BTS discussion thread

Berrywon88

Star
My thoughts about YG and the JJ "scandal" are that it was blown wildly out of proportion. All he was doing was comparing certain kinds of rappers to cultists cause their behavior can be very similar. That went over people's heads because he's a hip hop artist, not a pop singer and many BTS fans aren't educated about hip hop. People didn't attempt to get educated either and instead tore into him and anyone who supported him.
With all due respect, what the actual f*^k are you on about??! Let's not try to rewrite history because a couple of years went by. This is not what happened during that jim jones scandal. This is what happened:
What I recall, is black armys being harassed, doxxed, and told to k!ll themselves because they rightfully had an issue with the sample. I was one of those fans. And honestly it shouldn't have been only black people that cared, when that piece of sh!t sampled a mass murderer that k!lled over 900 people 1/3rd of them being children. Who would want to listen to such filth?? And it's not like yn's song was about speaking out against this event but rather another bragging track. Like "hip hop" doesn't have enough of those. Nothing went over people's head hun. The lyrics are banal at best..
"[Chorus]
What do you think? What do you think?

Number one on Billboard (Oh, no), what do you think? (Yeah, yeah)
Next a Grammy (Grammy), what do you think? (Yeah, yeah)

No matter what you think, I'm sorry, but shit, I have no fucking interest (Interest)

No matter what you think, I'm sorry, but shit, I have no fucking interest

[Verse 2]
The ten zeros in my bank account, that money is the collateral for my youth
I got a big house big car big ring, bring anything over, I'll give it to you, my black card"

Last edited:

Berrywon88

Star
Also, the jhpe lovefest on here as of late is sickening. Man can't dance for sh!t:
ezgif.com-gif-maker-6.gif
Look at his stiff @** thinking he's doing something.
Also, jhpe can't sing...
Idk man, this thread is a mess. It's like it will go 5 steps forward then 10,000 steps back. Last I checked this isn't a fansite!

Last edited:

cadiz

Star
Also, the jhpe lovefest on here as of late is sickening. Man can't dance for sh!t:
View attachment 78908
Look at his stiff @** thinking he's doing something.
View attachment 78910
If You want to see real hip hop dancing look at artists like Mya here. Look how smooth her moves are. This is dancing!
Also, jhpe can't sing...
Idk man, this thread is a mess. It's like it will go 5 steps forward then 10,000 steps back. Last I checked this isn't a fansite!
yeah
i understand some can believe BT5 are talented
but we are not supposed to be here to fangirl about how great they are

Coming here to justify Sugar nasty actions and to fangirl about Hope and how underrated he is....idk its pretty weird and I noticed it happened a lot since he released his solo that flopped pretty hard

minnie82

Superstar
No no not you haha. I always think your posts are objective and to the point. I can tell you're not an army.
ok, i felt taken into question because i wrote that J-hope is talented and he's underrated , that's for that , even if they are talented or not, i never praised them, because they are pretty into the occult and dark stuff ..

Kimiko2

Established
Thank you, I'm tired! This thread could have been a lot shorter and more concise if armys didn't come on here every 2 seconds fangirling about these basic af dudes.
And they are basic af, its much better looking male kpop idols than these average looking emaciated men and with much more talent than them as well

If not for their sheep ass fans they wouldn't be where they are or multi millionaires
And really they are just puppets for their company and government anyway, the government says jump and btss asks how high

theartbook35

Veteran
this thread became a Hope, JN and YG fanpage

to me JN has no talent whatsoever and Sugar JJ scandal was not an overrreaction, showed his true colors

People here think RM is so evil and Hope so innocent and talented
Hope compared himself to a god several times, nothing innocent or humble about that dude

but whatever....it doesnt matter how many pagees we write
its obvious some people here still love these guys.
Hi cadiz. You are free to like and dislike whoever you want in any capacity you want. So are the rest of us. This is a BT5 discussion thread. There's no set singular way in which we can discuss the band members.

I'm a YG solo stan. I like HS and Jin, and am indifferent to Tae and JK. I dislike JM and NJ. That's just where I stand. That's not ruining anything for you. You can very easily come in and say "I disagree Jin is talented for XYZ reasons". You really don't need to borderline demand we all feel the exact same way about all the BT5 members. No one in this world likes everyone they meet, or dislikes everyone they meet.

theartbook35

Veteran
yeah, i Just read the last 3 pages and I was jus confused.....on and on talking about how talented this dude is

you would think he has the rap skills of Tupac, or the singing skills of Whitney Houston lol, people here also forget he is really close friends with Supreme Boi (and even mentioned him in one of his songs).

but it seems RM is the only "bad guy, and dont get me wrong I dislike RM too
but there is a clear double standard here
I also mentioned rumors about JM being a bully... I actually have said a lot about JM over a long stretch of time on here...

cadiz

Star
Hi cadiz. You are free to like and dislike whoever you want in any capacity you want. So are the rest of us. This is a BT5 discussion thread. There's no set singular way in which we can discuss the band members.

I'm a YG solo stan. I like HS and Jin, and am indifferent to Tae and JK. I dislike JM and NJ. That's just where I stand. That's not ruining anything for you. You can very easily come in and say "I disagree Jin is talented for XYZ reasons". You really don't need to borderline demand we all feel the exact same way about all the BT5 members. No one in this world likes everyone they meet, or dislikes everyone they meet.
i know you are a Sugar stan, that was pretty obvious after reading your comment about the Jim Jones thing

and you are right, it's a BT5 discussion thread, but this is also a conspiracy forum
there are so many fangirling pages for bt5, i assumed the loving stans would feel more happy over there

but if it makes you happy to be here go ahead
we all can use the ignore option. and have a nice day

theartbook35

Veteran
With all due respect, what the actual f*^k are you on about??! Let's not try to rewrite history because a couple of years went by. This is not what happened during that jim jones scandal. This is what happened:
What I recall, is black armys being harassed, doxxed, and told to k!ll themselves because they rightfully had an issue with the sample. I was one of those fans. And honestly it shouldn't have been only black people that cared, when that piece of sh!t sampled a mass murderer that k!lled over 900 people 1/3rd of them being children. Who would want to listen to such filth?? And it's not like yn's song was about speaking out against this event but rather another bragging track. Like "hip hop" doesn't have enough of those. Nothing went over people's head hun. The lyrics are banal at best..
"[Chorus]

Number one on Billboard (Oh, no), what do you think? (Yeah, yeah)
Next a Grammy (Grammy), what do you think? (Yeah, yeah)

No matter what you think, I'm sorry, but shit, I have no fucking interest (Interest)

No matter what you think, I'm sorry, but shit, I have no fucking interest

[Verse 2]
The ten zeros in my bank account, that money is the collateral for my youth
I got a big house big car big ring, bring anything over, I'll give it to you, my black card"
You're obviously upset. I appreciate you sharing your perspective. I'm not denying how you feel. I don't feel the same as you.

I'm not trying to rewrite history. I was part of that twitter discussion too and I had conversations with people who were educated in hip hop and with other fans who were upset. It's entirely possible that you and I might have crossed paths on there during this incident.

What I'm on about is this: In hip hop, rappers will place a sample at the beginning of a song, most often a recording of a speech of some kind, or sometimes the recording of a different situation (like a demonstration, argument, murder, etc). The reason hip hop artists do this, is because everything that comes after that sample in the song is being compared to that sample. That YG is saying in WDYK, is that certain "artists" act like they are gods because they have these fancy things, and cult leaders behave the exact same way. What he's not outright saying but implying is that he also has these fancy things but he doesn't view himself as being just like them. I should also point out that putting the sample in the song doesn't mean the artist absolutely has to make the whole song a call-out toward that sample or be supportive of it.

JJ was a con artist who used what people wanted most to get them to follow him by showering them with false promises. A lot of rappers today do the exact same thing. Rappers also use people, primarily for financial gain. It's pretty gross behavior.

The ending line is YG being a bit of a brat, I guess is the right word? Like asking for input then saying he doesn't actually want it. From what he said in livestreams he was furious at the time he wrote the lyrics. He has very, VERY strong views about hip hop culture (as do most hip hop artists).

A significant portion of fans were present during YG's livestream a year prior to the mixtape's release, in which he played the entire mixtape for them and they all heard that sample. It was there at that time and no one bat an eyelash.

I'm sorry that people harassed you and doxxed you. I know what it's like to be on the receiving end of that. It's why I'm a solo stan and not an @rmy. I passionately hate their fanbase because of how vicious they are. It's why I come here because I don't expect to run into any fans here. You're allowed to feel how you feel about it, and to be upset over the sample. In 2020 I left the fandom because of being doxxed on twitter, over asking a question. BT5 fans are absolutely nuts and when the JJ incident occurred, that was what was so scary about it.

theartbook35

Veteran
there are so many fangirling pages for bt5, i assumed the loving stans would feel more happy over there

but if it makes you happy to be here go ahead
we all can use the ignore option. and have a nice day
Fangirling pages don't work for me because I like to talk sh!t, and BT5 fans don't fly with that.

Anyone wanna move into a discussion about YG and JM being alcoholics? Cause I have A LOT to contribute to why they are most likely alcoholics.

theartbook35

Veteran
He was lied to and thought btees was a rap group. The original members were rappers. Ir0n was almost in the group. Supr3me Boy too. Bang has a knack for finding trainees who aren't suited for the stage and turning them into good producers. There's also Adora, but she left last year.

The Jim Jon3s scandal is sensitive because a White man lured thousands of people, many of them Black, underage, women, and impoverished, into the jungle of Guyana. Where the story diverges is if you believe they committed suicide, including the ones found in the jungle with bullet holes, or if it was an alphabet agency's job.

The bodies were allowed to rot for days in the sun and a local coroner tried to autopsy the bodies, and was turned away. He was an expert in his field. Some of the remains were discovered in a funeral home a few years ago, and finally laid to rest. The effects of this were so big that federal laws were changed for public assistance and disability benefits. Jim Jones had connections to local politicians and was a celebrity before he went to Guyana.

Among the victims were children, some reported missing because a parent took them without the other parent's permission, elderly Black women, wayward youth sent to the colony for correction, and loyal Black followers from when he was a pastor. He preached racial equality and social justice. The majority of the dead were poor Blacks. The leadership was White and most survived. Some think he used body doubles and could have survived the massacre.

The residents didn't think he was serious because he regularly held meetings asking them to commit revolutionary suicide. They were sleep deprived, malnourished, worked like slaves and held against their will. Residents that left with an America politician were killed at the airport by assassins sent by Jim Jones. Some of the survivors from the massacre were killed at the hotel they found refuge in, and at their homes in America.

Sorry to write a book, but I'm passionate about it. The death tapes of mother's being asked to kill their children, and the anguished screams of babies and children as they died are passed around on the internet. Artists have sampled his sermons and it's not ok. He was a charismatic person and could convince someone to take their own life. That's not something we should glorify. I think Sg realizes Armys are a cult, but he could have used something different.
The massacre happened about a decade before I was born, so anything I know about it is from documentaries I've watched. It's not the same as for people older than me who were alive at the time and witnessed the news reports about the incident on national television. I'd say it's comparable to what it felt like when myself and my high school classmates were glued to the television during 9/11. Anyone who was born after 9/11, they will never know what that day felt like. I will never know what it felt like to be a relative or friend of the victims of the JJ massacre.

The sickest thing I remember was footage of a mother asking one of the leaders why her baby was crying, and the leader lying to her saying it was because the baby didn't like the taste. The baby was crying because their mother sacrificed them and they knew, in the way a baby can know, that they were dying.

The only reason why I don't think he survived the massacre is because someone like him was too hungry for power. He'd do it all over again in the blink of an eye.

I think it's really difficult in the world of art, to determine what is okay and what isn't. I am very anti-censorship, to the point where there are only a handful of things which I think cannot be used, ever, to make art. For me, the JJ sample wasn't the smartest choice, but I understood why it was used and the purpose behind it, which is why I wasn't upset. What I found interesting was how Hive stepped in an told YG to be quiet, removed the sample then said it wasn't about anything and threw his producer under the bus. It was a terrible way to handle the situation. Why not just come out and say "this is why this was used" and do that to help people understand? His producer chose the sample because it fit the song, he said so himself. When people were upset over NJ's misogynistic lyrics and him comparing a woman to an STD, Hive never censored him. That song is available to be heard today in the same way as when it was released.

I also have this (probably) wild theory that WDYT was a cry for help... like YG trying to say to fans that Hive is a cult (which is extremely obvious, we all know they're a cult), and the backlash wasn't what he had intended/hoped would happen and Hive caught on to him. Cause it was weird to me how that mixtape only had one music video when his first mixtape had two videos. Promotions of the mixtape suddenly stopped and YG disappeared from the public eye. I don't think he was told to lay low. I think he was aggressively punished and possibly afraid for his safety and the stability of his career.

Berrywon88

Star
You're obviously upset. I appreciate you sharing your perspective. I'm not denying how you feel. I don't feel the same as you.

I'm not trying to rewrite history. I was part of that twitter discussion too and I had conversations with people who were educated in hip hop and with other fans who were upset. It's entirely possible that you and I might have crossed paths on there during this incident.

What I'm on about is this: In hip hop, rappers will place a sample at the beginning of a song, most often a recording of a speech of some kind, or sometimes the recording of a different situation (like a demonstration, argument, murder, etc). The reason hip hop artists do this, is because everything that comes after that sample in the song is being compared to that sample. That YG is saying in WDYK, is that certain "artists" act like they are gods because they have these fancy things, and cult leaders behave the exact same way. What he's not outright saying but implying is that he also has these fancy things but he doesn't view himself as being just like them. I should also point out that putting the sample in the song doesn't mean the artist absolutely has to make the whole song a call-out toward that sample or be supportive of it.

JJ was a con artist who used what people wanted most to get them to follow him by showering them with false promises. A lot of rappers today do the exact same thing. Rappers also use people, primarily for financial gain. It's pretty gross behavior.

The ending line is YG being a bit of a brat, I guess is the right word? Like asking for input then saying he doesn't actually want it. From what he said in livestreams he was furious at the time he wrote the lyrics. He has very, VERY strong views about hip hop culture (as do most hip hop artists).

A significant portion of fans were present during YG's livestream a year prior to the mixtape's release, in which he played the entire mixtape for them and they all heard that sample. It was there at that time and no one bat an eyelash.

I'm sorry that people harassed you and doxxed you. I know what it's like to be on the receiving end of that. It's why I'm a solo stan and not an @rmy. I passionately hate their fanbase because of how vicious they are. It's why I come here because I don't expect to run into any fans here. You're allowed to feel how you feel about it, and to be upset over the sample. In 2020 I left the fandom because of being doxxed on twitter, over asking a question. BT5 fans are absolutely nuts and when the JJ incident occurred, that was what was so scary about it.
Your damn right I'm upset over it, I don't get how you couldn't be. It was in poor taste to use the sample period. It would be akin to someone sampling Ted bundy's last interview before getting the electric chair. It's disrespectful to the poor victims he brutally k!lled. Using a sample like the jim jones one just so you can diss other rappers having material possessions is horrible.

And speaking about hip hop, Yn is Korean and is profiting off of a genre of music created by black Americans. This made him using that sample even more disgusting since like I said before the majority of the victims from the Jonestown massacre were black female and children. Anyway, this is all I will say further on this subject. I hope you someday realize how disrespectful and downright evil the man you stan is. He is the rich rapper he speaks of that is leading his cult astray. He has blinded you all.
May God be with you.
ezgif.com-gif-maker-8.gif
main-qimg-3bdbf9acfb1625325b9e61bf23f90a5a-lq.jpeg.jpg
main-qimg-fb8a29bd4d3e1ae036253fa08ca70848-pjlq.jpeg.jpg

Last edited:

theartbook35

Veteran
And speaking about hip hop, Yn is Korean and is profiting off of a genre of music created by black Americans. This made him using that sample even more disgusting since like I said before the majority of the victims from the Jonestown massacre were black female and children.
Hip hop is for everyone. That's the foundation it was built on. Any real hip hop artist is not going to tell another real hip hop artist of a different ethnicity to not make hip hop music. That is not what hip hop in it's truest form stands for. YG and other Koreans are not white, by the way, they are Korean. By social standards they are seen as white but when it comes to DNA, they are not white. Not at all.

A huge portion of hip hop "artists" objectify women, have multiple children with multiple women and don't give a rat's behind about any of those women and children. Is this comparable to massacring women and children? No. But these black Americans are guilty of this objectification, and they are supported by their black American fans who blast their music in the streets and even behave like them in their every day lives. As a black woman I see this in my community all the time. In the black community, black lives don't matter. This is why it was so easy for JJ to sway blacks to him, because all a black community needs is someone who tells them what they want to hear and they all fall in line. YG's usage of that sample wasn't the smartest choice but it was a really good point considering what I just described.

The usage of that sample is very mean-spirited. He's comparing crappy rappers to a cultist who murdered people. It's not a fair comparison, in the slightest. We all say some pretty furious and unfair things when we're upset about something. Especially things we feel strongly about. YG went on the attack and unfortunately he attacked the wrong people. I haven't been very clear about the fact that I understand WHY the sample upsets people, which is also separate from why it doesn't upset me. A huge portion of people were sitting there wondering "why are you coming for us when we're the ones supporting you?". It's like he forgot who was listening to him.

It's again, the reason why I don't like that he's in BT5. If his audience was primarily people who regularly listen to his kind of music, there could be a better conversation about it and not harassment, doxxing, and other violent speech.

Last edited:

cadiz

Star
He is the rich rapper he speaks of that is leading his cult astray. He has blinded you all.
May God be with you.
View attachment 78924
View attachment 78922
View attachment 78923
Sugar is the guy who brags the most about how much money and awards he has
the fans even say "what Sugar wants , Sugar gets", and he always encouraged that cult behavior

the way he let the company take all the blame when the whole JJ thing happened.....:D
he is is a try hard and a coward, so him trying to come for other rappers is just funny

theartbook35

Veteran
Sugar is the guy who brags the most about how much money and awards he has
the fans even say "what Sugar wants , Sugar gets", and he always encouraged that cult behavior

the way he let the company take all the blame when the whole JJ thing happened.....:D
he is is a try hard and a coward, so him trying to come for other rappers is just funny
That's why I said in a previous post: "What he's not outright saying but implying is that he also has these fancy things but he doesn't view himself as being just like them." because like you say, he brags the most. He really doesn't realize how much he sounds like the people he's criticizing. Or maybe occasionally he does with certain songs of his, like this lyrics of Sh@dow and the music video for D@echwita, and it's something he doesn't like about himself but is terrible at correcting (that's an alcoholic mindset, btw, I truly want to read your thoughts on YG and JM being alcoholics if you are at all interested in that discussion). (We could say that in D@echwita, a bad version of YG murders a worse version of YG because the worse version got out of control. It's like the lesser of two evils).

He hard-on encourages the cult behavior, as does anyone when they are in a cult. Most people who are victims of cults don't even realize they are. They constantly find ways to justify it. BT5 are all guilty of that. YG pushes the OT7 agenda harder than any other member.

I don't agree about him letting the company take all the blame. I'd say most of the people upset with him, blame him, and not the label. People were weirded out by Hive's response. He might not have been allowed to say anything for legal reasons. Kpop contracts are crazy strict. Some don't allow clubbing or dating, some don't allow driving, some don't allow idols to talk about "scandals" publicly and/or can only discuss comebacks with the press but no other topics. I seriously think BT5 are contractually banned from discussing anything publicly that is political or not directly related to their work as BT5.

BT5 are clearly allowed to travel and date. Groups like Bl@ckpink are not. The restrictions BP are under are really frightening and disturbing. Not being allowed to drive means they have little to know control over how they travel. BP are too popular to go out in public so they have to rely on people they trust or the company to transport them. Talk about lack of freedom.

On a totally separate note, the Tae/J3nnie speculation cracks me up. Both labels saying nothing about it is hilarious. On top of that, BP not being allowed to date in previous contracts makes Taennie a huge legal issue if that contractual obligation is still in place. But after her thing with K@i, I doubt it is.

M3ttah

Established
Fangirling pages don't work for me because I like to talk sh!t, and BT5 fans don't fly with that.

Anyone wanna move into a discussion about YG and JM being alcoholics? Cause I have A LOT to contribute to why they are most likely alcoholics.
Agree. I think YG was actually in treatment when the “shoulder” stuff went down. I also think KJ is poly addicted.

theartbook35

Veteran
Agree. I think YG was actually in treatment when the “shoulder” stuff went down. I also think KJ is poly addicted.
Here's what always bugged me about the shoulder incident: In footage of YG discussing getting run over he motions to the wheel of the car going over his right shoulder, but the surgery was done on his left shoulder. Like, he either didn't get run over or he did but Hive wanted to make him fake the surgery and had him wear a sling on the wrong arm.

YG is VERY different in how he behaves after the "surgery". He seems physically healthier.

JK probably is addicted. They start that very early with trainees.