BTS discussion thread

minnie82

Superstar
It's a form of soothing and could also be a stim. They've always treated him awful so he's probably uncomfortable to be around them again. We all stim as a form of comfort, but autistic people do it more. That said, I'm not saying he has autism or anything is wrong with him.

Didn't JK acting the same ways sometimes..? Yes but it seems that all of them looks uncomfortable with each others..

Why is this guy so emotional?

This song sounds similar to their other songs...

It sounds ok but all I hear is autotune. Listening to other groups and solo artists, and then to a hybe group makes it easier to hear the vocal pitch correction. Can any of their artists sing without lip syncing or autotune? Jk sounded better but his voice has changed.

Didn't JK acting the same ways sometimes..? Yes but it seems that all of them looks uncomfortable with each others..
Idols are put in situations that stress them past their limits. Skz, btees, and txxxt dissociate, rock, stare blankly or act like him. I think some people can't handle the stress and abuse and it makes them act differently. We can't go years malnourished, emotional and physically abused, verbally reprimanded constantly and on a few hours sleep if at all for very long. This is what 10 years of that looks like.

minnie82

Superstar
Idols are put in situations that stress them past their limits. Skz, btees, and txxxt dissociate, rock, stare blankly or act like him. I think some people can't handle the stress and abuse and it makes them act differently. We can't go years malnourished, emotional and physically abused, verbally reprimanded constantly and on a few hours sleep if at all for very long. This is what 10 years of that looks like.
Yes that 's really sad

theartbook35

Veteran
It's a form of soothing and could also be a stim. They've always treated him awful so he's probably uncomfortable to be around them again. We all stim as a form of comfort, but autistic people do it more. That said, I'm not saying he has autism or anything is wrong with him.

People have wondered for a long time if Tae is on the spectrum. To me, his thing with strawberries makes it seem like a possibility. But I'm not trying to label him or anything like that.

People have wondered for a long time if Tae is on the spectrum. To me, his thing with strawberries makes it seem like a possibility. But I'm not trying to label him or anything like that.
What's his strawberry thing? I won't be diagnosing him either because it's none of my business. His stans are rabid and attack anyone who thinks he's less than perfect.

theartbook35

Veteran
What's his strawberry thing? I won't be diagnosing him either because it's none of my business. His stans are rabid and attack anyone who thinks he's less than perfect.
He hyperfocuses on strawberries. This video is long but showcases it really well:

I watched the first few clips to see if this video accurately shows how he is about strawberries. In the second clip when Tae is giving correct info about strawberries, NJ and Jin don't trust his knowledge (but YG does), and it really says a lot about how little they respect Tae sometimes. I really think some of the members view him as less intelligent.

He hyperfocuses on strawberries. This video is long but showcases it really well:

I watched the first few clips to see if this video accurately shows how he is about strawberries. In the second clip when Tae is giving correct info about strawberries, NJ and Jin don't trust his knowledge (but YG does), and it really says a lot about how little they respect Tae sometimes. I really think some of the members view him as less intelligent.
Thank you for posting this video. He hyper focuses and is more interested in things that interest him. The rest of the group underestimates him, but YG sees him as intelligent and listens to his ideas. They've probably had some discussions about their treatment by staff and the other members.

theartbook35

Veteran
Thank you for posting this video. He hyper focuses and is more interested in things that interest him. The rest of the group underestimates him, but YG sees him as intelligent and listens to his ideas. They've probably had some discussions about their treatment by staff and the other members.
I think it is super obvious that Tae is neurodivergent. How he's neurodivergent (such as what disorder or LD he could possibly have), I have no clue. But it's been my experience as someone who is neurodivergent, and the experience of others I know, that people see us as stupid, or just not able to function in any capacity. I've seen the BT5 members treat Tae this way in their content for years, and while Tae is not my fave person, nor do I think he's someone I could tolerate being around for very long, I hate how they treat him. I also enjoyed it years ago when the members would gush about NJ's IQ and YG would pipe up with "Well I think Tae is a genius". He was so salty, lol.

I wouldn't even be surprised if Tae has a high IQ. He seems to notice things no one else does. A good example is that time they tried to prank them on the train and he told them he knew what they were doing because he saw YG's reflection in the window and he was laughing, and he said cause NJ can't speak English genuinely, like he sounded fake. To me, in my opinion, that's brilliant, and they STILL do not respect his intelligence. I'll bet if Tae built a rocket and sent it to the moon they still wouldn't respect him.

Last edited:
I think it is super obvious that Tae is neurodivergent, how he's neurodivergent (such as what disorder or LD he could possibly have), I have no clue. But it's been my experience as someone who is neurodivergent, and the experience of others I know, that people see us as stupid, or just not able to function in any capacity. I've seen the BT5 members treat Tae this way in their content for years, and while Tae is not my fave person, nor do I think he's someone I could tolerate being around for very long, I hate how they treat him. I also enjoyed it years ago when the members would gush about NJ's IQ and YG would pipe up with "Well I think Tae is a genius". He was so salty, lol.

I wouldn't even be surprised if Tae has a high IQ. He seems to notice things no one else does. A good example is that time they tried to prank them on the train and he told them he knew what they were doing because he saw YG's reflection in the window and he was laughing, and he said cause NJ can't speak English genuinely, like he sounded fake. To me, in my opinion, that's brilliant, and they STILL do not respect his intelligence. I'll bet if Tae built a rocket and sent it to the moon they still wouldn't respect him.
The sad part is no matter what he does, they won't respect or appreciate his contributions. YG is the only one who listened to him and knew how to use his voice in his songs. The rest push him away or use him for clout.

He's obviously different, but how I'm not sure. I hate how people underestimate neurodivergent people and treat them badly. We all bring something to the table and have different visions of the world. Tae's visuals and fandom probably eats the less popular members alive.

Last edited:

minnie82

Superstar
I think it is super obvious that Tae is neurodivergent, how he's neurodivergent (such as what disorder or LD he could possibly have), I have no clue. But it's been my experience as someone who is neurodivergent, and the experience of others I know, that people see us as stupid, or just not able to function in any capacity. I've seen the BT5 members treat Tae this way in their content for years, and while Tae is not my fave person, nor do I think he's someone I could tolerate being around for very long, I hate how they treat him. I also enjoyed it years ago when the members would gush about NJ's IQ and YG would pipe up with "Well I think Tae is a genius". He was so salty, lol.

Do you think that JK could be autistic too? The guy is very socially awkward but I don't know it's the same case..

theartbook35

Veteran
Do you think that JK could be autistic too? The guy is very socially awkward but I don't know it's the same case..
With JK, I doubt it. I think he's just an introvert. He tends to be really quiet in interviews, and I've never interpreted him as outgoing. People with autism are not socially awkward or necessarily introverted. People who are socially awkward typically are aware of how their behavior will effect others, or worry about how their behavior effects others (social anxiety), so they avoid social situations. I can't speak for every socially awkward person though, cause everyone is a little different and has had their own experiences. People with autism typically do involve themselves with other people, and they do things in social situations with little or no regard for others and fail to comprehend how their behavior impacts others. But they continue to want to be around other people. Again, I'm not saying Tae is autistic but he most definitely does not consider how his behavior impacts others, that is plainly obvious.

minnie82

Superstar
With JK, I doubt it. I think he's just an introvert. He tends to be really quiet in interviews, and I've never interpreted him as outgoing. People with autism are not socially awkward or necessarily introverted. People who are socially awkward typically are aware of how their behavior will effect others, or worry about how their behavior effects others (social anxiety), so they avoid social situations. I can't speak for every socially awkward person though, cause everyone is a little different and has had their own experiences. People with autism typically do involve themselves with other people, and they do things in social situations with little or no regard for others and fail to comprehend how their behavior impacts others. But they continue to want to be around other people. Again, I'm not saying Tae is autistic but he most definitely does not consider how his behavior impacts others, that is plainly obvious.
ok thanks for explanation

Tae clearly does not care, but it's not malicious. That's why I think he's autistic. Jk has social anxiety. He adjusts his behavior to please @rmys and others without regard to what he wants. I think Ta3hyun of t×t has autism too. He's very unaware of what he's saying and doing. Fans joke that he's a robot or a cat because of his lack of emotional responses. He's had to tell them over and that he's a person and that hurts his feelings.

Lol! Looking for the "highest bidder..." In street parlance, they say high-end "call boy..."

All things aside, I must say Tae is a very gorgeous man! He has an arresting presence...although Jin's charm readily catches attention...
If someone combined his looks and Gin's charm, they would be a lethal combo.