Fat epidemic

Maes17

Superstar
Hmm interesting. I have three of those problems and my natural doctor put me on a special detox diet for heavy metals. My stomach calmed down the first week. :eek: Im eating the following:

Sweet potatoes
Peas
Basmati rice
Alaska Pollock
cauliflower
Fish
Meat
Eggs
Brussel sprouts

And such and as soon as I had one cheat day and went back to old habits, my stomach freaked out again.
It takes awhile and planning to find out what your body reacts to

Hmm interesting. I have three of those problems and my natural doctor put me on a special detox diet for heavy metals. My stomach calmed down the first week. :eek: Im eating the following:

Sweet potatoes
Peas
Basmati rice
Alaska Pollock
cauliflower
Fish
Meat
Eggs
Brussel sprouts

And such and as soon as I had one cheat day and went back to old habits, my stomach freaked out again.
Wow thats interesting! I have just put myself on a low carb diet, which always helps. Its an awful feeling right? My stomach has flared up right now and Im at work! HORRIBLE

Simka

Established
I don't know how I missed this discussion, but it is even more interesting to read it now as time passed and we can see what really happened. I also thought that during the pandemic people would return to bad habits, but looking at my environment I can say that I was wrong. A lot of my friends decided to take the advantage of this time and started doing sports. I personally also finally worked on my nutrition and began training regularly.

Busbyx

Rookie
As for me, much changed during pandemic. I can't relate myself to either of these two groups. I indeed gained a lot during pandemic, but I also started working on my weight loss. Besides, my endocrinologist prescribed me ozempic (here is ozempic coupon if someone needs). Nevertheless, I started to work out regularly and follow a healthy diet. So I lost almost 20 lbs.

Last edited:

Vixy

Star
Wow thats interesting! I have just put myself on a low carb diet, which always helps. Its an awful feeling right? My stomach has flared up right now and Im at work! HORRIBLE
I havent had stomach problems for a year now. :) Got on vitamin D and it never came back. But we're not talking 20ug here, we're talking 125mg. The microdoses recommended are so low they're pointless.

Last edited:

invisible

Hi everyone, because of depression, I ate bad food to full the emptiness inside me. I eat to fill the void but also because food is the only happiness source that I got (dopamine). That's why I gained a lot of weight and I feel disgusted at myself for being this way. I also have no self control so I kind of see it as that I have a sugar addiction.
I want to avoid those typical processed food but it's so hard so I try to learn more about it.
Are there maybe any telegram groups, books, documentaries or video's you've watched that motivates you to eat healthy?

Floridafoot

Established
Hi everyone, because of depression, I ate bad food to full the emptiness inside me. I eat to fill the void but also because food is the only happiness source that I got (dopamine). That's why I gained a lot of weight and I feel disgusted at myself for being this way. I also have no self control so I kind of see it as that I have a sugar addiction.
I want to avoid those typical processed food but it's so hard so I try to learn more about it.
Are there maybe any telegram groups, books, documentaries or video's you've watched that motivates you to eat healthy?
Hey, it's not how you start it's how you finish. You acknowledge you are struggling with this problem, so that's a step in the right direction right there. Maybe try not to keep sweets in the house. Try to cook at home and not eat out frequently, which will also save you money. Maybe don't strive for a goal "size" but just getting more comfortable in your clothes and in your skin. Try to keep more fresh fruit and veggies around. I know this can be difficult in certain areas and they don't keep very long. But once you start eating these things you will start craving them more. Also, if you drink alcohol try to cut that out. It's all empty calories and it doesn't matter what you drink or how you drink it. Also counting calories really helped me. However, It's not for everyone and I wouldn't do it for more than 6 months. You're not invisible. God thoughtfully created you and He knows your struggles. He accepts you as you are and will show you how to change for the better. You can't fill the void with food. But it can be filled with love and light! Get your hands on a Bible. Head out to church with a friend. Find an online Bible study group. Maybe rekindle interest in an old hobby, or a new one. I personally like gardening lol. Again that's not for everyone but it's great exercise. Just pick yourself up. Dust yourself off. Dig in and make some changes. You can do this!

Dalit

Star
Also, and I speak from some experience, trauma or bad upbringing can lead to overeating and disordered eating. I'm slowly reading Bessel Van Der Kolk, MD's The Body Keeps the Score. Some of the horrific accounts in there lend the book to be read slowly unless one is so traumatized and detached to where it wouldn't be a bother. Just guessing.

Anyway, I read in there that a lot of obese women (and maybe men, too) were victims of sexual abuse at a young age. Obesity shouldn't be glorified, but neither should it be condemned. The reasons for it like past trauma should be looked into rather than how unsightly a person looks in another person's opinion.

There was a dude I used to follow on YouTube who lost a bunch of weight and didn't get skin removal surgery. He wanted to remember how far he came from diet and exercise alone. He grew up poor yet his mother fed him extra and, as I've seen at food banks, there's a lot of highly processed foods there. He got obese by enjoying cheap foods that were not really food. This is why fast food joints pop up in food deserts. So it can also be based on economic disparity.

Anyway, as someone who has struggled with disordered eating for most of my life, I know it's good to look into the psychological reasons and not just make easy assumptions.

Just wanted to add my 2c

I absolutely agree that childhood trauma and abuse, possibly young adult trauma too, can result in disordered eating. Also agree with the poverty connection, processed food is cheap and paleatable (and toxically addictive), so often times poor parents will feed their children this and it starts the lifetime of addiction.

Focusing on people's appearances to shame them is not the answer. While an addiction to food/disordered eating can and often does lead to weight and health issues, sometimes it doesn't result in any visible changes.

In all honesty, i still suffer from disordered eating - the only difference is that my type a personality and desire to avoid toxic chemicals make it so that i binge on fruit and veggies instead of processed food. It's practically impossible to be obese when eating that kind of stuff, but do i still have the issue of wanting to stuff my face constantly? Absolutely. Something about what i do being seen as morally "better" than what some one else does just because the results are not visible rubs me the wrong way. It's still disordered eating.

(And, for what it's worth, if we want to get into any kind of deeper or spiritual implications, i am absolutely being "punished" for my weakness/addiction. During pregnancy my body cannot tolerate fruit at all, even low glycemic fruit like berries will shoot my blood glucose levels up to dangerous levels. For someone who is addicted to binging on fruit to not be able to eat it for months is real torture. On all the mom support forums everyone is talking about how they can't wait to have some cake again or other processed stuff, and how they hate having to eat "healthy", including fruit. Meanwhile i want fruit so bad i wake up having dreams about it, literally.)

JoChris

Superstar
@Dalit and @ToxicFemininitySucks thank you for your openness about an issue many of us judge people too soon. It does appear that sugar can be a very dangerous substance for some people because it triggers overeating.

For me I have put on more weight than I would like to admit because of my basic inertia (I hate exercise!) and a personal liking more for fatty foods, not sugar. Of course some sweeter foods are fatty as well, so my weakness is chocolate.

The Sojourner

Established
If I gain too much I say myself I've gotten fat and I lower my portions for a while and increase the exercise.
"Eat less, move more, and keep breathing"
I learned that from a video which asked, if you lose weight, where does the fat go?
The answer: you breathe it out
The fat gets burned by your metabolism and gets converted to CO2, which you then breath out.
You literally breathe out the weight that you lose, and that is why weight loss takes time.
It all has to be converted into gas.
Therefore they came up with the strategy:
If you want to lose weight, "eat less, move more, and keep breathing"

The Sojourner

Established
CO2 is what plants crave.
By losing excess weight, we convert the stored fat that we loathe into usable CO2 which we then breathe out which is food for plants.
So, it's not only good for our own health and self image to get determined to lose unwanted excess weight, but it benefits the plantlife too since it generates more CO2 for plants to use.
So by losing unwanted excess weight we benefit the environment, too. :D

Last edited:
I think marijuana is being encouraged now because it can lead to overeating and weight gain. You have to be careful about what you eat too much of. One thing I noticed is that baklava is almost impossible to stop eating. I challenge anyone to get a vape pen or other type of marijuana and buy some baklava and try and stop eating it. I had to stop buying it because I would eat it all. But baklava contains good ingredients such as honey and pistachios.

Vixy

Star
We call them Glutenbodies in sweden now. I've been off Gluten for 3 years and on vitamin D 5000IUs aka 125mg a day for a year and I feel strong as an ox. I've gone from mostly bedridden to active every day and Ive noticed my sideflab (had alittle) went, my abs are showing, whooh!

I think people are swelled up from gluten. Gluten is basically GMO wheat so GMO'd thats its not edible for humans anymore. We cant break it down so our colons get inflamed and we develop a ton of problems.