Coronavirus Café

Thunderian

Superstar
We are cooking a lot more for the family now, what with the play area at McDonald’s being closed and all, so I’m thinking more about food and, frankly, I’m getting sick of all our meal ideas. I’ve tried to start cooking threads before, but maybe this one will take.

So, quarantinos, what are you eating? I don’t even care if you cooked it, I’m just curious what people’s meals are looking like these days. Post pics!

I made pork chops with mushroom gravy, plain rice, and fried broccoli, which we drank with a dry, but vibrant, ginger ale.

This is the plate I made for my son.

62409914-00EA-4FCA-9C6D-A716FED2641C.jpeg

Dalit

Star
For dinner in 4 day blocks: 4 oz. Asian (garlic, ginger, coconut aminos) marinated chicken thighs, 3 oz fried plantains (1 tsp olive oil), and 4 oz. roasted brussel sprouts. Just turn it all into a stir fry. Really starting to like both plantains and brussel sprouts together. :)

justjess

Superstar
Has anyone else lost motivation to cook? Both me and my husband who typically alternate and enjoy cooking have about zero interest in doing so lately. It’s like pulling teeth.

Tacos tonight. Chicken broccoli Alfredo yesterday.

Dalit

Star
Has anyone else lost motivation to cook? Both me and my husband who typically alternate and enjoy cooking have about zero interest in doing so lately. It’s like pulling teeth.

It's a tough time right now and perfectly understandable.

I batch cook or prep 4 days prior and then don't have to do much the other 4 days other than heat it up or put it in a pan. Think the routine helps. Well, actually, 2 days prior to the next 4 day block, it's time to start prepping again. So only 2 days off from planning anything.

Thunderian

Superstar
d

I’m uninspired myself, which is why I started this thread.

My wife is making lasagne tomorrow, but tonight it’s leftovers.

Thunderian

Superstar
It's a tough time right now and perfectly understandable.

I batch cook or prep 4 days prior and then don't have to do much the other 4 days other than heat it up or put it in a pan. Think the routine helps. Well, actually, 2 days prior to the next 4 day block, it's time to start prepping again. So only 2 days off from planning anything.
We try and make a big batch of something, eat it for a couple meals, and then freeze the rest.

Lisa

Superstar
This is the second time I made this...truly delicious and a new favorite!!

BE0E049F-E9C2-46BB-AC5D-D2425F2D5736.jpeg

Lisa

Superstar
This is absolutely delicious!! And also a new favorite :)

FE30B9D2-219D-4088-AB55-2E66757CAFCD.jpeg