Do the “elites” believe the Rapture is imminent?

Lisa

Superstar
However, its only after the antichrist goes into the temple and declares himself God, that we know who he is...
‭‭2 Thessalonians‬ ‭2:1-5‬ ‭
Now we request you, brethren, with regard to the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, that you not be quickly shaken from your composure or be disturbed either by a spirit or a message or a letter as if from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come. Let no one in any way deceive you, for it will not come unless the apostasy comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction, who opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, displaying himself as being God. Do you not remember that while I was still with you, I was telling you these things?​

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Daniel 9:27 King James Version (KJV)

27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Lisa

Superstar
Daniel 9:27 King James Version (KJV)

27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.
And?

TokiEl

Superstar
‭‭2 Thessalonians‬ ‭2:1-5‬ ‭
Now we request you, brethren, with regard to the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, that you not be quickly shaken from your composure or be disturbed either by a spirit or a message or a letter as if from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come. Let no one in any way deceive you, for it will not come unless the apostasy comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction, who opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, displaying himself as being God. Do you not remember that while I was still with you, I was telling you these things?​
Most modern bible scholars are waiting and watching for a rebuilt temple in Jerusalem where the antichrist will go inside and proclaim himself God.

The fact that most modern bible scholars teach this is an indication that it's wrong. The whole world is deceived remember... except the elect. And they are very few.

I perceive the papacy in 2 thess 2... popes who forgive sins for money and are infallible according to catholic dogma. And Daniel's 70 weeks prophecy points to Sept 23 2015 as the beginning of the 70th week... and right on time on Sept 25 2015 this particular pope confirmed Agenda 21 with Agenda 2030 in the United Nations. He even said he came in his own name...

Lisa

Superstar
Most modern bible scholars are waiting and watching for a rebuilt temple in Jerusalem where the antichrist will go inside and proclaim himself God.

The fact that most modern bible scholars teach this is an indication that it's wrong. The whole world is deceived remember... except the elect. And they are very few.

I perceive the papacy in 2 thess 2... popes who forgive sins for money and are infallible according to catholic dogma. And Daniel's 70 weeks prophecy points to Sept 23 2015 as the beginning of the 70th week... and right on time on Sept 25 2015 this particular pope confirmed Agenda 21 with Agenda 2030 in the United Nations. He even said he came in his own name...
You’re totally off on your timeline..start counting down when they build the temple...that’s the marker because that’s when the treaty starts the 7 year trib period. The anti stops the sacrificing at 3.5 years and proclaims himself god in the temple and things really get ugly after that.

TokiEl

Superstar
You’re totally off on your timeline..start counting down when they build the temple...that’s the marker because that’s when the treaty starts the 7 year trib period. The anti stops the sacrificing at 3.5 years and proclaims himself god in the temple and things really get ugly after that.
Daniel's countdown until the Messiah starts with the command to rebuild Jerusalem with the wall. And the countdown until the prince who is to come starts with the command to restore control over Jerusalem.

The temple is not mentioned except that it would be destroyed after the Messiah was cut off.

Also there is nothing about a peace treaty with Israel.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
And...

As I read it, the AC “reveals” himself to the world by successfully brokering a deal between Israel and the surrounding nations for one (prophetic) week, in the context of Daniel, for a period of 7 years. Some people will be alarmed by this, others will welcome it as bringing peace to a troubled region.

If part of that covenant involves Israel getting the Temple they desire. Providing that was built within 3 1/2 years, the AC would be able to make his appointment with the “Abomination of Desolation”, a moment that even the most hard-hearted against God must surely give pause for decision on who they will follow.

TokiEl

Superstar
And...

As I read it, the AC “reveals” himself to the world by successfully brokering a deal between Israel and the surrounding nations for one (prophetic) week, in the context of Daniel, for a period of 7 years. Some people will be alarmed by this, others will welcome it as bringing peace to a troubled region.
Where in Daniel 9 is there a peace treaty with Israel ?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Right it doesn't.
Some interesting exposition from Precept Austin

Daniel 9:27 is known as the Seventieth Week of Daniel (summary diagram), the seventieth seven or the "Tribulation". As with all Scripture, this important passage should be interpreted in its plain, natural, literal sense, taking care to avoid speculation, allegorization, application of symbolism or spiritualization. Any other interpretative schema other than literal leaves this critical passage and this entire section (Da 9:24-27) open to a variety of interpretations limited only by the expositor's imagination. As discussed below, the natural and most logical interpretation is to take Daniel 9:27 literally. The literal interpretation indicates the events described are yet future, for one cannot identify a historical 7 year period which completely explains all the events (e.g., the Jewish Temple is currently non-existent, but must be present for sacrifices to be terminated!). This verse describes what expositors have referred to as The Tribulationbut it should be noted that there is not specific Scripture that designates this entire seven year period as the tribulation. On the other hand, the term "Great Tribulation" is a very specific term which was used by Jesus to designate the last 3.5 years of Daniel's Seventieth Week (cf Mt 24:15which occurs at midpoint of the seven years and Mt 24:21). The Old Testament term for this last 3.5 years is the time of Jacob's distress (Jer 30:7 - see other synonyms).

And so the Seventieth Week of Daniel focuses future attention on the nation of Israel and the fate the Jews, as God allows His Chosen People to experience one last refining fire which results in a remnant of the nation of Israel who place their faith in Messiah. Daniel 9:27 is the backbone of all prophecy and as such serves as the skeleton on which one can superimpose the events of Revelation 6-19. It follows that the majority of the events of the Revelation are deal with the nation of Israel and not the Church. Below is a schematic summary that reflects the literal (futuristic) interpretation of Daniel 9:24-27).

Recommended Resource: Three part series on Daniel 9:24-27 by Charles Ray, Thd - includes over 200 footnotes!

1. Part 1 - Daniel 9:24-27
  2. Part 2 - Daniel 9:24-27
  3. Part 3 - Daniel 9:24-27

TokiEl

Superstar
Some interesting exposition from Precept Austin
Yea i will probably read all that... but i didn't see the timeline there.

Daniel 70 weeks is a countdown until the Messiah and the prince who is to come... so where is the timeline over at precept austin ?

Lisa

Superstar
And...

If part of that covenant involves Israel getting the Temple they desire. Providing that was built within 3 1/2 years, the AC would be able to make his appointment with the “Abomination of Desolation”, a moment that even the most hard-hearted against God must surely give pause for decision on who they will follow.
I thought I had read that the antichrist just agreed to the treaty..didn’t broker it himself..but I can’t find that verse. I thought it was in Daniel 11..but I don’t see it now..so..Daniel 9 does say he will make a firm covenant with the many.

The temple institute already has a model of the new temple and I thought they had some prefab stuff too. I would think a peace treaty or some sort of treaty would have to happen in order for the Jews to build their temple on the Temple Mount anyway.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Poor guy is a little stressed out when he says he didn’t expect to be here to see that.
Look at the patent number!!! Of course there is a gap between the patent and the use of the patent but it is quite an eye opener for those who treat the Bible as a work of pious fiction.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I thought I had read that the antichrist just agreed to the treaty..didn’t broker it himself..but I can’t find that verse.
You are right Lisa, I think the word “confirm” also carries the meaning “to make stronger”. This could mean that while one person may produce a peace plan that is rather shaky with limited buy in, At some point there will be a plan to which the AC will add a master touch and in doing so, reveal himself.

TokiEl

Superstar
Daniel's 70 weeks is a countdown until the Messiah... and also a countdown until the prince who is to come.

Can you count ?

If you can count... then you can count the weeks until the Messiah and the prince who is to come.

Can you count ?

Last edited: