BTS discussion thread

arhur12

Star
When did he sing about his ex? Nj was really going through the long night of the soul. I thought he was dating someone new. It was painful to watch his video with the lyrics on. We talk about other companies not caring about their artists, but BH treats their artists like disposable products.

Flower field, that’s where I’m at
Open land, that’s where I’m at
No name, that’s what I have
No shame, I’m on my grave
When your feet don’t touch the ground
When your own heart underestimates you
When your dreams devour you
When you feel you’re not yourself
All those times

I yearned for the flames
I yearned for a beautiful fall
Even before the start, I imagined
An end where I could applaud and smile
That’s what I wishеd for
When everything I bеlieved in grew distant
When all this fame turned into shackles
Please take my desire away from me
No matter what it takes
Oh, let me be myself
Oh, every day and every night
Persistin’ pain and the criminal mind
Nights the beating of my heart kept me up
The mournful crescent moon hung beyond the window
I do wish me a lovely night
Over my status is an oversized life
Desperately holding onto a balloon drifting by
I ask where you could be right now
Where you go, where’s your soul
Yo, where’s your dream?

Gonna scatter across that sky
Light a flower, flowerwork
Flower flowerwork
Gonna shine across that sky
Flower flowerwork

Where’s my end finally gonna be
Everything’s so exhausting, from a to z
When’s this wretched mask finally gonna come off
Yeah, me no hero, me no villain
I’m barely anything
Idling repeats, memories turning vicious
Lying in a field, I set my sights on the skies
Now I can’t remember what I wanted so badly
I trusted I was happy, now a mere memory
Yeah, I been goin’, no matter what’s in front
No matter what it may be
Memories of holding onto dawn’s edge and spitting things out
Society’s all for the loudest voice
And here I am, still speaking silence
It’s an aside, a boat in full bloom
To face all the prejudice and misunderstandings
I don’t care much for being tossed into the air
Grounded on my own two feet
Amongst the flowers without names
I can’t go to the stars again, I can’t
Underfoot, I just go
To a destination without a purpose
Not even knowing my own sadness
Even making friends with the shadows
I be gone

Flower flowerwork
Flower flowerwork

Paused and turned out to be gloriously barefooted
Nothing was ever meant to be mine
And don’t tell me like you gotta be someone
Because I’ll never be like them (light a flower)
Yeah, my start was poetry
My one and only strength and dream that protected me so far (light a flower)
Burning fireworks to flowerworks
Boyhood to eternity
I’ll stay in this barren field
Ah, I’ll return someday

Flower flowerwork
Flower flowerwork

Flower field, that’s where I’m at
Open land, that’s where I’m at
No name, that’s what I have
No shame, I’m on my grave
When your feet don’t touch the ground
When your own heart underestimates you
When your dreams devour you
When you feel you’re not yourself
All those times
In my opinion flower firework is a metaphor for his death, like the tradition to put flowers on someone's grave. The flower field is a metaphor for his grave which will inevitably be decorated with countless bouquets of flowers left by his fans and admirers in the industry becoming like a field of flowers. This is explained in the chorus with the lines " No, Shame, I'm on my grave". Fireworks are a symbol representing life. Just like the life of idols (and Most people to be honest) fireworks are ephemeral being so bright and beautiful but lasting for only a few seconds. Most idols have careers that last only for a few years. They reach the sky, shine bright like a firework for a few moments and then after they grow old the shine fades away as they are replaced by another idol.

This is a beautiful song where he is contemplating on his life as a celebrity also being colored by his depression the lyrics are giving off some vibes of hopelessness and despair. He feels after reaching the top, getting all the fame and glory he realized that all of it was for nothing because at the end of the day he is a mortal human who will eventually die one day. He is also expressing his desire to break the false mask and let people see his true self but he can't because he is not allowed to have this much freedom.

This is my interpretation of the song. I know I could be wrong but this is the message he wanted to convey through the song. His album is actually good, not pretentious like JH's album. I think one of the reasons they decided to enlist was because the rapline, RM and Sug@ in particular felt tired of releasing kiddy bops that were destroying any legitimacy they had as artists.

Last edited:
the video of his new song also have less symbolysms or is it me :

it has lots of symbolism actually and repeated patterns. i spoken about this on twt. the music video is signaling the plasma apocalypse.. a pole shift. the coming storm. the vortex in the sky the chaos everywhere… the fireworks in the beginning symbolic to plasma discharge the upside down repeatedly shown = pole shift
the darkness all around him. oh this is deep and nothing new. beyond the window(portal) = beyond the glass firmament as you can see they are focusing on the sky here. same goes to le sserafims mv blue flame (blue again the blue ppl like in avatar) for their webtoon they sing "unknown far beyond bounds" and the mv starts with one of the girls looking at the electromagnetic field surrounding the city(earth). symbolic to the coming of the fallen from the other realms/dimensions where they have been locked for a long time. mournful crescent moon = growing times of sorrow. crescent moon us the same meaning as the smile of cheshire cat (that's from itzys new song)
1670180452183.png1670181594263.jpeg
1670181695757.png
then a day or two after this music video was released txt the name concept trailer was released showing MANY OF THE SAME EXACT PATTERNS AS THE WILD FLOWER MV. window in the sky. the smile= cheshire cat= crescent. two different eyes = sun and moon horus who rules with two eyes. the vortex is also shown. the smiley thing =death. also trickster because remember the cat thing going on in txt bts concepts? cat = fox = trickster spirits. cat is also symbolic to the devil.

1670180652168.png

there is more I have noticed the repeated lyrics
rm - wild flower
rv - birthday(rebirth)
twice - talk that talk
1670181017111.png1670181050777.png
1670181212339.png

minnie82

Superstar
it has lots of symbolism actually and repeated patterns. i spoken about this on twt. the music video is signaling the plasma apocalypse.. a pole shift. the coming storm. the vortex in the sky the chaos everywhere… the fireworks in the beginning symbolic to plasma discharge the upside down repeatedly shown = pole shift
the darkness all around him. oh this is deep and nothing new. beyond the window(portal) = beyond the glass firmament as you can see they are focusing on the sky here. same goes to le sserafims mv blue flame (blue again the blue ppl like in avatar) for their webtoon they sing "unknown far beyond bounds" and the mv starts with one of the girls looking at the electromagnetic field surrounding the city(earth). symbolic to the coming of the fallen from the other realms/dimensions where they have been locked for a long time. mournful crescent moon = growing times of sorrow. crescent moon us the same meaning as the smile of cheshire cat (that's from itzys new song)
View attachment 82975View attachment 82981
View attachment 82982
then a day or two after this music video was released txt the name concept trailer was released showing MANY OF THE SAME EXACT PATTERNS AS THE WILD FLOWER MV. window in the sky. the smile= cheshire cat= crescent. two different eyes = sun and moon horus who rules with two eyes. the vortex is also shown. the smiley thing =death. also trickster because remember the cat thing going on in txt bts concepts? cat = fox = trickster spirits. cat is also symbolic to the devil.

View attachment 82976

there is more I have noticed the repeated lyrics
rm - wild flower
rv - birthday(rebirth)
twice - talk that talk
View attachment 82977View attachment 82978
View attachment 82979
ok thanks a lot for the explanation

This my opinion, he going through something. I think he reached a point where he realised that fame was nothing. Like he is asking please take my desire away. His desire was to become star now he wants to throw that desire. I understood that. But the confusing lyric is no shame I'm on my grave. That's means he is not ashamed of what he is doing till now. But we really don't know who wrote song. But one thing is sure he is in depression or going through something. Idk this mv or someother exols are comparing it with one of d.o song and accusing him of coping.
They look somewhat same.
He's talking about the hiatus too. Before they got famous or even debuted, he imagined the end of his career being more satisfying and fulfilling than it is.

I yearned for a beautiful fall
Even before the start, I imagined
An end where I could applaud and smile
That’s what I wishеd for
When everything I bеlieved in grew distant
When all this fame turned into shackles
Please take my desire away from me

In my opinion flower firework is a metaphor for his death, like the tradition to put flowers on someone's grave. The flower field is a metaphor for his grave which will inevitably be decorated with countless bouquets of flowers left by his fans and admirers in the industry becoming like a field of flowers. This is explained in the chorus with the lines " No, Shame, I'm on my grave". Fireworks are a symbol representing life. Just like the life of idols (and Most people to be honest) fireworks are ephemeral being so bright and beautiful but lasting for only a few seconds. Most idols have careers that last only for a few years. They reach the sky, shine bright like a firework for a few moments and then after they grow old the shine fades away as they are replaced by another idol.

This is a beautiful song where he is contemplating on his life as a celebrity also being colored by his depression the lyrics are giving off some vibes of hopelessness and despair. He feels after reaching the top, getting all the fame and glory he realized that all of it was for nothing because at the end of the day he is a mortal human who will eventually die one day. He is also expressing his desire to break the false mask and let people see his true self but he can't because he is not allowed to have this much freedom.

This is my interpretation of the song. I know I could be wrong but this is the message he wanted to convey through the song. His album is actually good, not pretentious like JH's album. I think one of the reasons they decided to enlist was because the rapline, RM and Sug@ in particular felt tired of releasing kiddy bops that were destroying any legitimacy they had as artists.
The kiddybops were destroying their legacy. Before dynamite, they were legends. Some love that song, others hate it, but it didn't destroy them like butter and ptd. It probably hurt him to sing that song over and over. Thank you for this wonderful analysis. I got the same feelings.

The group was tired of those awful songs, and used the one power they had. Enlist. The elites went wild, so I think they were surprised. Armys don't love btees members for themselves. Fans love a fantasy they can move around like puppets. The moment the mask drops, they won't be fans.

Riko

Veteran
I think Namjoon is clearly completely done with idol life. I don't see him coming back into it after the military. I think he will try and just fade away and focus on his art curating and drop music every now and then. He's been chewed up and spit out by the machine and you get a sense of real finality from his album, like he's saying a long goodbye and is ready to close that chapter of his life.

minnie82

Superstar
I think Namjoon is clearly completely done with idol life. I don't see him coming back into it after the military. I think he will try and just fade away and focus on his art curating and drop music every now and then. He's been chewed up and spit out by the machine and you get a sense of real finality from his album, like he's saying a long goodbye and is ready to close that chapter of his life.
Yes that could be true..because he looks so done recently, maybe he would work behind the scene as a producer or song writer for other artists

Last edited:

Berrywon88

Star
Before dynamite, they were legends.
7396n0.jpg
Sorry, but hell nah. I'm going to have to strongly disagree with that statement. Maybe in that tiny country of theirs they will be, but the biggest music markets U.S., Japan, and U.K. no. I notice people aren't checking for SK and Kpop like they used to. Too many horror stories about that country and their Kpop industry coming to light perhaps, plus every idea of theirs is stolen from the west or Japan. Sh!t gets old fast. Whole interest in SK is just a fad anyway.
I think he will try and just fade away
Good!

minnie82

Superstar
View attachment 82996
Sorry, but hell nah. I'm going to have to strongly disagree with that statement. Maybe in that tiny country of theirs they will be, but the biggest music markets U.S., Japan, and U.K. no. I notice people aren't checking for SK and Kpop like they used to. Too many horror stories about that country and their Kpop industry coming to light perhaps, plus every idea of theirs is stolen from the west or Japan. Sh!t gets old fast. Whole interest in SK is just a fad anyway.

Good!
music legends are others not Bts

Laura755y

Star
View attachment 82996

Good!
I will strongly agree with you on this, i never saw them as legends, it's nothing but media play, like many other celebrities, and plz they're not even that talented, average at best, yes they had some good songs, but no creativity, and man their concepts is just a twisted version of westerns and japan like u said.

About turtle, i still thinks he's in the same circle, but laying down, even the elite and their master's help he couldnt get that far, i dont really see any of them as a soloiste not even Jeon, cuz man has no stage presence.

View attachment 82996

Good!
They burnt South Korea, Japan, and the West out with all these groups. There's more than the market can take. Btees had some bops, but started catering to English audiences, chasing a Grammy. I loved their older music before 2019. I became an armyyy in 2020 but the older music was interesting. Imagine my shock and disgust when I found out they made dynamite.

Jpop and American pop is the next trend. That's why hive released a new Japanese group, and trainee was going to be marketed to Americans. Kpop won't fade immediately, but it's peaked and in decline. A local artist in South Korea beat btees on the charts. The industry will adjust and cater to new trends.

Berrywon88

Star
it's nothing but media play, like many other celebrities
This! They are like Billie Eilish (I probably butchered her name with my spelling lol), Doja cat etc. Industry plants that are here today and gone tomorrow. Music industry picks and chooses who will be the next big thing and gives them a lot of promotion, media play, and if they sell their soul, awards and contract deals with top companies. B*s are no different. They exploded on the global scene only after they won billboard back in 2017. Not a coincidence that they won. They were then heavily promoted on the biggest platforms like ytube etc. It's how I found out about them. They were promoting blood sweat & tears mv on youtbe's home page.
About turtle, i still thinks he's in the same circle, but laying down, even the elite and their master's help he couldnt get that far, i dont really see any of them as a soloiste not even Jeon, cuz man has no stage presence.
Yup, Rm's ugly mug is everywhere at the moment. I saw his tiny desk concert on youtbe. I didn't click it because I refuse to give him views haha. As for JK, I was pretty shocked how crappy his stage presence was as a solo. He really needs the bells and whistles and a group backing him up to feel confident and own the stage. He seems like he might be the wrong personality to be a star. I feel that way about a lot of idols. The kpop industry puts looks first and picks literal children and try to mold them into stars when not everyone is the same. Some are introverted, camera shy, and or just not charismatic enough.

Last edited:

minnie82

Superstar
This! They are like Billie Eilish (I probably butchered her name with my spelling lol), Doja cat etc. Industry plants that are here today and gone tomorrow. Music industry picks and chooses who will be the next big thing and gives them a lot of promotion, media play, and if they sell their soul, awards and contract deals with top companies. B*s are no different. They exploded on the global scene only after they won billboard back in 2017. Not a coincidence that they won. They were then heavily promoted on the biggest platforms like ytube etc. It's how I found out about them. They were promoting blood sweat & tears mv on youtbe's home page.

Yup, Rm's ugly mug is everywhere at the moment. I saw his tiny desk concert on youtbe. I didn't click it because I refuse to give him views haha. As for JK, I was pretty shocked how crappy his stage presence was as a solo. He really needs the bells and whistles and a group backing him up to feel confident and own the stage. He seems like he might be the wrong personality to be a star. I feel that way about a lot of idols. The kpop industry puts looks first and picks literal children and try to mold them into stars when not everyone is the same. Some are introverted, camera shy, and or just not charismatic enough.
Right he's socially awkward,he look more comfortable on stage with the other guys than alone

Laura755y

Star

Facts! The industry gives a flying fuck bout them celebrities, the more addicted, and empty headed the idol is, the more its easier to doll them up and conteol them.