Home Remedies

elsbet

Superstar
Remedy.. sort of, but it's a DIY and it's fabulous so I must share.

I'm a sucker for things that make tbe house smell good, but I'm picky, and what I really love costs more than I want to spend on a regular basis. Hmm.. this is going to be a two-parter.

The first is simple enough: get a very small bowl and put a cotton ball (or even a small, crumpled piece of paper towel lol) in the bottom and shake a generous amount of your favorite essential oil on top. I use SPEARMINT, and it is amazing.

Part two: the candles I like cannot be found at the grocery or drug store. So when I buy one of the Good Ones, I set it on top of a coffee mug warmer instead of lighting it. They last so much longer-- months, even.

:)

Maes17

Superstar
Not really a home remedy.

But I've been on a workout routine.
Bench press 5x5 210lbs
Squat 5x5 260lbs(below parallel too)
I do one day upper and one day lower of isolation exercises as well.

Mixed with a bit of low intensity running(2 mile non stop track work, and some high intensity short sprints 50 meter sprints for 8-10 reps)

I am seeing some great physical/emotional health

Simka

Established
Nice thread! There are so many great home remedies here! Thanks for sharing, guys! As for me, I add hemp oil in my food as it includes vitamins. Also I eat honey (at least 1 spoon per day) and drink water with ginger and lemon. Some people suggested me trying supplements, but I'm not sure about them. In general, I'm very suspicious about taking unknown supplements and meds, I always find out some info about them online before taking (I should say, canadapharmacy.com helps me with this as it allows to read desciptions of the meds). I think, nature has everything to keep us healthy, and we really can use it to prevent diseases.

polymoog

Superstar
i forgot about GSE. (grapefruit seed extract).

following the original post, ive only used it for stomach ailments. works great, but it has many other uses. i unfortunately ran out and forgot about it until i saw a video the other day about adding one drop of it with baking soda as a toothpaste.

if i only had 5 items to have on hand:
baking soda
activated charcoal
tea tree oil
apple cider vinegar
silver colloid

Lurker

Star

following the original post, ive only used it for stomach ailments. works great, but it has many other uses. i unfortunately ran out and forgot about it until i saw a video the other day about adding one drop of it with baking soda as a toothpaste.

baking soda
activated charcoal
tea tree oil
apple cider vinegar
silver colloid
You'd forgo oregano oil?

polymoog

Superstar
You'd forgo oregano oil?
i was wavering back and forth about that one-- theres a special variety from turkey, i believe, that is the cadillac of oil of oreganos, btw-- but i had a hard time thinking of multiple uses for that item unlike the others. if you know of other applications, id be interested in reading about it.

Lurker

Star
i was wavering back and forth about that one-- theres a special variety from turkey, i believe, that is the cadillac of oil of oreganos, btw-- but i had a hard time thinking of multiple uses for that item unlike the others. if you know of other applications, id be interested in reading about it.
Wort remover would be one. Undiluted.

baking soda
activated charcoal
tea tree oil
apple cider vinegar
silver colloid
I never tried colloidal silver - My 5 (6 or 7) very much like yours:

baking soda
activated charcoal
coconut oil (and castor oil)
apple cider vinegar
turmeric
edit:
iodine*

polymoog

Superstar
I'm currently using Tea tree oil for some irritating pimples that keep coming back, and it works a treat. It dehydrates them in a day or two and my skin looks much better.
thats good, but youve got to find out why you got those pimples in the first place. its been said that those pimples are a way for the body to detox. you might have eaten something that wasnt very clean.

DevaWolf

Veteran
thats good, but youve got to find out why you got those pimples in the first place. its been said that those pimples are a way for the body to detox. you might have eaten something that wasnt very clean.
Actually I already know. I have a skin disorder called folliculitis, it has nothing to do with how I eat. It's a function disorder.