Superstar

Last edited:

UnderAlienControl

Superstar

Karlysymon

Superstar
Another day, another poll.....

Back in January...
"The number of Americans who think it's "justified for citizens to take violent action against the government" is on the rise, a recentpoll from The Washington Post-University of Maryland showed.
34% of Americans believe violence against the government can at times be justified, which is up from 23% in 2015 and 16% in 2010, according to the poll's findings.
The survey of 1,101 adults conducted from December 17 to December 19 found that 40% of Republicans said violent actions could be justified compared to 23% of Democrats, according to The Washington Post.

Men, younger adults, and those with college degrees were more likely to say violence was acceptable. Additionally, only 18% of Black Americans thought violence was justified compared to 40% of white Americans."

I agree with this. There were so many articles in MSM last year about a civil war breaking out sometime in America's future. The press was indundated with that narrative for a reason...a reason that is presently unclear

Karlysymon

Superstar

^^The Wish for Kings (32min mark)

Lewis Lapham says: People constantly go around and say; the American democracy is in trouble or the United States is in decline and so forth…that may be true and one of the reasons it is true is that there is an absence of democrats (small “d”). I mean something is evolving in this country and has been, over the last 20yrs, away from the notion of democratic self-government, even more to the point, a loss of faith in the democratic idea…I mean, freedom is good but it’s not enough. Self-government would be wonderful if we had the time and the energy and the resources to practice it, but in the meantime, give us somebody who will take care of us. That’s the wish for kings. The wish for kings is a very old wish, it’s the wish that brings in Caesar, the man on the white horse, a magical figure that will resolve all one’s troubles and it is antithetical to the democratic notion of discovering one’s own future.”

A statement made 30yrs ago.