Dead Sea Scrolls

Vixy

Star
This is fascinating. Ive heard about the Thomas scrolls myself and how they were supposed to contain that reincarnation was part of christianity but the vatican didnt find people to be ready for that information so they contained it?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
This is fascinating. Ive heard about the Thomas scrolls myself and how they were supposed to contain that reincarnation was part of christianity but the vatican didnt find people to be ready for that information so they contained it?
There certainly have been genuine scrolls recovered but there have also been some fragments of uncertain provenance that have crept in. The other thing is that the Essenes who protected the documents saved valued texts other than scripture - i.e. the Dead Sea Scrolls were never a biblical "canon" so much as texts saved from the plundering Romans...

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
The articles say the fragments at the Museum of the Bible are fakes, not that all the DSS are.
It stands to sense really - if you look at the history of the scrolls, a number of caves have been excavated, the longer this process went on, the more the idea that some money might be made from producing an old looking bit of parchment must have grown in some people's minds.

However, forgeries are only valuable because originals exist.

Kung Fu

Superstar
Or a group of elite people let's take Roman elite for example, wanted people to think a certain way such as getting their scribes to alter and change the meanings of what was originally preached or written down.

elsbet

Superstar
It stands to sense really - if you look at the history of the scrolls, a number of caves have been excavated, the longer this process went on, the more the idea that some money might be made from producing an old looking bit of parchment must have grown in some people's minds.

Good point, Red.
FROM THE ARTICLE
The new findings don’t cast doubt on the 100,000 real Dead Sea Scroll fragments, most of which lie in the Shrine of the Book, part of the Israel Museum, Jerusalem. However, the report’s findings raise grave questions about the “post-2002” Dead Sea Scroll fragments, a group of some 70 snippets of biblical text that entered the antiquities market in the 2000s...​

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Or a group of elite people let's take Roman elite for example, wanted people to think a certain way such as getting their scribes to alter and change the meanings of what was originally preached or written down.
Might I suggest that the conclusions we are inclined to draw are influenced by our underlying beliefs?

Kais_1

Star
Boris Johnson did a speech on the coronavirus yesterday 12/03/20 at 5ish pm

towards the end the cameras focused on a plate that was on the wall.

what i noticed was the colours of the plate.

Red Blue Gold White

GBW R

GBW AYN

GAYN BW

NAGYN

or NAG 50

town in Egypt and the number for the ANNUNAKI

SNAKE Woman/half human/half snake/shapeshifter

Skip to 9.32

i knew it was something coz it was strange why they place a plate in the middle of the conference :)

Sen

Established
Have anybody watched Dr.Frank Stranges lecture on dead sea scrolls? It is fascinating.