BTS discussion thread

Pepsi

Veteran
YG said that during a radio interview. I don't know off the top of my head which one. I'll have to do a deep search to find it.

My thoughts about YG and the JJ "scandal" are that it was blown wildly out of proportion. All he was doing was comparing certain kinds of rappers to cultists cause their behavior can be very similar. That went over people's heads because he's a hip hop artist, not a pop singer and many BTS fans aren't educated about hip hop. People didn't attempt to get educated either and instead tore into him and anyone who supported him. I remember one teen on Twitter getting mass reported because they explained what I'm talking about here.

I think YG is done being an idol. He never was one to begin with. It's not who he is as a person or as an artist. I feel bad for him that he's stuck in BT5.
Nah

Pepsi

Veteran
Also, the jhpe lovefest on here as of late is sickening. Man can't dance for sh!t:
View attachment 78908
Look at his stiff @** thinking he's doing something.
View attachment 78910
If You want to see real hip hop dancing look at artists like Mya here. Look how smooth her moves are. This is dancing!
Also, jhpe can't sing...
Idk man, this thread is a mess. It's like it will go 5 steps forward then 10,000 steps back. Last I checked this isn't a fansite!
Please do not. This is not a hate page either. This started out as a neutral page where people can speak their mind out about the group without armadillos harassing them. Let people speak out their opinions without shaming them and saying this page is a fansite lol

Kimiko2

Established
Sugar is the guy who brags the most about how much money and awards he has
the fans even say "what Sugar wants , Sugar gets", and he always encouraged that cult behavior

the way he let the company take all the blame when the whole JJ thing happened.....:D
he is is a try hard and a coward, so him trying to come for other rappers is just funny
Koreans can like hiphop- anyone can but a true hiphop artist is more than just someone who can flow- its someone who understands the culture from where hiphop came from and these kpop korean hiphop artists can't do that
They see hiphop as cool and love to cosplay black culture

Most kpop fans don't know shit about real hiphop I mean they think NJ came up with the phrase "haters gonna hate Players gonna play" when that has been a phrase in hiphop before NJ was even born

Berrywon88

Star
Please do not. This is not a hate page either. This started out as a neutral page where people can speak their mind out about the group without armadillos harassing them. Let people speak out their opinions without shaming them and saying this page is a fansite lol
Who's shaming who now? Calling people "armedillos" for speaking their opinions. Tsk tsk. I made a post directed at no one in particular calling it like I see it. This thread like I said has turned into a b*s lovefest. I mean condoning that Jim Jones scandal and saying fans overreacted, really? That's hitting an all time low on here.

And interesting how you and theeartbks came out of the woodwork, wiping the cobwebs off of your dusty accounts and logged in when jhpe released his sh!tty illuminati music. Oops did I go too far?? Was I not neutral enough? Well nevermind it doesn't matter. I'm out.
lebron-james-nba.gif

Last edited:

theartbook35

Veteran
Koreans can like hiphop- anyone can but a true hiphop artist is more than just someone who can flow- its someone who understands the culture from where hiphop came from and these kpop korean hiphop artists can't do that

Most kpop fans don't know shit about real hiphop I mean they think NJ came up with the phrase "haters gonna hate Players gonna play" when that has been a phrase in hiphop before NJ was even born
They can understand it IF they take the time to learn about it. Very few people actually take the time to learn. BT5 had to be forced to learn.

That show they did in the U.S. in 2014 was the best and the worst at the same time. On one hand it bridged a cultural barrier but it also had moments like Tae and NJ making fun of Coolio which was not cool or funny.

minnie82

Superstar
Who's shaming who now? Calling people "armedillos" for speaking their opinions. Tsk tsk. I made a post directed at no one in particular calling it like I see it. This thread like I said has turned into a b*s lovefest. I mean condoning that Jim Jones scandal and saying fans overreacted, really? That's hitting an all time low on here.

And interesting how you and theeartbks came out of the woodwork, wiping the cobwebs off of your dusty accounts and logged in when jhpe released his sh!tty illuminati music. Oops did I go too far?? Was I not neutral enough? Well nevermind it doesn't matter. I'm out.
View attachment 79061
stop arguing guys

Most kpop dancers can imitate the moves but they lack something. It's mechanical and stiff. Yes, they're talented but there's no soul or spirit behind it. On TikTok or Instagram, Black creators put their spirit into the choreography and that shows. Only when I saw Taemin perform did I see anything close to that. The rest don't have that something extra. He gets happy and is really connecting with the music. Companies take kids and train them to imitate black culture. Idols like Taemin, Gdragon, Sg, and Felix who actually enjoyed music or dance and were inspired to get into hip-hop or dance are rare. With a lot of rich kids joining companies, it's about clout chasing.

I might as well write this. last night I had a weird dream about jhope and newjeans:

I was with the newjeans members outside in some sort of grass field. I think we were like in some sort of camp. jhope was the trainer you could say. he had a reputation for being mean and strict. well that's what the others said. we had to run a couple miles on top of this tall narrow wall thing made of sharp rocks. if one of us messed up (as in falling, etc.) he would make us start all over again. one of the girls feet were all cut up and bleeding after. I think it was minji. he was relatively nice to danielle and hyein (I'm not really familiar with who's who so idk). he was okay with me, maybe cause I was new. a couple other things happened after this, but I don't remember.
afterwards we were sent into this cabin room that was on top of that wall. there we had this competition of who could make something the best. we had 15 minutes. whoever won got this "reward," and while idk what the reward was, it wasn't something good. from the window next to me I could see across the field another group around our same age doing the same thing we were. idk what it was we had to make, but it wasn't anything good. it was a piece of clothing, it kinda looked like something occultic. mine was green, someone else's was black. another one was blue. then we had to run on that wall again, but this time there were wooden planks with nails on top of it. we tried to run away. we made it to a forest but jhope found us and brought us all back to the room. I was really scared and someone was crying. we put the clothing we made in this machine. I started to scream in jhope's face and he apologized to me. he looked sincere so I stopped. but once the machine turned on our hands became really sore and everyone started to hyperventilate. he just smiled at me creepily and left. that's all I remember
Is anyone going to interpret this? This is a scary dream.

Pepsi

Veteran
View attachment 79061
Oh shut up lol. I've been here longer than you have, and unlike you, don't make this thread my life's work. I treat it like it is, a thread where people speculate and offer their opinions, unlike your boomer @ss. Get a life and please leave with your "non-neutral" mug. People like you are the reason I stay away from this thread.

Calling normal users the i££uminati with your whole saggy b00bed chest, give me a break lol. And leave, you'll do us a world of good. This thread is way past its bedtime anyway.

minnie82

Superstar
Oh shut up lol. I've been here longer than you have, and unlike you, don't make this thread my life's work. I treat it like it is, a thread where people speculate and offer their opinions, unlike your boomer @ss. Get a life and please leave with your "non-neutral" mug. People like you are the reason I stay away from this thread.

Calling normal users the i££uminati with your whole saggy b00bed chest, give me a break lol. And leave, you'll do us a world of good. This thread is way past its bedtime anyway.
in my country is not bedtime, it's dinner time almost eh eh

• Haha
Reactions: Nny

Berrywon88

Star
unlike your boomer @ss. Get a life and please leave with your "non-neutral" mug. People like you are the reason I stay away from this thread.

Calling normal users the i££uminati with your whole saggy b00bed chest, give me a break lol.
What a disrespectful nasty piece of sh!t you are! Why don't you direct this venom on those evil kpop boys? But you won't will you? Thought not!

And btw ageism ain't cute. Your a** will get old some day. You are not immune.

Pepsi

Veteran
What a disrespectful nasty piece of sh!t you are! Why don't you direct this venom on those evil kpop boys? But you won't will you? Thought not!

And btw ageism ain't cute. Your a** will get old some day. You are not immune.
I don't see them worthy of such a huge part of my energy, and feel the same about you. This thread is nothing but a means of entertainment to me and something to learn/talk about. Btw, you seem to overcompensate a lot with your "venom", are you sure you're not a closeted army? I don't see a difference. Stay cute. Lots of love.

cadiz

Star

yep, most kpop idols can not rap at all, and most kpop songs have rap parts that sounds completely out of place

and even BT5 when they debuted they tried to show they were really "hip hop lovers"

but when they went to America to learn about rap, they did the most cringe variety show Ive ever watched in my life
and it was obvious most of them have no idea what they were doing

cadiz

Star
Most kpop dancers can imitate the moves but they lack something. It's mechanical and stiff. Yes, they're talented but there's no soul or spirit behind it. On TikTok or Instagram, Black creators put their spirit into the choreography and that shows. Only when I saw Taemin perform did I see anything close to that. The rest don't have that something extra. He gets happy and is really connecting with the music. Companies take kids and train them to imitate black culture. Idols like Taemin, Gdragon, Sg, and Felix who actually enjoyed music or dance and were inspired to get into hip-hop or dance are rare. With a lot of rich kids joining companies, it's about clout chasing.
yes, this is the main problem with kpop
that is so robotic, and has no soul
the dancer and singers, they are too worried about looking goood and not about enjoying or feeling what they are doing

its rare to see a kpop idol singing the song and actually feeling the lyrics

the concepts are also too forced, you have girl groups singing "im a savage, bad ass" ...and then they do an interview and talk like 5 year olds. SNSD recently had a comeback, these women are already in their 30s.....and still acting like kids.....its pretty sad

Kimiko2

Established
I give credit where credit is due so I will say that only jm is a real dancer in btss
His moves are graceful and he ,unlike the others, aren't only dancing cuz it's in his contract as an idol but he actually is a dancer

However his singing is shit