

:D

Tikawanda

Established
While it's perfectly fine to be unnerved by public or crowded places, why anyone would allow fear or discomfort to rule their lives is beyond me. So sure, agoraphobia is a thing, but people shouldn't use it as a crutch. Same with any phobia, although judging by this topic I'm not sure some of the above examples really count as phobias.

Or just seeing them in real life would be like seeing a demon.
So you're implying that you can identify every trans person just by sight alone, with perfect accuracy 100% of the time? Like "gaydar"?