BTS discussion thread

This is apparently what they do in abundance. I heard many stories of how SK doesn't accept foreigners, specifically black people, in their clubs or establishments. They will blast black music like American hip hop and r&b in their clubs all day everyday but only let fellow Koreans in. There's a recent vid where this youtber talks about it..
And not to be rude to this woman or other people that repeatedly go to SK..BUT why do they?? Like why spend your money in a country that clearly doesn't want you there. Idk I don't get it. Is this the true definition of a koreaboo?
They won't get a dime of my money. Stores and restaurants can legally discriminate against customers and there's nothing they can do. If I get kicked out of a store here for being black, I can sue and the store would face a boycott. That's why I don't take btees or any kpop group serious when they complain about discrimination.

My country has more freedom and rights for minorities than theirs. Is it perfect? No country is perfect but it's not a hellhole for poor minorities and foreigners can become American. White nationalists love to talk about countries like Korea and Japan, but the citizens are trying to GTFO and come over here.

Very interesting, thanks for sharing:) If going by other women's accounts, Hongdae and Itaewon are supposed to be the more welcoming places for non Koreans to hang out. Basically the main tourist locations with a lot of foreigners so you're less likely to experience racism there. However, that was pre covid, which is when you were there and had a nice experience. Glad you did btw. According to the youtber I posted and others showing receipts this is no longer the case and clubs are denying black people even in Itaewon when they didn't before. Basically foreigners are being treated shittier than ever. That was the point of her vid I guess, to show how SK has changed in just a couple of yrs.
I watch a white YouTuber, and he's talked about how Ch1na has become more insular and racist in the span of a few years. I don't know why, but Ch1na, Jap9n and SK are getting worse for foreigners especially blacks and Seas. He said friends would talk about foreigners but say that he was ok. He laughed and said they probably said stuff behind his back too.

cadiz

Star
well seems like Hope new song flopped again in Korea

[enter-talk] WHAT'S UP WITH J-HOPE CHARTING OUT IN 1 HOUR ONLY

1. [+79, -71]
The reason why J-hope completely failed despite being the first solo of BTS: first of all, J-hope has no fans. His singing skills are also so-so, just like his rap skills. The general public barely knows that there's a member named J-hope in BTS. This is how little presence he has

2. [+74, -54]
It's because he has no individual recognition and his song was so so

3. [+64, -54]
BTS is what's impressive, meanwhile J-hope is... Just another celebrity

4. [+36, -15]
He made such a big fuss about the partyㅋㅋ Just to chart out

cadiz

Star
as expected BT5 solo results are not impressive this far

Hope will have to be carried by international fans, but his other song was something like 80th on Billboard so i don't think they can do much for him
i really think JK (average as he is) is the only big chance Hybe has to make a succesful solo out of them

1. [+79, -71]
The reason why J-hope completely failed despite being the first solo of BTS: first of all, J-hope has no fans. His singing skills are also so-so, just like his rap skills. The general public barely knows that there's a member named J-hope in BTS. This is how little presence he has

2. [+74, -54]

3. [+64, -54]

4. [+36, -15]
[/QUOTE]
Knetz are so mean. I won't comment on his release, but damn. This is why celebrities kill themselves over there. They don't just criticize your work, they come for your soul. Glad I'm not there.

as expected BT5 solo results are not impressive this far

Hope will have to be carried by international fans, but his other song was something like 80th on Billboard so i don't think they can do much for him
i really think JK (average as he is) is the only big chance Hybe has to make a succesful solo out of them
I don't think he will either. He's boring, and his voice isn't unique. I would be at hive discussing the next contract. Solo isn't working out for them. Watch Jm or Tae do better. However, I think the breakout hit is Sg. He's the only one whose done well.

cadiz

Star
I don't think he will either. He's boring, and his voice isn't unique. I would be at hive discussing the next contract. Solo isn't working out for them. Watch Jm or Tae do better. However, I think the breakout hit is Sg. He's the only one whose done well.
yeah but I think Sugar does well as a producer
his last song did well in Korea but its a feat with PSY (who is huge over there)

until now most of the song he produced did well over there, i just dont know if the korean public cares for him as a rapper

arhur12

Star
his last song did well in Korea but its a feat with PSY (who is huge over there)

until now most of the song he produced did well over there, i just dont know if the korean public cares for him as a rapper
I think he will do great. He has collabs with big people like PSY and IU people know him and think highly of him. How did Daechwata do?? I think among rap line Sg has the best chance of success in Korea.

arhur12

Star

1. [+79, -71]

2. [+74, -54]

3. [+64, -54]

4. [+36, -15]
Knetz are so mean. I won't comment on his release, but damn. This is why celebrities kill themselves over there. They don't just criticize your work, they come for your soul. Glad I'm not there.

[/QUOTE]
Knetz do not listen to Hard Core Rap. They want their ballads and songs which are easy to listen to. They don't like edgelords and it is pretty clear that Jdope's solo is aimed towards a western audience.

Ouch he's out too then. They don't care about Rm or Jh. The singers aren't that good, except for Jk, and he's not the male I.U.

Knetz do not listen to Hard Core Rap. They want their ballads and songs which are easy to listen to. They don't like edgelords and it is pretty clear that Jdope's solo is aimed towards a western audience.
[/QUOTE]
How is the West receiving his work?

Berrywon88

Star
They won't get a dime of my money. Stores and restaurants can legally discriminate against customers and there's nothing they can do. If I get kicked out of a store here for being black, I can sue and the store would face a boycott. That's why I don't take btees or any kpop group serious when they complain about discrimination.

My country has more freedom and rights for minorities than theirs. Is it perfect? No country is perfect but it's not a hellhole for poor minorities and foreigners can become American. White nationalists love to talk about countries like Korea and Japan, but the citizens are trying to GTFO and come over here.
My thoughts exactly. It's hard for me to fathom that a country in the 21st century can get away with such overt racism like having no foreigner signs everywhere. That immediately tells me how backwards and un-progressive the place is. And these are countries that promote tourism, yet when a foreigner comes to travel they can't enter your establishments??? Tf?! I say get them where it hurts and don't go over there and waste your money. And people can dog America all they want (it seems to be the in thing to do these days), but the sh!t these countries are pulling would NEVER happen here, for one thing it's illegal!
I watch a white YouTuber, and he's talked about how Ch1na has become more insular and racist in the span of a few years. I don't know why, but Ch1na, Jap9n and SK are getting worse for foreigners especially blacks and Seas. He said friends would talk about foreigners but say that he was ok. He laughed and said they probably said stuff behind his back too.
Smdh! I saw this one vid on ytube where an African woman was in China minding her business and all these random people were taking her photos without permission, touching her braided hair, and basically swarming around her. It was so disturbing. She's a human being for goodness sake and they don't even get how rude that is. I'd have been scared if I was in that woman's place. Anyway, I've also heard it's more openly racist in those countries since covid. If I'm not mistaken Japan is still not letting foreigners in their country, but yet their citizens can travel all over the world and come back. How does that even make sense.

Berrywon88

Star
1. [+79, -71]
Dang! This was cold! They weren't trying to soften their words at all. I think they're pretty spot on though. Jhpe is probably the least popular member of the group. He's not considered attractive in his home country or elsewhere and let's face it people are shallow. His persona is the most contrived making him come across as very fake. And his voice is annoying too, but that could just be me that feels that way. Even if he came out with good music, I doubt it would have mattered. He'd still flop.

Laura755y

Star
Dang! This was cold! They weren't trying to soften their words at all. I think they're pretty spot on though. Jhpe is probably the least popular member of the group. He's not considered attractive in his home country or elsewhere and let's face it people are shallow. His persona is the most contrived making him come across as very fake. And his voice is annoying too, but that could just be me that feels that way. Even if he came out with good music, I doubt it would have mattered. He'd still flop.
You're not the only one, he's so fkn fake, i'm not their biggest fan but bru'h he creeps the fuck out of me, he always gave me the psycho clown vibe.

Last edited: