Can God push us too far.

I wanted to bring something up and that is the very nature of suffering in life and how I am really struggling with the idea of a good God. Now I have always heard this argument but it's clear I have never really suffered enough.

As much as I understand the concepts. For instance the paradox of. Live a good life, but do not value ur life here on earth. Look to the next life. But in the same breath is this life is bad. Do not moan or groan. Personally I have become confused on what or who God is.

I don't know if I'm being punished or being saved. I'm supposed to feel grateful for tragedy in life or at least resigned which is counterintuitive. I struggle to find a meaning in life when God makes himself almost impossible to detect in the journey of my life in a sense of the roadmap Is not your typical get saved and become okay.

I'm reminded of the man who wrote it is well with my soul - Horatio, but you know as much as I want it to be well with my soul that sentiment just doesn't cut it.

Then I look at some of the fates that have befallen people particularly rare diseases such as fatal familial insomnia, crutzefeld Jakob disease. And see immense suffering inflicted upon someone to the degree that I do not see a reason.

A big side of me just doesnt get it.

The wrath of God poured out on the cross, I just don't get it. Why do we need to be tortured in an eternity to satisfy Gods wrath on our sin. Why not obliterate it ?

I have accepted some of these things on faith without fully agreeing or understanding at times. Particularly when I am faced with my own suffering and my own circumstances and how unfailingly ironic the affliction has been. To the point that I'm surprised I do not go around living life in reverse in hopes of the opposite happening.

If God doesn't move in ur life and grant u peace or if he doesn't resolve whatever u have going In and instead wether it's ur fault or not further complexes issues u came to him to resolve for.

Could one be pushed too far to the point where belief in God has been made almost impossible. Can God push us too far and if so why?

Alot of the issues I feel Christians find hard to rectify are much easier to muse on and assert from a Christian view aslong as they are not actually happening.

I post this thread out of angst and frustration. And on a bit of a merry go round with faith. I don't see the plan, I mean I don't see the good, I don't see how the being allowing this CAN be good. And when I look at others suffering in this life either it means something or it doesnt this life and I just can't fully reconcile it right now and that's not to say I won't someday because without God my life feels even emptier but there's a certain satisfaction In the rebellion given that it intuitively what is happening and why just doesn't feel right.

TokiEl

Superstar
One of the world's most righteous man Job... one day God accepted the devil's challenge and said: Do to him what you will except kill him.

The beautiful soul who was Job... crushed just like that.

God accepting a challenge. L0L

Happy ending.

But If it backfires then no refining takes place if the man is pushed too far what if job had turned from God he had every right to really. If we believe we don't have rights with God then why should we honour rights with humans.

Alanantic

Star
One of the world's most righteous man Job... one day God accepted the devil's challenge and said: Do to him what you will except kill him.

The beautiful soul who was Job... crushed just like that.

God accepting a challenge. L0L

Happy ending.
What an asshole God. That's one of the sickest moments in Bronze Age history. But, I'm sure it was just a story the priests told to control the minions. A civilized society would have no part in it.

TokiEl

Superstar
What an asshole God. That's one of the sickest moments in Bronze Age history. But, I'm sure it was just a story the priests told to control the minions. A civilized society would have no part in it.
L0L

God owns your life.

You can call your Maker whatever name you want... you just be good or God is gonna push you too far,

TokiEl

Superstar
Luke 22 31Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift each of you like wheat. 32But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith will not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers.”

Alanantic

Star
I'm not sure there is a "personal" God.

"The Tao(God/Nature/The Way) is not humane, it treats the 10,000 creatures (of which we are merely one) as straw dogs" (ie. expendable units). -- Lao Tzu

“Either God can do nothing to stop catastrophes like this, or he doesn't care to, or he doesn't exist. God is either impotent, evil, or imaginary." -- Sam Harris.

"Atheism is all about denying a super human intervention in human life, and this is exactly what the Vedas say when they describe God as opinionless and attributeles." -- Gurudev

“The Sage regards all men as straw-dogs.” This means that the Sage does not care about our petty attachment to who we are, or from whence we come; he is interested only in what is great and good. -- Carol K. Anthony, A Guide to the I Ching

“It doesn’t seem like the universe cares so much about fairness as it does care that all things that can happen — do.” -- Jason Padgett, co-author Struck by Genius

"...a universe in which the 'boundless fecundity of the world will, builds up and tears down lifeforms, worlds, and galaxies in an innocence and agony that conveys the idea that pain and suffering are part of the primordial essence of things." -- Nietzsche

Lyfe

Star
I dont know if there is really an answer that will be able to satisfy your questions in the way you want them satisfied. I feel that is especislly so when someone is unable to see past their own despair and discontent in life. There is a Biblical answer and an ocean of sermons out there addressing this, but allot of the time it wont go past our heads and into our soul. It just remains head knowledge or falls upon deaf ears. I think the hardest part is just accepting that we are man and God is God. We wont be able to ever truly see the purpose of it all until we can see the grand design from his vantage point. Its hard to remember but the age of fallenness and suffering is a dot when forever represents a never-ending line in contrast. As a Christian you have millions and millions of years to be happy and rejoice in heaven. There is much to learn and experiance before that and for some people its just not so pleasant.

I think all you can really do in the meantime is pray for wholeness and that God would keep you together.

Alanantic

Star
L0L

God owns your life.

You can call your Maker whatever name you want... you just be good or God is gonna push you too far,
Such is the life of a wireless puppet. Too bad the puppeteer is a moron. No point in blaming myself...

TokiEl

Superstar
I'm not sure there is a "personal" God.
Then you're neither sure there is an "impersonal" God.

I am sure there is a "personal" God. And i am sure Jesus Christ is an essential part of that "personal" God.

Alanantic

Star
Luke 22 31Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift each of you like wheat. 32But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith will not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers.”
Seems like there's always a "sifter" out there. Comes with the grim reaper, I guess.

Alanantic

Star
Then you're neither sure there is an "impersonal" God.

I am sure there is a "personal" God. And i am sure Jesus Christ is an essential part of that "personal" God.
Yeah, but Buddha was the smart one, and Krishna, dancing with all the girls at once, just enjoyed life. Did Jesus think being a martyr was a better idea?

TokiEl

Superstar
Such is the life of a wireless puppet. Too bad the puppeteer is a moron. No point in blaming myself...
No it's natural law and logic.

In time entropy will exhaust usable energy in the universe.

That means this is a creation... which means there is a Creator or God.

Naturally this Creator or God is your Maker and so owns your life.

Alanantic

Star
No it's natural law and logic.

In time entropy will exhaust usable energy in the universe.

That means this is a creation... which means there is a Creator or God.

Naturally this Creator or God is your Maker and so owns your life.
You, too. What's your point?