Did Jesus Exist? All Scholars Agree He “Certainly” Existed

Wigi

Veteran
I'm not really interested in discussing this, as I was referring to the video and how it made logical sense. If you want to believe the trinity, go right ahead, no one is stopping you.
I'm not really trying to debate here, i'm just explaining.

Something I find respectable though it's when muslims says 'peace be upon' whenever they speak about the people of the book. They would even do that for Jesus and it is obvious to me they would never do such a thing to those whom they consider professional liars.

But i'm wondering, what do they make of Jesus saying :

Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad.” Then the Jews said to Him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?” Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”
John 8:56‭-‬58

Is it Jesus being eccentric for the sake of it, trying to confuse the crowd or maybe there is a much deeper meaning to find there.

It's not really a matter of what I want or anybody decide to believe for themselves but more a matter of whether we can take God seriously and when God says He made us in His likeness in fact He truly meant it and it wasn't something obscure no one will ever know.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I'm not really trying to debate here, i'm just explaining.

Something I find respectable though it's when muslims says 'peace be upon' whenever they speak about the people of the book. They would even do that for Jesus and it is obvious to me they would never do such a thing to those whom they consider professional liars.

But i'm wondering, what do they make of Jesus saying :

Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad.” Then the Jews said to Him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?” Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”
John 8:56‭-‬58

Is it Jesus being eccentric for the sake of it, trying to confuse the crowd or maybe there is a much deeper meaning to find there.

It's not really a matter of what I want or anybody decide to believe for themselves but more a matter of whether we can take God seriously and when God says He made us in His likeness in fact He truly meant it and it wasn't something obscure no one will ever know.
I have to agree with your observation here @Wigi but NOT understanding the meaning of these words is a staple part of the anti-trinitarian mindset.

Btw - there is a lot in the other phrase…

Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad.”

When did Abraham rejoice to see Jesus’s day? I have an idea but I would be interested in other views…

Last edited:

A Freeman

Superstar
It was the immortal Christ (the Firstborn Son of God) that Abraham rejoiced to see in his day, when Christ visited Abram/Abraham as Melchizedek (which means "King of Righteousness"), as Christ stated through the mouth of Jesus (the Son of Man, born in Bethlehem).

Genesis 14:18-20
14:18 And Melchizedek king of Salem (Peace) brought forth bread and wine: and he [was] the priest of the Most High God.
14:19 And he blessed him, and said, Blessed [be] Abram by the Most High God, possessor of heaven and earth:
14:20 And blessed be the Most High God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all.

Hebrews 5:5-11
5:5 So also Christ glorified not himself to be made The High Priest; but He that said unto him, Thou art My Son, to day have I begotten thee.
5:6 As He saith also in another [place], Thou [art] a Priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek.
5:7 Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto Him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared;
5:8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;
5:9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;
5:10 Called by God an High Priest after the order of Melchizedek.
5:11 Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing.