Are men on dating apps psychopaths?

chaco99

Rookie
Recently, I heard a well-known psychologist from the United States , saying that most men on dating apps are psychopaths because of the following reasons :
1- they are manipulators
2- they are narcissists
3- they only seek to use the other person as an object of satisfaction

In my experience, I found that most of the mens in dating apps just look for sex, some of them are honest and say directly that they want just sex. Anothers mens like to lie, and pretend they are in love, just to have sex.

So I'm wondering... is it possible to find love on dating apps? or is it just a waste of time?
Are men on dating apps walking a fine line between normality and a psychopathic behavior?

Moirin

Dating apps are how xy predators dehumanize and victimize xx

Swipe left, swipe right, be meat, be fodder be rejected, be chosen, be used, be used up, be objectified

Any xx that puts themselves on a dating app has been conned by the lie of equal partnership

Lucy

Star
Recently, I heard a well-known psychologist from the United States , saying that most men on dating apps are psychopaths because of the following reasons :
1- they are manipulators
2- they are narcissists

In my experience, I found that most of the mens in dating apps just look for sex, some of them are honest and say directly that they want just sex. Anothers mens like to lie, and pretend they are in love, just to have sex.

So I'm wondering... is it possible to find love on dating apps? or is it just a waste of time?
Are men on dating apps walking a fine line between normality and a psychopathic behavior?
I actually know alot of women who have met very nice men on dating apps. And I know of 3 who ended up married and very happily married I might add.
I certainly would not listen to a psychologist saying how most men on dating sights are psychopaths.
The psychologist sounds like the psychopath!
I am really tired of all this men bashing in the world today.
Men are just like women. Most men are looking for a nice kind woman to share their life with, just like women would like to find a nice man to share their life with.

chaco99

Rookie
Dating apps are how xy predators dehumanize and victimize xx

Swipe left, swipe right, be meat, be fodder be rejected, be chosen, be used, be used up, be objectified

Any xx that puts themselves on a dating app has been conned by the lie of equal partnership
I'm agree about how predators dehumanize and victimize in dating apps, they treat humans as objects.It's an animalistic behavior.

chaco99

Rookie
I actually know alot of women who have met very nice men on dating apps. And I know of 3 who ended up married and very happily married I might add.
They are the EXCEPTION! stadistics don't lie... less than 5 % of match in dating apps end in a relationship...

• They say gays suffer from a "narcissistic" personality disorder and give this clinical description: "Pathological self absorption, a need for constant attention and admiration, lack of empathy or concern for others, quickly bored, shallow, interested in fads, seductive, overemphasis on appearance, superficially charming, promiscuous, exploitative, preoccupied with remaining youthful, relationships alternate between over idealization and devaluation." Doesn't this describe many heterosexuals today?
This is a book review and the last sentence is the article author's comment.

Social media is the place for dopamine addicts. To them, you're the caffeine in a cup of coffee. They're not looking for someone special. They can't stop constantly marketing themselves. They won't be attached to one person and give up their passion to show themselves. Shallowness and dopamine.

chaco99

Rookie
I have no reason to lie.
Yes statistics do lie. Hmmmmm deaths caused by Covid
not all stadistics are a lie like covid deaths... some of them are true.

if one apple is rotten, that doesn't mean all the apples in the basket are rotten... right?

Awoken2

Superstar
So I guess all women who frequent dating apps must be desperate then?

This question is directed at Morita....or whatever sock name you're using now.

chaco99

Rookie
So I guess all women who frequent dating apps must be desperate then?

This question is directed at Morita....or whatever sock name you're using now.
why the agressive behavior ? that's make you feel good?
Let's be respectful to other members of the forum.

Lucy

Star
not all stadistics are a lie like covid deaths... some of them are true.

if one apple is rotten, that doesn't mean all the apples in the basket are rotten... right?
Exactly my point! Not all men are rotten on dating apps!!! Mist are just nice guys looking for someone to share their life with.

Awoken2

Superstar
why the agressive behavior ? that's make you feel good?
Let's be respectful to other members of the forum.
When "other members" of the forum stop posting ridiculous bait threads they will get my respect....until them, I'll call it when I see it.

chaco99

Rookie
When "other members" of the forum stop posting ridiculous bait threads they will get my respect....until them, I'll call it when I see it.
That is a response from a hysterical person. do you like the complaint?

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
1- they are manipulators
2- they are narcissists

Asking that question and combining it with others broaches a wider subject for discussion.

The people online are just as varied as the ones off, the difference being the anonymity and ability to recreate oneself offered by the internet. It aint the 90s and most people should realize to take everyone they "meet" online with a grain of salt. That means everyone from catfishing Nigerian princes to people with full online social circles (fb/linkedin/twttr/etc).

Lots of operators and predators online, thats true, but they also come from all genders, ages, races, social strata and etc.

There are places to go online where the goal is meeting decent likeminded people as friends or even relationships. And there are places with shadows where people are hanging out to do shady stuff. There can be overlap obviously, but the same common sense rules of the real world should apply online.

Lurking009

Veteran
1- they are manipulators
2- they are narcissists
In order for her statement to be true, the psychologist would have to meet, interview, and professionally verify that 'most men' on dating apps are psychopaths. I can 100% guarantee that never happened, and that makes her opinion crap.

Also, psychology in general is BS.

You:
Also you:
I'm agree about how predators dehumanize and victimize in dating apps, they treat humans as objects.It's an animalistic behavior.

stadistics don't lie... less than 5 % of match in dating apps end in a relationship...
If you believe less than 5% of dating app relationships work out and the apps are rife with psychopathic predators, why would you look for love online? It sounds like you are already pretty set against dating apps.

For the record, I'm neither for or against dating apps. Some are for quick hook ups, others are for relationships. Choose wisely.