Is it possible to get copyrighted on here?

BananaLaser

Veteran
Is it necessary to worry about getting copyrighted on here for posting photos, videos, links, etc?

Daze

Superstar
Sure, if they are copyrighted works and the owner doesn't want them here. But i doubt they will contact you. They'll probably just contact VC and ask him to remove them.

Seeing they will always request take downs first, there is nothing to be worried about really. Especially with this being such a small pond. VC forums are not that popular.

If you like, just use the disclaimer, "fair use". Since you are not profiting from it there is no issue.

BananaLaser

Veteran
Sure, if they are copyrighted works and the owner doesn't want them here. But i doubt they will contact you. They'll probably just contact VC and ask him to remove them.

Seeing they will always request take downs first, there is nothing to be worried about really. Especially with this being such a small pond. VC forums are not that popular.

If you like, just use the disclaimer, "fair use". Since you are not profiting from it there is no issue.

A couple posts that I’ve made on VC Forums had images that disappeared, so I edited them, added new images and one exact image that was originally on one of the posts. These images of course made sense with the context of what my posts were about. Do you think they disappeared in the first place because of copyright, or maybe a glitch?

Last edited:

polymoog

Superstar
So would that mean that if I posted a photo on here, I would then have to post the link of where the photo came from, along with the photo?
i think that would cover you, since you are citing the source. i suppose it is similar to a footnote to a bibliography. any news stories should have a link to the original source so it brings traffic back to that site. anything more complicated than that and you should refer to dazes post above.
if you are doing this "for educational purposes only", i think you have nothing to worry about.

BananaLaser

Veteran
i think that would cover you, since you are citing the source. i suppose it is similar to a footnote to a bibliography. any news stories should have a link to the original source so it brings traffic back to that site. anything more complicated than that and you should refer to dazes post above.
if you are doing this "for educational purposes only", i think you have nothing to worry about.
Ok, thanks. I just wonder if the users on this site (myself included), are at risk of copyright, because of all the different images and videos that get posted here.

BananaLaser

Veteran

Is it even necessary to include “fair use”? I’m sorry that I’m asking all these questions, I just don’t want to have to end up paying a serious fine, just for having posted pictures, videos, and links on here.

polymoog

Superstar
I just don’t want to have to end up paying a serious fine, just for having posted pictures, videos, and links on here.
i dont think theyll set up roadblocks in your neighborhood to nab you over a copyrighted photo or two. they wouldve arrested most internet users already.

Daze

Superstar
A couple posts that I’ve made on VC Forums had images that disappeared, so I edited them, added new images and one exact image that was originally on one of the posts. These images of course made sense with the context of what my posts were about. Do you think they disappeared in the first place because of copyright, or maybe a glitch?
I'd say a glitch. Full length movies last on platforms like Odysee for awhile before they are removed and nothing gets removed until there is a complaint.

Odysee is not big, Rumble's user base dwarfs it, Yet Odysee gets alot more daily users then VC forums do. A copyright owner would have to see your content and request a take down. We just don't have the people that would increase the odds of that happening.

It's worth pointing out if you linked it, the image host could have removed it for whatever reason. This could be why your pictures disappear.
If this is the issue just copy/paste them. This way VC hosts it and it will never disappear. This is what i do most of the time.

If you use windows, then Shift + Windows key + S is a very useful tool for taking screenshots. Long as you're not running a 4k monitor you can paste most copied images directly into the post. Otherwise you'll have to use an image editor like Gimp to reduce the file size.

Personally i would not worry / care about copyright. They are not gonna come after you unless you are making money off of their work. Like selling it or using it to sell other content. Just say "fair use" if it bothers you and be done with it.

Here, I'll share a movie to show its not that big of a deal.

If the copyright owner sees that, the first thing he will do is contact Odysee and ask to have it taken down. He won't mess with me at all.

BananaLaser

Veteran
I'd say a glitch. Full length movies last on platforms like Odysee for awhile before they are removed and nothing gets removed until there is a complaint.

Odysee is not big, Rumble's user base dwarfs it, Yet Odysee gets alot more daily users then VC forums do. A copyright owner would have to see your content and request a take down. We just don't have the people that would increase the odds of that happening.

It's worth pointing out if you linked it, the image host could have removed it for whatever reason. This could be why your pictures disappear.
If this is the issue just copy/paste them. This way VC hosts it and it will never disappear. This is what i do most of the time.

If you use windows, then Shift + Windows key + S is a very useful tool for taking screenshots. Long as you're not running a 4k monitor you can paste most copied images directly into the post. Otherwise you'll have to use an image editor like Gimp to reduce the file size.

Personally i would not worry / care about copyright. They are not gonna come after you unless you are making money off of their work. Like selling it or using it to sell other content. Just say "fair use" if it bothers you and be done with it.

Here, I'll share a movie to show its not that big of a deal.

If the copyright owner sees that, the first thing he will do is contact Odysee and ask to have it taken down. He won't mess with me at all.
So to be clear I have nothing to worry about, as long as I’m not selling any pictures, videos, or links?

redqueen

Superstar
So to be clear I have nothing to worry about, as long as I’m not selling any pictures, videos, or links?
Yes BananaLaser so long as it's for discussion purposes
and not to profit from there is nothing to worry about as was
mentioned above if the owner wanted to take it off the site
they would contact the owner of the site not individuals using it

imho I wouldn't worry on this

BananaLaser

Veteran
Yes BananaLaser so long as it's for discussion purposes
and not to profit from there is nothing to worry about as was
mentioned above if the owner wanted to take it off the site
they would contact the owner of the site not individuals using it

imho I wouldn't worry on this