BTS discussion thread

theartbook35

Veteran
So, all the 7 boys were back in each others' arms...while Jin is on a quick break...to be with them...

As usual, the fandom has been very "emotional..."

If I was in the military and was able to take a break, I don't think my band are the people I'd be hanging out with. I'd be more inclined to spend time with my family and/or significant other.

theartbook35

Veteran
i wouldnt be surprised

but as usual with BT5 you have to wait about a week to see if the results are acually real or fans are just masss buying the first day and then forget about the song
If it was Vee surpassing 1 million sales I'd believe it because of how insanely popular he is. There's just no way that JM achieved that many sales. Armpits ALWAYS mass buy, mass stream, mass search, no matter which member it is. With everything BT5 does, we have to subtract the numbers by at least half to get an idea of what they really are. I also think that the label purchased a significant number of albums though to boost sales. I think they've probably done it for all the members, but for JM I think it's been way more than the others. They want his album to achieve something so much, they want record breaking sales and all that jazz. Hive doesn't have a group to fall back on right now, and even if BT5 reunited today to put out music without Jin, they wouldn't be drawing as much attention because it's not OT7. Hive built their whole company on the BT5OT7 strategy, and without it they are screwed.

e-Enoch

Superstar
If it was Vee surpassing 1 million sales I'd believe it because of how insanely popular he is. There's just no way that JM achieved that many sales. Armpits ALWAYS mass buy, mass stream, mass search, no matter which member it is. With everything BT5 does, we have to subtract the numbers by at least half to get an idea of what they really are. I also think that the label purchased a significant number of albums though to boost sales. I think they've probably done it for all the members, but for JM I think it's been way more than the others. They want his album to achieve something so much, they want record breaking sales and all that jazz. Hive doesn't have a group to fall back on right now, and even if BT5 reunited today to put out music without Jin, they wouldn't be drawing as much attention because it's not OT7. Hive built their whole company on the BT5OT7 strategy, and without it they are screwed.
Seems like they are already starting to be "screwed" big time...they are selling the stocks they've acquired from SM right away to Kakao...lol

Businesses like them will be in dire situation when the banking system becomes digitally "centralized" with the coming CBDC (Central Bank Digital Currency)...it's already happening with the "sudden" bank "collapses," bank runs, and mergers...

Who wants to invest in entertainment these days? Armpits around the world are already actively selling their "precious" Betees collection...which do not increase in value at all... It doesn't make sense that these Armpits are still mass buying physical CDs just to "boost" charts and sales...It's idiotic, plain and simple. Lol!

OECD countries like SK are in the front row...markets in North America and Europe are getting more and more sluggish...

Hope425

Rookie
JM solo is rather disappointing tho I didn’t have much expectations to begin with. The pre release song was bad. The autotune was bad, the rapping or attempts of it awful.

The title track, the autotune wasn’t bad so my initial thought was it’s ok but the song is rather basic, it’s such a generic song n it felt flat in some parts.

I watched the performance and the choreography was so lazy. Like JM is known to be a good dancer but the choreo was so basic n lacked power. It was rather boring.

I had time today lol I watched his j1mmy F interview n he spoke eng for most of it n then some Korean. As someone who has seen many idols who can’t speak any English learn it n now are quite good after they blew up internationally 2017 until now I wud think he wud be better at it but I’m bad at korean so who am I to judge.

But I did find it interesting that with JM he doesn’t really say anything new like almost all the answers if he was asked something his answer was the host, who is he fave person he kept saying the host until he host looked kinda annoyed cos he wanted some answer so JM answered h@rsley for his fave artist I believe n even that he only mentioned her cos they worked together n the fans don’t hate her.

But I watched an interview he did at some magazine photoshoot n he was asked questions n JM was still saying the same answers he gave 4/5 years ago like he doesn’t have a personality or hobbies.

If I cud describe this whole solo debut I wud say it’s forgettable.

Last edited:

theartbook35

Veteran
JM solo is rather disappointing tho I didn’t have much expectations to begin with. The pre release song was bad. The autotune was bad, the rapping or attempts of it awful.

The title track, the autotune wasn’t bad so my initial thought was it’s ok but the song is rather basic, it’s such a generic song n it felt flat in some parts.

I watched the performance and the choreography was so lazy. Like JM is known to be a good dancer but the choreo was so basic n lacked power. It was rather boring.

I had time today lol I watched his j1mmy F interview n he spoke eng for most of it n then some Korean. As someone who has seen many idols who can’t speak any English learn it n now are quite good after they blew up internationally 2017 until now I wud think he wud be better at it but I’m bad at korean so who am I to judge.

But I did find it interesting that with JM he doesn’t really say anything new like almost all the answers if he was asked something his answer was the host, who is he fave person he kept saying the host until he host looked kinda annoyed cos he wanted some answer so JM answered h@rsley for his fave artist I believe n even that he only mentioned her cos they worked together n the fans don’t hate her.

But I watched an interview he did at some magazine photoshoot n he was asked questions n JM was still saying the same answers he gave 4/5 years ago like he doesn’t have a personality or hobbies.

If I cud describe this whole I wud say it’s forgettable.
JM has no interests, no hobbies, no personality, basically there's nothing to him. Other than dancing, he's a pretty empty dude. Borderline robotic. He's either been coached to say these same answers all these years, or as you said he's got zero personality.

When they first debuted, JM was a much more outspoken person. Some of his outspokenness got him in trouble, like the infamous anti-Japanese t-shirt. He was the group prankster, the one to cheer on other members, and so on. Now he doesn't do anything with anybody, and if he is doing anything with another member it's climbing all over them or repeatedly touching them.

e-Enoch

Superstar

JM's voice wasn't really made for singing...his body was supposedly made for dancing...but he did not put much effort to develop this natural talent...his craft has become bland, basic, and boring...what a waste!

e-Enoch

Superstar
JM has no interests, no hobbies, no personality, basically there's nothing to him. Other than dancing, he's a pretty empty dude. Borderline robotic. He's either been coached to say these same answers all these years, or as you said he's got zero personality.

When they first debuted, JM was a much more outspoken person. Some of his outspokenness got him in trouble, like the infamous anti-Japanese t-shirt. He was the group prankster, the one to cheer on other members, and so on. Now he doesn't do anything with anybody, and if he is doing anything with another member it's climbing all over them or repeatedly touching them.
They've lost much of their authenticity and true personalities...this practice of "adapting" concepts to project another persona for the sake of fame and fortune is really doing damage to them as individuals... These "solos" might help "recapture" who they really are...but looks like it's a long shot in the dark...

JM is a classic case of someone who's been "controlled and manipulated..." He's become a "typical puppet..." It's really sad what he has become...Now he's just another artist "trying to survive."

cadiz

Star

i didn't watch his interview but it's interesting what you say

that he said favorite artist H"@sey and the host his favorite person? yes those sound like really scripted answers

now both JM songs are very generic and show no personality
and it's weird because when BT5 debuted in my opnion he was the most charming one, but it seems he lost all that spark and now became the most robotic

minnie82

Superstar

Yes i always think he's pretty unstable ,but younger Jimin have charisma ,but the one from now ,i agree with you ,not

e-Enoch

Superstar
This very low of him to indirectly ask her to become bst fan again. Really immature. But what's with him and jini where ever he goes he talk about him
JM trying to "associate" himself with Jin by talking about him, in "almost" anything concerning him, prior to, during, and after the release of his album is a "strategy..." It's to gain the sympathy of Jin's fans, especially because he's now serving in the military...The "emotionally vulnerable" fans are lending "support" to JM...because he seems to be a "source" of infos for them about Jin... So JM has been "vicariously extracting" some positive vibes from Jin's camp... to benefit himself...