Can God push us too far.

Alanantic

Star
Is that guy in your picture yours? He sure has the appearance of wealth & stature, probably mimicked by many, rather stern but powerful. You can tell by my picture I'm nobody and got nuttin'! Goin' out the way I came in, I guess... Years from now when they dig our pictures up, who do you think they'll say had more fun?

Nikōn

Veteran
Behind the pseudo-intellectual facade and verbosity Nikon is just a scared child, which is why he submits himself in slavery to Allah.
I really hit a nerve to your omnibenevolent alien techno-utopia fantasies didn't I? :D

Nikōn

Veteran
Nah you’re just funny because you vastly overrate your own intelligence and competence .

You mad with life because Allah didn’t give you a child bride, because “biologically speaking” girls as young as 11/12 can reproduce? Don’t think I forgot your vile defense of child marriage. I mean it’s what your prophet did so it’s really just on him.
Whatever you say Seekinheart's sockpuppet.

Alanantic

Star
Oh, let's quit gangin' up on Nikon. He's sincere in his beliefs and can easily defend them. He's brave to do so. For now, all our paths run parallel on this site. Appreciate the company.

Lyfe

Star
STRUGGLE WITH SIN – A HEALTHY SIGN

"He who is really honest with himself and has had his eyes opened in some degree to see the awful sinfulness of self, and who is becoming more and more acquainted with that sink of iniquity, that mass of corruption which still indwells him, often feels that sin more completely rules him now than ever it did before. When he longs to trust God with all his heart, unbelief seems to paralyze him. When he wishes to be completely surrendered to God’s blessed will, murmurings and rebellion surge within him.

When he would spend an hour in meditating on the things of God, evil imaginations harass him. When he desires to be more humble, pride seeks to fill him. When he would pray, his mind wanders. The more he fights against these sins, the further off victory seems to be. To him it appears that sin is very much the master of him, and Satan tells him that his profession is vain. What shall we say to such a dear soul who is deeply exercised over this problem?

The very fact that you are conscious of these sins and are so much concerned over your failure to overcome them, is a HEALTHY SIGN. It is the blind who cannot see; it is the dead who feel not – true alike naturally and spiritually. Only they who have been quickened into newness of life are capable OF REAL SORROW FOR SIN. Moreover, such experiences as we have mentioned above evidence a spiritual growth: a growth in the knowledge of self. As the wise man tells us, ‘he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow’ (Eccl. 1:18). In God’s light we see light (Ps. 36:9). The more the Holy Spirit reveals to me the high claims of God’s holiness, the more I discover how far short I come of meeting them.

Let the midday sun shine into a darkened room, and dust and dirt which before were invisible are now plainly seen. So with the Christian: the more the light of God enters his heart, the more he discovers the spiritual filth which dwells there. Beloved brother, or sister, it is not that you are becoming more sinful, but that GOD IS NOW GIVING YOU A CLEARER AND FULLER SIGHT OF YOUR SINFULNESS. Praise Him for it, for the eyes of the vast majority of your fellows (religionists included) are blind, and cannot see what so distresses YOU!"

~ Arthur Pink, "Studies on Saving Faith"

Alanantic

Star
STRUGGLE WITH SIN – A HEALTHY SIGN

"He who is really honest with himself and has had his eyes opened in some degree to see the awful sinfulness of self, and who is becoming more and more acquainted with that sink of iniquity, that mass of corruption which still indwells him, often feels that sin more completely rules him now than ever it did before. When he longs to trust God with all his heart, unbelief seems to paralyze him. When he wishes to be completely surrendered to God’s blessed will, murmurings and rebellion surge within him.

When he would spend an hour in meditating on the things of God, evil imaginations harass him. When he desires to be more humble, pride seeks to fill him. When he would pray, his mind wanders. The more he fights against these sins, the further off victory seems to be. To him it appears that sin is very much the master of him, and Satan tells him that his profession is vain. What shall we say to such a dear soul who is deeply exercised over this problem?

The very fact that you are conscious of these sins and are so much concerned over your failure to overcome them, is a HEALTHY SIGN. It is the blind who cannot see; it is the dead who feel not – true alike naturally and spiritually. Only they who have been quickened into newness of life are capable OF REAL SORROW FOR SIN. Moreover, such experiences as we have mentioned above evidence a spiritual growth: a growth in the knowledge of self. As the wise man tells us, ‘he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow’ (Eccl. 1:18). In God’s light we see light (Ps. 36:9). The more the Holy Spirit reveals to me the high claims of God’s holiness, the more I discover how far short I come of meeting them.

Let the midday sun shine into a darkened room, and dust and dirt which before were invisible are now plainly seen. So with the Christian: the more the light of God enters his heart, the more he discovers the spiritual filth which dwells there. Beloved brother, or sister, it is not that you are becoming more sinful, but that GOD IS NOW GIVING YOU A CLEARER AND FULLER SIGHT OF YOUR SINFULNESS. Praise Him for it, for the eyes of the vast majority of your fellows (religionists included) are blind, and cannot see what so distresses YOU!"

~ Arthur Pink, "Studies on Saving Faith"
I don't sin. I make mistakes like everybody else. Life makes you pay for them. God has nothing to do with it.

elsbet

Superstar
It’s a sick belief that has poisoned this world for 2k years.
It's been much longer than that.
And to boot, the opposition (for lack of a better term, atm) has had thousands of years to perfect their spin. I don't know that the church, as an institution, is prepared for the fake alien-psuedo-christ invasion-- but a lot of people are fully expecting it.
-
Sure all that’s good and well but it’s not like he is the only person through-out history to teach so.

He was also an end-times apocalyptic preacher and much of the religion called Christianity is based not of his teachings but Paul, late period Roman Emperors and Popes, and Middle Ages theologians.
No one has "taught" what He did, to date.

Lyfe

Star
I don't sin. I make mistakes like everybody else. Life makes you pay for them. God has nothing to do with it.
Shouldnt a benevolent being be sensitive to actions that hurt not only himself, but others? If one was truly good then bad things should cut them to the heart. You wouldn't refer to them as mere mistskes. How good can someone be who is indifferent to things that harm himself and creation?