Did Jesus Abolish the law by fulfilling it?

phipps

Star
Fear God and give glory to Him for the hour of His judgement is come. Worship Him that made the heavens the earth the seas and the fountains of water.

Revelation 11:19, "And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail."

Revelation 14:12, "Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus."

The temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in His temple the ark of His testament. The ark of God's testament is in the holy of holies/most holy room, the second apartment of the sanctuary. In the ministration of the earthly tabernacle, which served "unto the example and shadow of heavenly things," this apartment was opened only upon the great Day of Atonement for the cleansing of the sanctuary.

Therefore the announcement that the temple of God was opened in heaven and the ark of His testament was seen points to the opening of the most holy place of the heavenly sanctuary as Christ entered there to perform the closing work of the atonement. Those who by faith followed their great High Priest as He entered upon His ministry in the most holy place, beheld the ark of His testament. As they had studied the subject of the sanctuary they had come to understand the Saviour's change of ministration, and they saw that He was now officiating before the ark of God, pleading His blood in behalf of sinners.

The ark in the earthly sanctuary contained the two tables of stone, upon which were inscribed the precepts of the law of God. The ark was merely a receptacle for the tables of the law, and the presence of these divine precepts gave to it its value and sacredness. When the temple of God was opened in heaven, the ark of His testament was seen. Within the holy of holies/most holy room, in the sanctuary in heaven, the divine law is sacredly enshrined —the law that was spoken by God Himself amid the thunders of Sinai and written with His own finger on the tables of stone.

The law of God in the sanctuary in heaven is the great original, of which the precepts inscribed upon the tables of stone and recorded by Moses in the Pentateuch were an unerring transcript. Those who arrived at an understanding of this important point were thus led to see the sacred, unchanging character of the divine law. They saw, as never before, the force of the Saviour's words: "Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law" (Matthew 5:18). The law of God, being a revelation of His will, a transcript of His character, must forever endure, "as a faithful witness in heaven." Not one command has been annulled; not a jot or tittle has been changed. Says the psalmist: "Forever, O Lord, Thy word is settled in heaven. ... All His commandments are sure. They stand fast for ever and ever" (Psalm 119:89; 111:7-8).

Revelation 22:13-14. "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city."

1688503537987.png

phipps

Star
1693559852108.png
Colossians 2:16-17, "Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ."

What do Christians misunderstand with regards to the above verse? The CONTEXT. What is Paul speaking of? 'meat, drink, holyday [feast day], new moon, and sabbath DAYS.' Now take a look at a verse from the Old Testament:

Ezekiel 45:17, "And it shall be the prince's part to give burnt offerings, and meat offerings, and drink offerings, in the feasts, and in the new moons, and in the sabbaths, in all solemnities of the house of Israel: he shall prepare the sin offering, and the meat offering, and the burnt offering, and the peace offerings, to make reconciliation for the house of Israel."

Do you see what these are? They are the 'carnal' ordinances that were imposed upon Israel that POINTED TO CHRIST to make reconciliation for the house of Israel.

Last edited:

phipps

Star
1694694101417.png
Just think about this for a moment: The fact that the Son of God had to come and die, due to man's transgression, gives unmistakable proof that the moral law of God cannot be changed. And those who seek to use the sacrifice of Christ as a means to sin and do away with God's holy law, or to change one of it's sacred precepts, will be held accountable by God, more than if Christ had never come!

Psalm 19:7-8, "The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple. The statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes." If the law of God is PERFECT, why would He ever CHANGE it?

"But had the law of God never been transgressed, there would have been no death, and no need of a Saviour; consequently there would have been no need of sacrifices." PP 363.1

Last edited:

phipps

Star
1702208314406.png
2 Peter 2:20-21, "For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them."

Last edited:

phipps

Star
1713178581276.png
God's law It's either obey and live, or disobey and perish. He who spared not the angels that sinned, will not spare those who continue to transgress God's holy law. They are on the broad road to destruction.

Christ gives the test by which to prove our loyalty or disloyalty. “If ye love Me,” He says, “keep My commandments.... He that hath My commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth Me. And he that loveth Me shall be loved of My Father, and I will love him, and will manifest Myself to him.... He that loveth Me not keepeth not My sayings; and the word which ye hear is not Mine, but the Father’s which sent Me. ... If ye keep My commandments, ye shall abide in My love; even as I have kept My Father’s commandments, and abide in His love” (John 14:15-24; 15:10).

True faith will be manifested by obedience to all the requirements of God. From Adam’s day to the present the great controversy has been concerning obedience to God’s law. In all ages there have been those who claimed a right to the favour of God while disregarding some of His commands. But by works is “faith made perfect,” and without the works of obedience, faith “is dead” (James 2:22, 17). He who professes to know God “and keepeth not His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him” (1 John 2:4).

Satan is constantly at work to misrepresent the character and government of God and to hold the inhabitants of the world under his deception.

It will soon be seen that all who have forsaken the divine precepts have placed themselves on the side of Satan, in warfare against Christ. When the prince of this world shall be judged, and all who have united with him shall share his fate, the whole universe will declare, “Just and true are Thy ways, Thou King of saints” (Revelation 15:3).

Those who think Christ has done it all and they don't have to obey the requirements of God will not get everlasting life and be with Christ forever! The choice is ours!