BTS discussion thread

Keeping it 100, I don't think t*t is that good. From what I've heard from them they sound whiny with weak vocals and way too much autotune. As far as looks wise, I don't think they would appeal to many in the west. They are too made up (like dolls) and sickly looking.
View attachment 76863
2nd and 3rd gen boy groups looked manlier and more natural. All of these 4th gen groups I've heard are subpar. The music sounds like noise. Idk, aside from a niche fandom, I don't see any of these youngins becoming global sensations. B*s at least once upon a time had catchy music and covered their lack of vocal talent well with their much better rapline. The timing was right for b*s. Like some said on here, when one direction disbanded their fans became armies. As far as en*ypen, I haven't really listened to their music so I can't judge. I do think it's sad how aside from 2 members, they were probably forced by the company to get excessive ps.

Also, I'm curious about that female hype group leessafim or whatever the hell they're called and if they're disbanding yet. I thought I heard they kept that member that's a bully and their first single didn't do well.
I was at their concert and they were worth the hype.

I haven't listened to a lot of their songs but the few I've heard have so much auto tune and I don't understand why people like it so much. I've liked a few I've heard from them but even at that I don't understand why people keep saying that their discography is flawless???? one thing I've noticed is how no one really bashes their music too, especially when you see these videos that are like groups with bad songs and txt is never mentioned then I'd see comments saying " see how no one mentioned txt" and from most I've seen its true and surprising. they don't drag them at all, at least from what I've seen so far
Not to beleaguer the point but they have live vocals. Many kpop groups can't sing at their level and dance at the same time. Bigh1t prefers the plastic look and autotune for everyone.

PrincessPunch

Veteran
one thing I've noticed is how no one really bashes their music too, especially when you see these videos that are like groups with bad songs and txt is never mentioned then I'd see comments saying " see how no one mentioned txt" and from most I've seen its true and surprising. they don't drag them at all, at least from what I've seen so far
ive seen those comments too!! annoying as hell they're like a cult i swear. i was more of a fan of enhyp3n then t*t but i've listen to their song "good boy gone bad" by accident and its pretty mid imo. i haven't really listened to enhyp3ns song and i don't plan to anyways but i've heard it's terrible and they apparently tried to sample chicago drill music lmaoo

ive seen those comments too!! annoying as hell they're like a cult i swear. i was more of a fan of enhyp3n then t*t but i've listen to their song "good boy gone bad" by accident and its pretty mid imo. i haven't really listened to enhyp3ns song and i don't plan to anyways but i've heard it's terrible and they apparently tried to sample chicago drill music lmaoo
I think no one drags them because they can sing live pretty good. They're dragged for looks, but not talent.

PrincessPunch

Veteran
I think no one drags them because they can sing live pretty good. They're dragged for looks, but not talent.
if i'll be honest txt's sudden talent in the vocal department makes me suspicious. it reminds me of taem1n. i remember when i would see alot of people dragging them for their vocals cause they couldn't sing that well but now suddenly with their recent album they seem to be sounding way better than they used to and many people are praising them for it. it could be that they took some vocal training but hybe never really focused that much on vocals and i don't even think these groups even have vocal coaches like they claim. the reason why this all reminds me of taem1n and what makes me suspicious is that i saw this one youtuber explaining how taem1n couldn't sing at all when he started in shinee, but now he suddenly can. alot of fans have even noted that his sudden vocal improvement is impressive and she suspected that some supernatural power was at play. so what i'm basically trying to say is that in my opinion with txt, i think there's more to it behind the smoke and mirrors and there's also some supernatural stuff at play, especially with their sudden vocal talent. and the fact that they even skyrocketed in sales for their recent album... it's all sus to me:confused:

Yeahhh, I'm just not feelin' them...from the style of music to their vocals. They sound jmn level off key here..
Maybe they are overworked and it effected their vocals. Anyway, don't mean to offend anyone.
You're fine! I appreciate your posts and they're very informative. We all like different things. What gives me pause is that my friend thought it was a cult during the show. There was a lot of fire and my friend said it was demonic. Sometimes an outsider can see things we don't.

The group is overworked and don't have vocal training. Bigh1t won't invest in vocals which would improve their music a lot. If they're not careful, the singers could end up with damaged vocal cords like Jm.

Berrywon88

Star
You're fine! I appreciate your posts and they're very informative
Thanks, I feel the same way about your posts.
What gives me pause is that my friend thought it was a cult during the show. There was a lot of fire and my friend said it was demonic. Sometimes an outsider can see things we don't
Creepy. Seems like every performance these days is demonic in nature whether in Kpop or western music.
The group is overworked and don't have vocal training. Bigh1t won't invest in vocals which would improve their music a lot. If they're not careful, the singers
So true about hype and their groups. The company really don't care about their artists straining their vocals due to overwork. Jmn for ex. once had a pretty nice falsetto like in the song let me know. He could sing the high note in that song live with relative ease and look at him now.

Beautiful

Star
According to me jk is really trying hard to keep his manliness alive. With those tattoos and that hotel poster which he wantedly showed it. Some here mentioned he is going through rebellion phase.that maybe the reason why he is avoiding cp. There are rumours of him sleeping with anyone. Like here he constantly looks at her. There are many vedios of him looking at girls. Unlike v. If v comes out as g@y it will be big news to world. Or he will pull like James c@rden marry and settle but kiss whoever u like

Last edited:

Kimiko2

Established
Jkay is always looking at women but tries to be slick about it

JM is the one who has Armyyy totally fooled cuz that guy is not the gay fairy he pretends to be ,I have seen too many videos of him checking out women
And when not being his btss persona he is actually pretty masculine

Onnanoko

Rookie
if i'll be honest txt's sudden talent in the vocal department makes me suspicious. it reminds me of taem1n. i remember when i would see alot of people dragging them for their vocals cause they couldn't sing that well but now suddenly with their recent album they seem to be sounding way better than they used to and many people are praising them for it. it could be that they took some vocal training but hybe never really focused that much on vocals and i don't even think these groups even have vocal coaches like they claim. the reason why this all reminds me of taem1n and what makes me suspicious is that i saw this one youtuber explaining how taem1n couldn't sing at all when he started in shinee, but now he suddenly can. alot of fans have even noted that his sudden vocal improvement is impressive and she suspected that some supernatural power was at play. so what i'm basically trying to say is that in my opinion with txt, i think there's more to it behind the smoke and mirrors and there's also some supernatural stuff at play, especially with their sudden vocal talent. and the fact that they even skyrocketed in sales for their recent album... it's all sus to me:confused:
I'm a little bit of an insider of music industry in my country and I can explain the situation. I sing and I can say that T x t's vocal line as always been good, they never really had a sudden improvement. With good I definitely don't mean Jungk0ok level, which has an incredibly good control of his vocals, or Hwasa level or whatever lol
But they are good at conveying feelings in the voice, especially Ye0njun, except for T4ehyun who is more technical. I would say a medium level.

The problem with them is: they clearly lack training. Their stamina, especially Ye0njun's, is extremely low so you can watch a very good performance of them and also a very bad one the day after because they're exhausted.
For what live vocals are concerned, unfortunately they are totally playback. I've watched their live concert past week and it was all pre recorded.
This technique that we may use in the pop music industry (which is what SM does everytime with Sh1nee and Tae1m comebacks) is prerecording live vocals with stage mics while dancing or moving softly, edit them and then use the track for lipsyncing so that it sounds live. Of course this way it sounds very natural, but you still can tell because they're moving like crazy in some moves and perfect notes at those moments isn't really possible. Especially if you listen to a whole live and can never hear a mistake, which was T x t's case at the latest online concert, it is clearly pre recorded.

Flaws in vocals of a live performance are beautiful I think, it really bothers me this total lipsync, instead of at least putting background vocals with a high volume and singing on them, because they really are good.

As for what Taem1n is concerned, he had some months to train the vocals and SM has great vocal trainers, they all sing the same way but at least it works. He also said he practiced extremely hard to learn to the point of bleeding (I don't know if this statement can be trusted cause bleeding cant' lead you to learn singing lol)

What B1ghit care most about is the uniqueness of the vocals, so they don't spend money training idols because when you learn technique you could easily lose some of your voice quality for the sake of a correct singing technique. And they also don't think an idol needs to know how to sing

Last edited:
Thanks, I feel the same way about your posts.
Creepy. Seems like every performance these days is demonic in nature whether in Kpop or western music.

So true about hype and their groups. The company really don't care about their artists straining their vocals due to overwork. Jmn for ex. once had a pretty nice falsetto like in the song let me know. He could sing the high note in that song live with relative ease and look at him now.
Thank you! Music different years ago. There were undertones of darker stuff but it wasn't pushed how it is now.

He had a very pretty voice and was so cute before. Maybe he can fix his voice and be able to sing again. He would give the competition a run for their money.

I'm a little bit of an insider of music industry in my country and I can explain the situation. I sing and I can say that T x t's vocal line as always been good, they never really had a sudden improvement. With good I definitely don't mean Jungk0ok level, which has an incredibly good control of his vocals, or Hwasa level or whatever lol
But they are good at conveying feelings in the voice, especially Ye0njun, except for T4ehyun who is more technical. I would say a medium level.

The problem with them is: they clearly lack training. Their stamina, especially Ye0njun's, is extremely low so you can watch a very good performance of them and also a very bad one the day after because they're exhausted.
For what live vocals are concerned, unfortunately they are totally playback. I've watched their live concert past week and it was all pre recorded.
This technique that we may use in the pop music industry (which is what SM does everytime with Sh1nee and Tae1m comebacks) is prerecording live vocals with stage mics while dancing or moving softly, edit them and then use the track for lipsyncing so that it sounds live. Of course this way it sounds very natural, but you still can tell because they're moving like crazy in some moves and perfect notes at those moments isn't really possible. Especially if you listen to a whole live and can never hear a mistake, which was T x t's case at the latest online concert, it is clearly pre recorded.

Flaws in vocals of a live performance are beautiful I think, it really bothers me this total lipsync, instead of at least putting background vocals with a high volume and singing on them, because they really are good.

As for what Taem1n is concerned, he had some months to train the vocals and SM has great vocal trainers, they all sing the same way but at least it works. He also said he practiced extremely hard to learn to the point of bleeding (I don't know if this statement can be trusted cause bleeding cant' lead you to learn singing lol)

What B1ghit care most about is the uniqueness of the vocals, so they don't spend money training idols because when you learn technique you could easily lose some of your voice quality for the sake of a correct singing technique. And they also don't think an idol needs to know how to sing
I have to agree about bigh1t. They want unique vocals and good dancers but won't invest in training vocalists. That's on top of their idols being malnourished, overworked and worn out.

Are you saying that even essem prerecorded their vocals for SHINe3 concerts? What about exo or their other artists? They have a great reputation for vocals. Does Taemin have good vocal control? I've seen his encore stages and he's pretty good. What's your opinion on A3spa? Thank you.