BTS discussion thread

Did you enjoy the concert? Did you feel anything in energy like I read some felt giddy at BTS concert and after concert finished they can't remember anything.
I had a great time but felt drained the next day. When we got there, I was feeling blah because of other stuff going on. The energy of the people around me and the the group helped me get into a positive mood. I can't remember much about the concert, except I screamed a lot.

arhur12

Star
if i'll be honest txt's sudden talent in the vocal department makes me suspicious. it reminds me of taem1n. i remember when i would see alot of people dragging them for their vocals cause they couldn't sing that well but now suddenly with their recent album they seem to be sounding way better than they used to and many people are praising them for it. it could be that they took some vocal training but hybe never really focused that much on vocals and i don't even think these groups even have vocal coaches like they claim. the reason why this all reminds me of taem1n and what makes me suspicious is that i saw this one youtuber explaining how taem1n couldn't sing at all when he started in shinee, but now he suddenly can. alot of fans have even noted that his sudden vocal improvement is impressive and she suspected that some supernatural power was at play. so what i'm basically trying to say is that in my opinion with txt, i think there's more to it behind the smoke and mirrors and there's also some supernatural stuff at play, especially with their sudden vocal talent. and the fact that they even skyrocketed in sales for their recent album... it's all sus to me:confused:
T@emin worked his ass off to improve his vocals. He took vocal lessons from the same vocal coach who trained legends such as Kyuhyun of 5m who is considered THE best idol vocalist by professionals. Also he received some vocal coaching from his hyung j0nghyun as well. I don't see T x T showing that kind of improvement. They still rely on autotune, vocal processing and playback most of the time

arhur12

Star
I'm a little bit of an insider of music industry in my country and I can explain the situation. I sing and I can say that T x t's vocal line as always been good, they never really had a sudden improvement. With good I definitely don't mean Jungk0ok level, which has an incredibly good control of his vocals, or Hwasa level or whatever lol
But they are good at conveying feelings in the voice, especially Ye0njun, except for T4ehyun who is more technical. I would say a medium level.

The problem with them is: they clearly lack training. Their stamina, especially Ye0njun's, is extremely low so you can watch a very good performance of them and also a very bad one the day after because they're exhausted.
For what live vocals are concerned, unfortunately they are totally playback. I've watched their live concert past week and it was all pre recorded.
This technique that we may use in the pop music industry (which is what SM does everytime with Sh1nee and Tae1m comebacks) is prerecording live vocals with stage mics while dancing or moving softly, edit them and then use the track for lipsyncing so that it sounds live. Of course this way it sounds very natural, but you still can tell because they're moving like crazy in some moves and perfect notes at those moments isn't really possible. Especially if you listen to a whole live and can never hear a mistake, which was T x t's case at the latest online concert, it is clearly pre recorded.

Flaws in vocals of a live performance are beautiful I think, it really bothers me this total lipsync, instead of at least putting background vocals with a high volume and singing on them, because they really are good.

As for what Taem1n is concerned, he had some months to train the vocals and SM has great vocal trainers, they all sing the same way but at least it works. He also said he practiced extremely hard to learn to the point of bleeding (I don't know if this statement can be trusted cause bleeding cant' lead you to learn singing lol)

What B1ghit care most about is the uniqueness of the vocals, so they don't spend money training idols because when you learn technique you could easily lose some of your voice quality for the sake of a correct singing technique. And they also don't think an idol needs to know how to sing
T@emin was going through puberty he said his voice was breaking so he did not take vocal lessons given to Sh1nee predebut. He only talked about nosebleeds which he may have gotten due to overwork+ being malnourished. Thanks for the information. Are you a vocal coach?? because I have heard from vocal coaches that all Hyb3 singers including T X T and enpipen have very weak vocal technique.

arhur12

Star
I have to agree about bigh1t. They want unique vocals and good dancers but won't invest in training vocalists. That's on top of their idols being malnourished, overworked and worn out.

Are you saying that even essem prerecorded their vocals for SHINe3 concerts? What about exo or their other artists? They have a great reputation for vocals. Does Taemin have good vocal control? I've seen his encore stages and he's pretty good. What's your opinion on A3spa? Thank you.
Sadly the Sh1nee beyondlive was 70-80% lipsynched except for the ballads which were live. They haven't sung DCM or Atlantis live even once yet and only Kind was sung live on music show once. Their previous concerts had more live vocals but still the more energetic and dance heavy songs were largely lipsynched. Key's concert was mostly live and Onew's solo concert was fully live as well but both became super exhausted after the concert. For T@emin's concerts he mostly sings the ballads live and there are some parts in songs he sings live like the chorus part in press your number and danger but most of it is lipped. He tried to do full live singing for offsick and it ended up hurting his voice (not like he permenantly damaged his vocal cords or anything just that his voice became somewhat whispery temporarily). Singing live while doing back to back heavy dance numbers is just very very hard and not healthy at all if you want to have a long term career even Michael Jackson would lip sync a LOT most of the times his heavy dance numbers were lipped . Beyonce is amazing but let's be real her dance routines are nowhere near as technically hard or exhausting as MJ or Britney spears routines and she herself has been caught lip syncing before

Laura755y

Star
He talks with tata mic face. Some one must be from elite in that group.
We talked about this before, he has age regression, sometimes he acts like a kid, even his own body nowadays looks like that of a teen, i believe many of them were born into it, he's no different, the abuse those kids, have to endure is terrifying, r*pe, manipulation, brainwashing, physical abuse, having to participate in demonic rituals, murder, and ofc force them kids to take drugs. It's sick.

Attachments

Last edited:

Beautiful

Star
I just think it's really creepy how everything is planned out with b*s way in advance. Like even jhpe's name is derived from some ancient myth? And if I'm not mistaken, opening pandora's box is not a good thing but evil. It reminds me of the pied piper song where b*s admit to luring their fans into destruction. Scary stuff!..
Pied piper lyrics:
"It’s bad so it’s better
You know on the inside
You can’t stop it now (you can’t stop)
So be honest with me Stop Now stop watching and study for your test Your parents and boss hate me Video clips, pictures, tweets V app, Bon Voyage I know, you can’t help what you like But stop, interpret the music video later
You have so many pictures of me in your room anyway It’s not just one hour, it’s a whole year that’ll disappear So this song is an award I’m giving to you
Good You’re not being punished Come here, I’m your paradise Can’t close your eyes Can’t close your eyes
You can throw a fit but it’s no use (Don’t reject me) Just close your eyes, tune your ears Follow the sound of the pipe, follow this song..."
Oh there is song of stray kidzs called charmer. The lyrics are like this"oh you can't resist it, oh even if you struggle,oh dance through my magic/spell, you cannot supress it, I'm the charmer charmer" charmer means one who manipulates people by its attraction. Same like pied Piper
I observed some link between group of skz and txt. They both wore eye patch. Both uses whistle in music. Both put mocking laugh in their music in recent era. Skz has highly addictive music and bgm. Txt is less addictive. I wonder if both have same music producer secretly as they may use ghost writer. And i observed spell like baraboom boom some thing like that. BP has this in one song and it became huge hit. Skz also have same thing in their songs. We may think it is catchy but it can turnout like spell whoknows

Last edited:
Sadly the Sh1nee beyondlive was 70-80% lipsynched except for the ballads which were live. They haven't sung DCM or Atlantis live even once yet and only Kind was sung live on music show once. Their previous concerts had more live vocals but still the more energetic and dance heavy songs were largely lipsynched. Key's concert was mostly live and Onew's solo concert was fully live as well but both became super exhausted after the concert. For T@emin's concerts he mostly sings the ballads live and there are some parts in songs he sings live like the chorus part in press your number and danger but most of it is lipped. He tried to do full live singing for offsick and it ended up hurting his voice (not like he permenantly damaged his vocal cords or anything just that his voice became somewhat whispery temporarily). Singing live while doing back to back heavy dance numbers is just very very hard and not healthy at all if you want to have a long term career even Michael Jackson would lip sync a LOT most of the times his heavy dance numbers were lipped . Beyonce is amazing but let's be real her dance routines are nowhere near as technically hard or exhausting as MJ or Britney spears routines and she herself has been caught lip syncing before
Wish a lot more fans would read this. They're convinced that their idols sing live during heavy choreography. Are the vocals prerecorded and then lips synced, or do they use the studio recording, something that's happened with other groups? Thanks!

arhur12

Star
Wish a lot more fans would read this. They're convinced that their idols sing live during heavy choreography. Are the vocals prerecorded and then lips synced, or do they use the studio recording, something that's happened with other groups? Thanks!
Its prerecorded live vocals. It means the artist will record themselves singing while performing an easier version of the dance so it sounds like it is live but its actually lipped.

Berrywon88

Star
h you can't resist it, oh even if you struggle,oh dance through my magic/spell, you cannot supress it, I'm the charmer charmer" charmer means one who manipulates people by its attraction. Same like pied Piper
Wow, they're not even trying to hide it with those lyrics. Very disturbing! The word "charmer" can also be related to snakes..like a snake charmer perhaps.
Txt is less addictive. I wonder if both have same music producer secretly as they may use ghost writer. And i observed spell like baraboom boom some thing like that. BP has this in one song and it became huge hit. Skz also have same thing in their songs. We may think it is catchy but it can turnout like spell whoknows
I agree with you, I think there are spells...the boombayah bp song was a good example.
Some of the lyrics to that song show how dumb it really is,
"Now gotta step on it, what else can I do?
I'm young and fearless, man
Middle finger up, F-U pay me
90's baby, I pump up the jam
Step on it, step on it, oppa-ya lambo
Today yours and mine, our youth's a gamble
Don't dare to stop me, if anyone gets in my way
I'ma go, brrrr, Rambo"

I laugh when fans say kpop songs are deeper and more meaningful than the west..
Most kpop music in general is not very good. However, I'll notice no matter how much you hated a kpop song initially, after a couple of listens you'll like it and after a few more listens you're hooked. Like you said "addictive."

Oh there is song of stray kidzs called charmer. The lyrics are like this"oh you can't resist it, oh even if you struggle,oh dance through my magic/spell, you cannot supress it, I'm the charmer charmer" charmer means one who manipulates people by its attraction. Same like pied Piper
I observed some link between group of skz and txt. They both wore eye patch. Both uses whistle in music. Both put mocking laugh in their music in recent era. Skz has highly addictive music and bgm. Txt is less addictive. I wonder if both have same music producer secretly as they may use ghost writer. And i observed spell like baraboom boom some thing like that. BP has this in one song and it became huge hit. Skz also have same thing in their songs. We may think it is catchy but it can turnout like spell whoknows
Songs as spells using modern music.

Lots of kpop songs use Morse code. Txt was introduced using Morse code at the end of their introduction videos. Music was encoded using Morse code to get messages to and from people.

B*s=SK gov't sellouts, political pawns etc.. And why is this expo being discussed like this when it's years away??
They got used by the last administration. The new President has no use for them and btees away, and then got mad because btees said they were done. All integrity was lost when they jumped and danced when M00n told them to. Real rappers told them they were studio rappers and they took it, so we been knew about them. Unfortunately Armys are catching up. I feel for the ones who really think btees is some progressive group. They're the modern BB with the same types of problems except worse because they're global.

Wow, they're not even trying to hide it with those lyrics. Very disturbing! The word "charmer" can also be related to snakes..like a snake charmer perhaps.
I agree with you, I think there are spells...the boombayah bp song was a good example.
Some of the lyrics to that song show how dumb it really is,
"Now gotta step on it, what else can I do?
I'm young and fearless, man
Middle finger up, F-U pay me
90's baby, I pump up the jam
Step on it, step on it, oppa-ya lambo
Today yours and mine, our youth's a gamble
Don't dare to stop me, if anyone gets in my way
I'ma go, brrrr, Rambo"

I laugh when fans say kpop songs are deeper and more meaningful than the west..
Most kpop music in general is not very good. However, I'll notice no matter how much you hated a kpop song initially, after a couple of listens you'll like it and after a few more listens you're hooked. Like you said "addictive."
Fans call it Stockholm Syndrome when they learn to love a song they didn't like before. That's all we need to know about kpop. Really good kpop songs focus on emotions and use a lot of poetic language to talk about feelings. Western songs use metaphors and similes to talk about things that happened, emotions or love. The two cultures focus on different things. It's not better or worse to me.

That said, most pop music is fast food. I don't think the top American songs are deep, and same for kpop. It's fast food to be devoured and thrown away when the next big thing is out.

Its prerecorded live vocals. It means the artist will record themselves singing while performing an easier version of the dance so it sounds like it is live but its actually lipped.
Thanks for explaining this. Hope lurking stans will get it through their heads and stop screeching about oppar and unnies vocals. Have heard that breathing noises are recorded too but don't know if it's true.