Are medicines permitted by God (according the REAL bible)

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
pharmakeia: the use of medicine, drugs or spells

Original Word: φαρμακεία, ας, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: pharmakeia
Phonetic Spelling: (far-mak-i'-ah)
Definition: the use of medicine, drugs or spells
Usage: magic, sorcery, enchantment.
HELPS Word-studies

5331 pharmakeía (from pharmakeuō, "administer drugs") – properly, drug-related sorcery, like the practice of magical-arts, etc. (A. T. Robertson)

Looking at the definition of this, it would appear that the meanings of the word “pharmakeia” include the use of medicine, drugs or spells.

Lawyers enjoy precision in language - one of their frequent clarifications is “including but not limited to”.

It would appear that the usage of the word includes but is not limited to sorcery and spells, but also carries the sense of medicine.

@A Freeman must therefore demonstrate that medicine is specifically described and condemned in the Bible for his position to be worth a straw.

Sura 4:51. Hast thou not turned thy vision to those who were given a portion of The Book? They believe in Sorcery and Evil, and say to the Unbelievers that they are better guided in The (Right) Way than the Believers!

SORCERY = PHARMACY/WITCHCRAFT/POTIONS/POISONS/DRUGS/"MEDICINE"
(WITCHES' BREW)
Your statement saying that Medicine is equal/the same as Magic/Sorcery/Witchcraft/occultism (called Sihr in Islam) is a claim, not a proof of your claims.

Natural medicines are enjoined in the Qur'an and Sunnah. The Muslim world during the middle ages made massive advances in medical and medicinal science long before the western world caught on (this was still during the poor peasant period of Catholic history pre-Protestant, between 9th and 16th centuries).

And not that I particularly condone the Bible here but it too does not share your view. There were physicians and proto-doctors in the Jewish and early-Christian periods which occupy portions of the Old and New Testament. As someone already noted, St Luke from the NT was a physician.

The institution of hospitals also became widespread throughout both the Christian (Catholic) and Muslim worlds during the middle ages.

Last edited:

A Freeman

Superstar
Your statement saying that Medicine is equal/the same as Magic/Sorcery/Witchcraft/occultism (called Sihr in Islam) is a claim, not a proof of your claims.
No, it isn't. The proof that what is today called "medicine" (pharmaceutical and/or man-made drugs, vaccinations, chemotherapy, synthetic vitamins, etc.) is CONDEMNED throughout Scripture is found throughout the Old Covenant, New Covenant and the Qur'an. In the New Covenant/Testament, in the original Greek, the word is "pharmakeia", where the modern word "pharmacy" originates.

Natural medicines are enjoined in the Qur'an and Sunnah.
No, they're not.

The Qur'an CONDEMNS the use of pharmacy/sorcery/witchcraft/poisons/"medicines" (e.g.
Sura 4:51; Sura 7:130-133; Sura 10:75-82; Sura 15:14-15; Sura 26:34-51).

And the TRUE Sunnah is the New Covenant (John 14:6; Sura 3:55; Sura 43:57-61), which is why the Qur'an COMMANDS its readers to read, study and follow both The Law/Old Covenant (which Christ said would NEVER pass away - Matt. 5:17-20), and the Gospel/New Covenant (see:
Suras 2:53, 2:87-93, 3:1-3, 3:48-50, 4:54, 5:46-50, 6:91-92, 6:154-157, 7:157, 9:111, 11:17, 15:9-10, 17:2-4, 21:48, 23:20, 23:49, 25:35, 28:1-3, 32:23, 35:25-32, 37:117, 40:53, 40:70, 41:45, 42:14-17, 45:16, 46:12, 46:30, 48:29, 53:36-47, 57:25-29, 61:6, 78:2).

The Qur'an NEVER tells anyone to read any fabricated biographical information about Muhammad (a title found only 4 times in the Qur'an) made up afterwards; in fact it prohibits it (Sura 5:4), plainly stating that engaging in such a practice -- the joining/partnering the fabricated writings of men (e.g. the talmud, catechism, book of mormon, hadith, etc.) with the Word of God -- is shirk.

The TRUE Sunnah/New Covenant, like the Qur'an, CONDEMNS the use of pharmacy/sorcery -- and those who manufacture, administer or receive it -- throughout, just as the Old Covenant does. Please see Galatians 5:19-21; Revelation 9:20-21 and Revelation 18:23 as examples, among others.

Please also note well that Christ-Jesus NEVER used any pharmacy/sorcery/potions, etc. to heal anyone, nor to raise the dead. It was Father (Allah, the "I AM") through Christ that did that.

The Muslim world during the middle ages made massive advances in medical and medicinal science long before the western world caught on (this was still during the poor peasant period of Catholic history pre-Protestant, between 9th and 16th centuries).
Given the town today known as "Mecca", which is found nowhere in the Qur'an by name nor by inference (the word makkah found in Sura 48:23 means "conflict/physical altercation") didn't appear on any map of the Arabian peninsula until the 10th century A.D., it's highly unlikely the fabricated history, like the hadith and "sunnah", you're quoting from is accurate. And even if some of what you've cited about pharmacy/sorcery/"medicine" may be true, it doesn't change the fact that pharmacy/sorcery/"medicine" is condemned throughout Scripture (Old Covenant, New Covenant and the Qur'an).

And not that I particularly condone the Bible here but it too does not share your view.
As above please. You don't know what you're talking about.

There were physicians and proto-doctors in the Jewish and early-Christian periods which occupy portions of the Old and New Testament. As someone already noted, St Luke from the NT was a physician.
And yet you provide no evidence of your claims.

Here is what God actually said about choosing physicians instead of choosing Him to heal (see also Exod. 22:18; Deut. 18:10-13):-

2 Chronicles 16:12-13
16:12 And Asa in the thirty and ninth year of his reign was diseased in his feet, until his disease [was] exceeding [great]: yet in his disease he sought not to the "I AM", but to the physicians.
16:13 And Asa slept with his fathers, and died in the one and fortieth year of his reign.

And here is what Jesus did when offered vinegar mixed with the pharmacy/poison/pain-killer called "gall" on the cross:-

Matthew 27:34 They gave him vinegar to drink mingled with gall: and when he had tasted [thereof], HE WOULD NOT DRINK.

The institution of hospitals also became widespread throughout both the Christian (Catholic) and Muslim worlds during the middle ages.
Because people were DECEIVED into placing their trust in these worldly institutions and their poisons and death instead of placing their faith in God and His Life-Transforming Healing from within (Exod. 15:26).

Look to God for healing and for answers instead of looking to the witch-doctors and their pharmacy/sorcery.

Last edited:
I do have to ask a question here, cause I may be misunderstanding...
Is it actually considered satanic to get health benefits from teas and oils? I use peppermint oil to alleviate pain in the back of my neck and lavender oil I sniff to help with my anxiety. I also take ginger and garlic for health benefits.
I can't take pharmaceuticals cause they hurt my stomach and I know they have harmful chemicals in them. I of course will use them if I need to, though, like for a life saving reason. I get the freezing done at the dentist and such.
I believe God has these things grow for us so we can have a natural remedy, so I don't believe it's satanic to take part in it.
Now, meditation, tarot cards, yoga and all of that I believe to be satanic. But getting a massage? I don't see how that is, only just the atmosphere most massage therapists use is, though, sadly.

Maldarker

Star
We can all see that now. It is from very a very anti-Christian world-view too, not just Word of Faith to the extreme.
There is nothing to suggest karma in the bible - punishment for sins yes, karma no.
People use to liken sin to the illness people suffered...Even then seems like they didn't read JOB. So nothing new very unsympathetic actually not very CHRIST like for sure. And thus the reason why you need CHRIST the true CHRIST not a fake like ajh.

A Freeman

Superstar
Is it actually considered satanic to get health benefits from teas and oils? I use peppermint oil to alleviate pain in the back of my neck and lavender oil I sniff to help with my anxiety. I also take ginger and garlic for health benefits.
No, it is NOT satanic to use healthy, natural teas and oils, that come to us in the form that God made them.

The reason the devils/liars are attacking these natural remedies is because they wish to promote pharmacy as the alleged cure for all ills, even though pharmaceutical chemicals and drugs are actually poisons. It is totally irrelevant who or what groups use some or all of these natural (i.e. God-given) ingredients.

I can't take pharmaceuticals cause they hurt my stomach and I know they have harmful chemicals in them.
They hurt because they contain poisons.

I of course will use them if I need to, though, like for a life saving reason.
Poisons cannot, nor ever have, saved anyone's life, regardless of whatever lies the medical and chemical/pharmaceutical industries promote. The magic virus scam we've been enduring for the past three years should leave no doubt for any rationally-minded individual that the medical and chemical/pharmaceutical industries are lying to us and trying to murder as many as possible with their poisons (and thus cannot be trusted).

Matthew 24:21-22
24:21 For then shall be great oppression, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the Elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

I get the freezing done at the dentist and such.
Understood.

I believe God has these things grow for us so we can have a natural remedy, so I don't believe it's satanic to take part in it.
Agreed. You are applying your God-given common-sense to arrive at that conclusion. Unfortunately, common-sense isn't very common during these end-times.

Now, meditation,
If by meditation you mean quieting your mind and listening for Father's (God's) Guidance, then no, that isn't satanic. If, on the other hand, you are referring to some eastern religious practice or superstition, then yes, that's satanic, just as all organized religion is satanic.

tarot cards, yoga and all of that I believe to be satanic.
Agreed. No spiritual "mediums" or sorcerers/pharmacists (Deut. 18:10-13); only Christ (The One and Only Mediator between Father and human+Beings), Who comes with healing in His Wings (Mal. 4:2).

But getting a massage? I don't see how that is, only just the atmosphere most massage therapists use is, though, sadly.
Agreed.

Last edited:
I can't take pharmaceuticals cause they hurt my stomach and I know they have harmful chemicals in them. I of course will use them if I need to, though, like for a life saving reason. I get the freezing done at the dentist and such.
Now, meditation, tarot cards, yoga and all of that I believe to be satanic. But getting a massage? I don't see how that is, only just the atmosphere most massage therapists use is, though, sadly.
No, the teas and oils are not satanic in of themselves, just that unfortunately some of them are being sold by new agers/occultists. Avoiding those brands or companies is totally doable.

Taking pharmaceuticals for a life saving reason is completely reasonable.

I agree about the atmosphere most massage therapists use, and would avoid those that use that. But massage in if itself is not satanic.

You make a great point!
Does Anthony John Hill say using incense, herbs and special oils offered in the alternative health variety of shops is OK with God, because it isn't western medicine?
Where exactly is the cut-off line between that type of thing and sorcery?
I believe now he's calling us pro-big pharma devils who are attacking alternative medicine while saying that it does not matter what kind of occultists are involved in the alternative stuff.

In other words, to him alternative stuff is not sorcery simply by virtue of not being allopathic. Even if used by actual people who practice witchcraft.

As evidenced by:

The reason the devils/liars are attacking these natural remedies is because they wish to promote pharmacy as the alleged cure for all ills, even though pharmaceutical chemicals and drugs are actually poisons. It is totally irrelevant who or what groups use some or all of these natural (i.e. God-given) ingredients.
And a strawman argument, as always. I, for one, believe that pharmaceuticals are a last resort, not a cure for all ills, but sometimes are absolutely necessary.

I guess he also hasn't heard that many plants found in nature are poisonous.

But i get it he won't answer my questions or points anymore since he's written me off also as a devil/liar for not agreeing with him...

Holistic" is a euphemism for witchcraft, as spoken by a shaman.

I've had a feeling about this, since a couple years ago when out of fear of avoiding allopath doctors, i hired a "holistic" (her description, which i didn't know at the time meant "witchcraft") midwife as an alternative to ob/gyn. The "treatments" she offered were bizarre, seemed occult (so i refused to partake) and deviant. At some point she mentioned praying to a "birth goddess" , using some kind of tarot cards, meditation (as opposed to prayer to God), engaging in s*x magic, stuff like that.

(I know Christians tend to defend midwives as a whole because they are mentioned in the Bible, but is withcraft, tarot cards and praying to strange gods and goddesses, s*x magic rituals, something the Bible would endorse? I think not)

I do believe it was God's will that i go to a hospital and get treated witn "allopathic" medicine. The entire time there i prayed to God, nothing demonic or occult going on. And i genuinely believe that if my baby had been born under her "care" there would have been some negative physical and spiritual consequences.

My faith in God has grown exponentially since then. I am so thankful that He spared our lives and everything worked out. I went from a lukewarm Christian to an every day scripture reading Christian. And i believe that if i had been less lukewarm before i wouldnt have been so easily decieved, i'm very skeptical of all this alternative stuff now.
I can't believe i forgot to mention it in this last post, also cannibalism. This woman expected me to engage in cannibalism by ingesting raw bleeding placenta as a "treatment" agaisnt post partum hemorrhage!

Why anyone who follows the scriptures, which condemn the eating of blood in the new testament as well as old testament both before and after the law was given, would choose to resort to cannibalism instead of using the modern and effective medications we have to treat that is beyond me. Well, i guess there's another alternative: death.

Kind of hard to "use the pain to reflect on my sins and make changes instead of pressing a snooze button on them while remaining spiritually asleep" if I'm literally bleeding to death...

No, the teas and oils are not satanic in of themselves, just that unfortunately some of them are being sold by new agers/occultists. Avoiding those brands or companies is totally doable.

Taking pharmaceuticals for a life saving reason is completely reasonable.

I agree about the atmosphere most massage therapists use, and would avoid those that use that. But massage in if itself is not satanic.
Thank you for this! It can be tough cause so many things are considered satanic in this world and we have to be so careful. And sometimes there's so much control over what we do and don't do.
I agree with the labels. I'm so glad that the oils I use don't have occultic symbols on them and they just came from a regular drug store and not a new age store.
And sadly, most massage places use the warpy spa music and have all those little statues and such. Massage in itself seems like a healing tool, it's too bad they use this so negatively.

Maldarker

Star
I believe now he's calling us pro-big pharma devils who are attacking alternative medicine while saying that it does not matter what kind of occultists are involved in the alternative stuff.

In other words, to him alternative stuff is not sorcery simply by virtue of not being allopathic. Even if used by actual people who practice witchcraft.

As evidenced by:

And a strawman argument, as always. I, for one, believe that pharmaceuticals are a last resort, not a cure for all ills, but sometimes are absolutely necessary.

I guess he also hasn't heard that many plants found in nature are poisonous.

But i get it he won't answer my questions or points anymore since he's written me off also as a devil/liar for not agreeing with him...

I can't believe i forgot to mention it in this last post, also cannibalism. This woman expected me to engage in cannibalism by ingesting raw bleeding placenta as a "treatment" agaisnt post partum hemorrhage!

Why anyone who follows the scriptures, which condemn the eating of blood in the new testament as well as old testament both before and after the law was given, would choose to resort to cannibalism instead of using the modern and effective medications we have to treat that is beyond me. Well, i guess there's another alternative: death.

Kind of hard to "use the pain to reflect on my sins and make changes instead of pressing a snooze button on them while remaining spiritually asleep" if I'm literally bleeding to death...
According to ajh thats karma & you should have died i guess. HOW DARE YOU!

A Freeman

Superstar
For those who may not understand how Father (God) tests and teaches us, please consider the following facts:

1) everything in this life is either a lesson, test, reward or punishment (or a combination);
2) the sooner the lesson is learned, the sooner one moves on to the next lesson;
3) a test of faith often goes right up until the last moment (e.g. Abraham being asked to sacrifice Isaac, Moses bringing the Israelites to the edge of the Red Sea, with no visible means of escape, etc.); and
4) the perfect system of rewards (blessings) and punishments (curses) is described to us in The Law (e.g. Deut. 28).

So when people say "what would you do in this 'life-threatening' situation or that 'life-threatening' situation", as if that's some excuse to give in to fear/temptation, and reach for the "medicine" cabinet or the phone to call the witch-doctor or hospital, they haven't considered those situations can and usually are lessons and/or tests.

And in their failure to consider the lesson or that they're being tested, they give in, miss out on the lesson, and have to repeat it and the test over again until they either lose the irrational fear of the death of the human body or they run out of time before Judgment Day.

Matthew 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear Him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell-fire.

1 Corinthians 10:11-14
10:11 Now all these things happened unto them for examples: and they are written for our warning, upon whom the ends of the world are come.
10:12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.
10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God [is] faithful, Who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear [it].
10:14 Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry.

For those who may not understand how Father (God) tests and teaches us, please consider the following facts:

1) everything in this life is either a lesson, test, reward or punishment (or a combination);

2) the sooner the lesson is learned, the sooner one moves on to the next lesson;

3) a test of faith often goes right up until the last moment (e.g. Abraham being asked to sacrifice Isaac, Moses bringing the Israelites to the edge of the Red Sea, with no visible means of escape, etc.); and

4) the perfect system of rewards (blessings) and punishments (curses) is described to us in The Law (e.g. Deut. 28).

So when people say "what would you do in this 'life-threatening' situation or that 'life-threatening' situation", as if that's some excuse to give in to fear/temptation, and reach for the "medicine" cabinet or the phone to call the witch-doctor or hospital, they haven't considered those situations can and usually are lessons and/or tests.

And in their failure to consider the lesson or that they're being tested, they give in, miss out on the lesson, and have to repeat it and the test over again until they either lose the irrational fear of the death of the human body or they run out of time before Judgment Day.

Matthew 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear Him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell-fire.

1 Corinthians 10:11-14

10:11 Now all these things happened unto them for examples: and they are written for our warning, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

10:12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God [is] faithful, Who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear [it].

10:14 Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry.
Here's some lessons for you

Matthew 24:5
Verse Concepts
For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will mislead many.

Mark 13:6
Verse Concepts
Many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am He!’ and will mislead many.

Luke 21:8
Verse Concepts
And He said, “See to it that you are not misled; for many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am He,’ and, ‘The time is near.’ Do not go after them.

Matthew 24:23
Verse Concepts
Then if anyone says to you, ‘Behold, here is the Christ,’ or ‘There He is,’ do not believe him.

Mark 13:21
Verse Concepts
And then if anyone says to you, ‘Behold, here is the Christ’; or, ‘Behold, He is there’; do not believe him;

Matthew 24:24
Verse Concepts
For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will show great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect.

Mark 13:22
Verse Concepts
for false Christs and false prophets will arise, and will show signs and wonders, in order to lead astray, if possible, the elect.

Matthew 24:27-31
For just as the lightning comes from the east and flashes even to the west, so will the coming of the Son of Man be. Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather. “But immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.read more.
Mark 13:24-27
“But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun will be darkened and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will be falling from heaven, and the powers that are in the heavens will be shaken. Then they will see the Son of Man coming in clouds with great power and glory.read more.
Luke 21:25-28
“There will be signs in sun and moon and stars, and on the earth dismay among nations, in perplexity at the roaring of the sea and the waves, men fainting from fear and the expectation of the things which are coming upon the world; for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.read more.
2 Corinthians 11:4
Verse Concepts
For if one comes and preaches another Jesus whom we have not preached, or you receive a different spirit which you have not received, or a different gospel which you have not accepted, you bear this beautifully.

Matthew 24:5-26
For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will mislead many. You will be hearing of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not frightened, for those things must take place, but that is not yet the end. For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and in various places there will be famines and earthquakes.read more.
Mark 13:6-22
Many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am He!’ and will mislead many. When you hear of wars and rumors of wars, do not be frightened; those things must take place; but that is not yet the end. For nation will rise up against nation, and kingdom against kingdom; there will be earthquakes in various places; there will also be famines. These things are merely the beginning of birth

Source: https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/False-Christs

JoChris

Superstar
No it isn't. God knows what you are using those things for, and it sure ain't sorcery!
It is a matter of conscience.
As the apostle Paul said:
1 Corinthians 10:23 All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not.

Colossians 2:20 Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,21 (Touch not; taste not; handle not; 22 Which all are to perish with the using) after the commandments and doctrines of men?
23 Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body: not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.

JoChris

Superstar
No, it is NOT satanic to use healthy, natural teas and oils, that come to us in the form that God made them.
If people wish to ascribe magical properties to something, they will find a way.
It is easy to find spell recipes using tea bags of all things!!!
As a Brit, how can you now drink tea knowing it is used by some witches in sorcery?

JoChris

Superstar
Despite what Anthony John Hill has said, using the physical/ medical resources God has given us in the 21st century is not lack of doubt/faith. It is called using the brain God gave you. We have one life only, according the REAL bible [and used in context].

Satan tested Jesus in the desert in a similar way to AJH in fact. Luke 4:1-13
AJH - If you believe God, prove your faith is true by TESTING God.
AJH - don't carefully examine the bible, go on sudden intuition/ revelation, even if you have to deny reality.
etc. etc.

JoChris

Superstar
A. Freeman - you are obviously avoiding my questions now, because they are too uncomfortable for you or "I am a servant or Satan" or whatever label AJH uses.

Surely you can answer the simplest question with a YES or NO? [I did you the courtesy, answering YES I did have the COVID vaccination after all.]
Would YOU go to a skin clinic to get your skin tested if you noticed a mole change size and colour suddenly - YES or NO?

JoChris

Superstar
Freeman sometimes says some things that make sense however I think that not only does he believe in God he thinks he is God lol. Getting a kind of Jim Jones vibe.
AJH would approve what Jesus said to the APOSTLES being taken out of context like other cults do:

Mark 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.