Can God push us too far.

Lyfe

Star
True, I'm still struggling with the same sin I struggled with before I was baptized. Not only that but paired up with heneous words cursing God, I can't differentiate if it's me or not anymore. It's hard to stay clean which is what made me angry and leave God.

And as crazy as it sounds I used to envy poor people since they hadn't been placed in an education system which taught them there was no God. Poor people seemingly believed in God without a doubt nor reasoning. Poverty has its advantages likewise wealth.
God delivers some immediately while others progressively. The timing is always unique to the individual. There are certain sins that can become strongholds. Sins that travel down the family line. It may be an issue of needing deliverance and renouncing things of the past. It may also be a matter of surrender. When we are fully surrendered to God is when the holy spirit is at his strongest. I have never really been able to overcome certain sins apart from surrendering everything else. I dont know what your situation is, but I know if you inquire the lord about it he will speak to you. If not right away then soon.

Lyfe

Star
I have listened to this from time to time believing God will deliever me.

I used to be of the belief that one can only be delivered in person, but I have heard radio shows and podcasts of ministers performing deliverance on air. Some youtube videos are even made for the purpose of prayer and deliverance to the listeners. Distance doesnt really hinder the work of the holy spirit as God is everywhere. If you remember in the gospels the centurion told Jesus to just say the word and his servant would be healed from miles away and he was healed. It was done so according to his faith. Maybe that video I posted can benefit from you. You can definetly tell some people are being delivered. If you listen to it you will see what i mean.

Also dont forget fasting as a means God gave us to get delivered.

Last edited:

swayy000

Star
I think God allowing suffering in our lives is a beautiful thing, because it lets us imitate Christ, His Son, in his suffering for our sins. Im still trying to work on it, but we can unite whatever suffering we have or are dealing with to Christ's and He will help us. To get to heaven is not easy, you have to "walk through the narrow gate", so there will be suffering and hardships in this life, but it's all worth it in the end, and God blesses us greatly if we persevere with Him. I remember reading a story about one saint who suffered greatly in their lives for Christ but said that if they were to die and God gave them the chance to come back to life they would relive all the sufferings they gone through again because they loved Christ that much :)

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Imo, God gives us the resources to avoid having too much placed on us, but that also means sharing our resources and struggle with each other. However, people have become very lost and far from that ideal...

A lot of the time when we hear statements such as "God never places more on a soul than they can bear" and "God tests those he loves" its excuses for them to ignore the suffering of others and to miserly horde their resources. Do they think the lie will fly on the mighty day of judgement? Do they think they can take that which they have hoarded into the grave with them?

Well love in the world going cold is an end times prophecy I've certainly felt fulfilled in my life lately. And in general people's attitude towards sinners, homeless, addicts and the underclasses of society because it's their fault right.

"Your humanist "good without God" ideas have deceived you into thinking people are something they are not. We are sinners with a sin code that only the holy spirit can change. Sin and the death code are in your very DNA. "

You poor sick bastard. Who, in their right mind, would ever WANT to believe that???
Imagine referring to someone as a sick bastard, because they hold a different view to yours.

By the way, do you realise that your ‘do what thou wilt and be the whole of the law’ attitude, is satanism, by default?

Alanantic

Star
Imagine referring to someone as a sick bastard, because they hold a different view to yours.

By the way, do you realise that your ‘do what thou wilt and be the whole of the law’ attitude, is satanism, by default?
Satanism is just a rebellion against western religious institutions; silly as it is. The actual phrase is below and I have no problem with it.

"That it harm none, do as thou wilt" -- The Wiccan Rede

Satanism is just a rebellion against western religious institutions; silly as it is. The actual phrase is below and I have no problem with it.

"That it harm none, do as thou wilt" -- The Wiccan Rede
Whatever way you choose to label it as, it (default satanism) is the easy way out. Life was never meant to be easy, which is the point of life. It’s supposed to be a psychological struggle.

Alanantic

Star
Whatever way you choose to label it as, it (default satanism) is the easy way out. Life was never meant to be easy, which is the point of life. It’s supposed to be a psychological struggle.
The Wiccan Rede is just another expression of the Golden Rule. To make it into something abhorrent and evil is your own choice, I guess.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
The Wiccan Rede is just another expression of the Golden Rule. To make it into something abhorrent and evil is your own choice, I guess.
Matthew 22:37-40 ~ King James Version
37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.​
38 This is the first and great commandment.​
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.​
40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.​

What is interesting about the Wiccan Rede is not what it says, but what it doesn’t. Sin can be sideways, vertical or both. Mankind in rebellion against God wishes to dispense with the first and greatest commandment and live as if there were no God.

Defining rebellion, a person may choose to act as though a given authority, be it the police, parents, government or employer didn’t exist. Rebellion acted out is living without any reference to the standards these authorities ask of us. That’s why the sins of rebellion and witchcraft are so closely related…

1 Samuel 15:22b -23a ~ King James Version
Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.​
23 For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry.​

Last edited:

Alanantic

Star
37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.​

What is interesting about the Wiccan Rede is not what it says, but what it doesn’t. Sin can be sideways, vertical or both. Mankind in rebellion against God wishes to dispense with the first and greatest commandment and live as if there were no God.

Defining rebellion, a person may choose to act as though a given authority, be it the police, parents, government or employer didn’t exist. Rebellion acted out is living without any reference to the standards these authorities ask of us. That’s why the sins of rebellion and witchcraft are so closely related…

23 For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry.​
Please do not parrot scripture. You give away your own self to a book.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Please do not parrot scripture. You give away your own self to a book.
I was simply referencing. To parrot is to echo without understanding. I think both you and I understand what I said.

[edit] - I just watched this and it seemed to me a good summary of the kind of conversation I have had from time to time…

Last edited:

Nikōn

Veteran

I can't help but feel suspicious that he referenced the Wiccan Rede when I called a Wiccan Lesbian Feminist (with strong Misandrist views) on this site out over that just a few days ago:

Nikōn

Veteran
The true Utilitarian answer to the Problem Of Evil is as followed:

Subjects are born and raised by robots on little isolated huts scattered throughout the ocean (or in pods in space in the Scifi setting), when they grow to a certain age they for a very limited period get to procreate (if some form of AI-based form of procreation isn't already created by the lab-coat gods). Then after they have served this basic purpose, they are put on a chair by the robots where they are given heavy hallucinogenic drugs, following which the AI pulls the trigger of some form of gun (or chemical weapon) on the subject, who then dies in a state of total bliss.

That is Utilitarianism's answer in a nutshell, no politics involved and perfectly ethical by the Utilitarian standard, completely fulfilling the ultimate aims of Utilitarian ethics and morality. The problem is that Utilitarianism fails to address basically every element of existence besides the fact that we do have different desires (sometimes very sadistic ones). Desire alone is meaningless in the context of being a conscious organism which interacts with a very complex world around them and who contemplates their own flesh-blood existence in a self-aware manner, as well as in an oblivious manner.

Alanantic

Star
The true Utilitarian answer to the Problem Of Evil is as followed:

Subjects are born and raised by robots on little isolated huts scattered throughout the ocean (or in pods in space in the Scifi setting), when they grow to a certain age they for a very limited period get to procreate (if some form of AI-based form of procreation isn't already created by the lab-coat gods). Then after they have served this basic purpose, they are put on a chair by the robots where they are given heavy hallucinogenic drugs, following which the AI pulls the trigger of some form of gun (or chemical weapon) on the subject, who then dies in a state of total bliss.

That is Utilitarianism's answer in a nutshell, no politics involved and perfectly ethical by the Utilitarian standard, completely fulfilling the ultimate aims of Utilitarian ethics and morality. The problem is that Utilitarianism fails to address basically every element of existence besides the fact that we do have different desires (sometimes very sadistic ones). Desire alone is meaningless in the context of being a conscious organism which interacts with a very complex world around them and who contemplates their own flesh-blood existence in a self-aware manner, as well as in an oblivious manner.
Strange, even Wiki didn't mention robots. You should always provide a link to that kind of information. Actually, Utilitarianism sounds rather benign. It's a bit dated but I think they're on the right track.

Utilitarianism is a family of normative ethical theories that prescribe actions that maximize happiness and well-being for all affected individuals.[1][2] Although different varieties of utilitarianism admit different characterizations, the basic idea behind all of them is to in some sense maximize utility, which is often defined in terms of well-being or related concepts. For instance, Jeremy Bentham, the founder of utilitarianism, described utility as "that property in any object, whereby it tends to produce benefit, advantage, pleasure, good, or happiness...[or] to prevent the happening of mischief, pain, evil, or unhappiness to the party whose interest is considered." -- Wiki