Is the US chicken egg shortage real?

amandalisa93

Rookie
I can’t say for sure if it’s “real” or not. In my area, there’s always a plethora of eggs on the shelves. A crazy amount. Nothing out of the usual from over a year ago or even before the plandemic. I personally haven’t witnessed evidence that there’s a shortage, it’s always well stocked near me. The biggest difference is the cost. Generally seeing $4.50-$5.00 for a dozen of eggs. Where I live, I haven’t seen such a spike in costs of other staples like I have with eggs. Milk, bread, etc — all relatively normal pricing.

There’s been a lot of “shortages” lately — children’s pain relievers, for one. Myself and my kids had a bout of the flu a few weeks back, trying to find children’s medicine was an absolute nightmare.Yet the cost has been relatively the same for those items that there is a shortage on. So I don’t get it at all.

Sometimes it just feels like TPTB pick and choose what items and products are experiencing a shortage…no rhyme or reason sometimes.

Frank Badfinger

Superstar
Last edited:

Dalit

Star
Limited availability (my Costco stopped trying to get them in stock for the foreseeable future), high prices, lots of media attention and hand-wringing....But, is it real or another power play?

long time lurker enticed to register because i'm doubtful of the issue
I've noticed the price hike and the limited availability. Costco only had $15 cases of them last time I checked and I don't need that much.

@Frank Badfinger re Bill Gates demonizing eggs for high cholesterol, etc. I thought that erroneous line of thinking was gone after the 80s low fat craze. Egg whites or egg substitutes just don't cut it. I sometimes add egg whites to eggs to increase the protein, but no way eat the egg whites alone. Bleh!

Frank Badfinger

Superstar
You're welcome.

The same thing happened with meat in 2020. Meat processing plants were shut down because we were told the plants were infested with CV-1984. Then several processing plants in various parts of the US mysteriously burnt to the ground, and this continues today. While at the same time Bill Gates and the WEF go on about how meat is bad and that artificial lab-grown meat is the healthy choice.:rolleyes:

Then they went after the farmer by claiming fertilizer was bad for the environment.

Now it's time to demonize eggs...it's all part of Agenda 21/2030.

Last edited:

Frank Badfinger

Superstar
Then they went after the farmer by claiming fertilizer was bad for the environment.

Screenshot 2023-01-31 at 11-17-28 DUDE! Watch The Aftermath Of A Canadian Train Wreck That Der...png

it's all part of Agenda 21/2030.

I've noticed the price hike and the limited availability. Costco only had $15 cases of them last time I checked and I don't need that much.

@Frank Badfinger re Bill Gates demonizing eggs for high cholesterol, etc. I thought that erroneous line of thinking was gone after the 80s low fat craze. Egg whites or egg substitutes just don't cut it. I sometimes add egg whites to eggs to increase the protein, but no way eat the egg whites alone. Bleh!
As of my last costco visit last week, my local costco is still selling them but limiting to 2 2dozen packs per customer, they've had that limit for a few months now at least.

As for prices, i believe each 2dozen pack is about 5-6 dollars, so i cant say ive seen the price go up there. However at the local grocery store I've seen an increase of about a dollar per pack since last year.

Regarding cholesterol, if i remember correctly it is a building block to some hormones which are needed for optimum fertility, so gates pushing low/no cholesterol eggs goes right along w the depopulation agenda.

Dalit

Star
As of my last costco visit last week, my local costco is still selling them but limiting to 2 2dozen packs per customer, they've had that limit for a few months now at least.

As for prices, i believe each 2dozen pack is about 5-6 dollars, so i cant say ive seen the price go up there. However at the local grocery store I've seen an increase of about a dollar per pack since last year.

Regarding cholesterol, if i remember correctly it is a building block to some hormones which are needed for optimum fertility, so gates pushing low/no cholesterol eggs goes right along w the depopulation agenda.
They were about $8 today for 18. Ridiculous.