Any vegetarians or vegans here?

duzyzdzichu

Rookie
Are you a Hindu?
I'm not, but I was in india. Why it would matter? Also I am not born vegetarian and i was conditioned all my life, that I will be sick, i will get anorexia, anemia and stuff if I don't eat meat. And i was always very skinny so it worked on me, even that i felt good in my body. But there was always moral conflict in me, that this is wrong, that it cannot be like that. Then also I didn't know what to eat instead. Because eating potato and meat and just excluding meat and eating only potatoes, this is not the best idea. And then only when i left everything behind, went to travel and found myself in some kind of hippie community, after one month with eating with the others, what they cooked and it was just a vegan food, I found out that i actually feel great, that i never felt better. And then I decided - not anymore. 8 years passed since. If you live in one place, you have house kitchen and a bit of money - nothing easier than that. I was travelling the world being completely broke and sometimes I was struggling and about to give up and just eat anything, but then i always found a way. So this excuses I hear here sound like a joke. And anyway I'm not telling you to be starving, just if you have a choice, choose right.

Daze

Superstar
I'm not, but I was in india. Why it would matter? Also I am not born vegetarian and i was conditioned all my life, that I will be sick, i will get anorexia, anemia and stuff if I don't eat meat. And i was always very skinny so it worked on me, even that i felt good in my body. But there was always moral conflict in me, that this is wrong, that it cannot be like that. Then also I didn't know what to eat instead. Because eating potato and meat and just excluding meat and eating only potatoes, this is not the best idea. And then only when i left everything behind, went to travel and found myself in some kind of hippie community, after one month with eating with the others, what they cooked and it was just a vegan food, I found out that i actually feel great, that i never felt better. And then I decided - not anymore. 8 years passed since. If you live in one place, you have house kitchen and a bit of money - nothing easier than that. I was travelling the world being completely broke and sometimes I was struggling and about to give up and just eat anything, but then i always found a way. So this excuses I hear here sound like a joke. And anyway I'm not telling you to be starving, just if you have a choice, choose right.
Isn't it obvious? Hindus worship cows. They worship meat.

The reality is, it's impossible to get a complete protein from a plant only diet. Those who are into fitness and take supplements like soybean powder are in even worse shape because it's harmful to testosterone. Soy literally has a negative effect on a bodybuilder.

Veganism is a satanic agenda because ultimately it makes men weak. Makes men easy to control, like most "men" in the world are today. Docile, staying home to raise the kids while the woman goes out to work.

People think they are healthy living it, but they would be even healthier if they had a complete diet. The reality is, if meat was harmful, God would have forbidden it.

All these people saying that we shouldn't eat meat, who's being affected by a psy op? All these so called "plant based" products are a joke and the elites just want us to be slaves while they get their elaborate steak dinners!

Flarepath

Star
The Beatles and other "celebs" went to India for "spiritual enlightenment", but packed their bags and flew home after their "guru" was caught with his hand up Mia Farrow's skirt..:)

rel_Maharishi.jpg

Journal atlas

Rookie
All these people saying that we shouldn't eat meat, who's being affected by a psy op? All these so called "plant based" products are a joke and the elites just want us to be slaves while they get their elaborate steak dinners!
Beans, fruit and other vegetables are not plant based products, they are just plants. You're thinking with your ego and don't want to be lower than anyone. It's a state of mind, if meat symbolizes power for you and you want power, then do whatever you want to do. But to go out of your way to belittle people who want to live the way the original humans did with as little meat or no meat at all is possible, is childish. Clog your arteries if you want, but many societies lived up to 90 percent plant based for thousands of years. Making up fake stories in your head of rich people eating unhealthy food won't help you improve your life or your health. The reality is before the people who you call the elite started colonizing everyone most societies barely ate meat and when they did it wasn't excessive. If you have to cook your meat and your stomach isn't efficient enough to process it raw, meat is not your right. Let lions, carnivores, and omnivores eat their meat, because at least God made them to properly hunt and process it without any help, factories, weapons, guns and knives. That is natural. Cooking elaborate steak dinners have nothing to do with God or any religion, just ego.

Flarepath

Star
When our tummies tell us they fancy a nice juicy steak, why should we ignore it?
After all, God designed our bodies to tell us what food they want..:)

Hav3_U_H3ard

Established
I think the issues with veganism outweigh the benefits. I was temporarily vegan for health reasons many years ago and realised it was more detrimental to my health than I initially expected. For instance, ridding yourself of dairy, what are the alternatives? Plant based ‘milks’ are notoriously bad for the environment and are ultra processed. They’re laden with inflammatory seed oils such as vegetable, sunflower and canola. Surely it’s better to buy from local independents farms or producers where animal milk isn’t processed. In my city we actually have raw dairy drop off points as farmers are turning their backs on the increasingly regulated industry standards. You order raw dairy products from a farmer up in the North of England and they deliver it to your local checkpoint.

Do I even need to comment on meat alternatives? And for those vegans that avoid meat entirely, it might be fine for a while but there’s no way your body can sustain itself solely on a plant based diet. You’ll have to constantly take supplements or deal with the side effects of nutrient deficiency. Just be a conscious eater; eat real food as close to the source as possible and if meat isn’t your thing, eat it sparingly but don’t cut it from your diet. We have canines for a reason and it isn’t to tear up spinach leaves.

Lastly, id like to add that it is a privilege to have the option of eating well. Food is incredibly expensive at the moment and those with dependents know all too well how hard it is to cook nutritious food on a budget. So one annoying thing about veganism is they promote this alternative lifestyle of wellness but fail to acknowledge it’s inaccessible to most.

The sheer amount of land needed to harvest and grow the likes of almonds is way more disastrous for the Earth and local wildlife than clearing land for cows (which we’ve been doing since the dawn of time) and milking them and ensuring they have a healthy organic diet. So I think the issue some vegans have is they disagree with the farming practises and animal welfare standards of the corporations providing our meat and dairy. I’m with them on this; it’s not a sustainable way to live and eating distressed, beefed up, sick or depressed animals will only produce nutrient deficient food for our consumption. I would argue the solution to this isn’t veganism, it’s being mindful of where you buy your produce and if possible, growing things yourself.
I hate to hear you didn’t have great results as a vegan. I would like to let you know though that it is possible to avoid meat entirely and sustain a healthy body- yes, even on a budget. I’m in my 3rd year as a vegan without any meat, dairy, or animal products at all and have actually improved my health, energy, immunity, and appearance. I have experienced great hair and nail growth, and healthy skin and hormonal balance (I’m female). The only vitamin I supplement is B12 (which is cheap). I get plenty of vitamins, minerals, and essential fatty acids from the variety of whole foods I eat. I rarely consume packaged processed foods or plant milks and never eat plant- based meat, cheese, or butter. Rarely buying or never buying those things saves me lots of money. You pay more for convenience and processing, and tend to save when you buy in bulk and prepare things yourself.

For the base of my diet, I buy lots of affordable, satisfying, and nutritious things: potatoes, bananas, carrots, dried beans and lentils, rice, a variety of intact (gluten-free) grains, in their whole minimally processed to unprocessed form. Frozen fruits and veggies tend to be cheaper than fresh, but still very nutritious- sometimes even more so. I will buy fresh fruits and veggies that are seasonal and try to look for sale prices. I do not buy oils or cook with them, and keep my diet low fat in general (which is good for my cardiovascular system and blood sugar among other things). I even eat nuts and seeds sparingly. I basically eat the “Mastering Diabetes” diet (even though I don’t have diabetes). I’m not raw vegan, but include plenty of raw fruits and veggies and salads. I get more than enough protein eating this way and feel great. It’s been very sustainable and enjoyable for me.

Even though roughly 80% of my diet is carbohydrates, I am very lean showing that the famous “carbs make you fat” statement is oversimplified and untrue. Also my dentist says my teeth are in excellent shape (little to no plaque between cleanings and no cavities), and to keep doing whatever it is I’m doing. I just brush and floss.