Jesus Revealed In The Old Testement Feasts

I see. Always appreciate your views.
I actually think Jesus,being the son of God, refers to this :

Genesis 49:10
The scepter will not depart from Judah, nor the ruler's staff from between his feet, until he to whom it belongs shall come and the obedience of the nations shall be his.

rather than the David mention. Whoever this refers to seemingly takes over rulership from David/Judah.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I find an interesting parallel in John the Baptist...

Matthew 11

11 “Assuredly, I say to you, among those born of women there has not risen one greater than John the Baptist; but he who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.12 And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force. 13 For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.14 And if you are willing to receive it, he is Elijah who is to come. 15 He who has ears to hear, let him hear!

David is both an OT King and the pattern of the Messiah as ruler...

Mr. Blah

Veteran
I find an interesting parallel in John the Baptist...

Matthew 11

11 “Assuredly, I say to you, among those born of women there has not risen one greater than John the Baptist; but he who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.12 And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force. 13 For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.14 And if you are willing to receive it, he is Elijah who is to come. 15 He who has ears to hear, let him hear!

David is both an OT King and the pattern of the Messiah as ruler...
As Elijah represents John the Baptist, David represents Jesus.

And in the Ezekiel Temple, the sin offerings would continue (Ezekiel 40:39 - "And in the vestibule of the gate were two tables on either side, on which the burnt offering and the sin offering and the guilt offering were to be slaughtered.")

In the 40 years period after the crucifixion (and resurrection and ascension) of Jesus and the destruction of the Temple, the sacrifices was still going on.

The rule of thumb:
If the Temple exists, so the sacrifices exist too.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I have been thinking about Ezekiel's temple...

This is just my feeling on the matter so don't be too hard on me but Jesus still bears the marks of the nails in his hands. He could easily have been completely healed but there is meaning in the wounds.

This will be a memorial to his work in eternity.

Perhaps Ezekiel's temple will show the story of the sacrifice in the same way, not as an active and ongoing animal sacrifice which would make little sense as the work of redemption is complete, but as a reminder and an object lesson to people born in the Millennium who will still need to choose for themselves who to follow?

Just my ideas...

Karlysymon

Superstar
I find Yom Kippur (the holiest day on the Jewish calender) aka the Day of Atonement, pretty fascinating. According to the 16th chapter of Leviticus, the high priest entered the Holy of Holies, and once a year, to cleanse the sanctuary. The people outside were to afflict their souls as it was a solemn day. As it was a foreshadowing, is Christ now in the Most Holy place (Hebrews 9) With judgement (Daniel 7:9-10) taking place, unawares to us?
In Jewish thought, what
happens on the Day of
Atonement, when the sanctuary is to be cleansed?

"God, seated on His throne to judge the world, at the same time Judge, Pleader, Expert, and Witness, openeth the Book of
Records; it is read, even man's signature [name] being found therein. The great trumpet is sounded; a still small voice is heard; angels shudder, saying,
this is the day of judgment. . . .
On the Day of Atonement, it is sealed who shall live and who shall die."—"The Day of Atonement," ~the
Jewish Encyclopedia.

Some prayers uttered on the Day of Atonement read like this:
"Justify me in the judgment. . . .O silence the accuser, and suffer the advocate to take his place . .. and in consequence of his pleading, declare, I have pardoned. . . . O blot out the transgression of the people that have been saved. . . . He, the Ancient of Days, sits as Judge. . .
. In the book of life . . . may we be sealed by Thee."

Is this the reason Christ says He is coming with His reward (Rev 22:12), implying a judgement has taken place and a decision has been made on every case? To be honest, i often wonder whether my name has already come up. Was my guardian-angel summoned (he records everything)? What did Christ say in my defence? What did the Father say? Its terrifying, nevertheless, something that crosses the mind every now and then.

Karlysymon

Superstar
@Red Sky at Morning

Your article opened my eyes to a new angle even though @Lady did touch upon it in her post. Given what we all discussed in here: the end/fullfilment of the ceremonial laws at the cross and that there is no need (according to God) for a new temple to resume these rites. That would mean that Daniel 9:27 isn't a future prophecy of some antichrist showing up in some temple, in present day Israel to end sacrifices. But that Daniel mentioned Christ and Titus in the same verse (also 11:31 and 12:11). Christ, Himself referred to this verse in His Olivet discourse about events yet to happen circa 66-70 a.d

"Therefore when you see the ‘abomination of desolation,’ spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place” (whoever reads, let him
understand),“then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains." Matthew 24:15-16

Therefore, the fact that there's no need for a temple in this day, those prophecies must have had their fulfilment in the past....just my POV

Last edited:

Serveto

Star
Therefore, the fact that there's no need for a temple in this day, those prophecies must have had their fulfilment in the past....just my POV
Somewhere in the recesses of my memory resides a scripture, probably (and admittedly) out of context because I don't recollect the entire chapter, wherein Jesus referred to the body as the temple, and one not "made with hands." I wonder, sometimes, if, when it is said that Antichrist, after having exalted himself, shall sit in the temple (note the wording), "sh[o]wing himself that he is God," this isn't a somewhat, though not exclusively, I emphasize, metaphorical or allegorical reference to what we call, thanks in large part to Freud and others, the (unregenerated) ego, personified, in this case, by the "Man of Sin?"

At any rate, it seems to me that so called "modernity, post-modernity" and its many variants in essence does exactly that: it has anointed its ego King and sits in the temple, declaring, or showing itself that it is God, even in those cases in which, in the style of atheists, it denies God altogether. This, also, is just my pov, a sort of inquiry, not meant to be either definitive or defensible.

Last edited:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Somewhere in the recesses of my memory resides a scripture, probably (and admittedly) out of context because I don't recollect the entire chapter, wherein Jesus referred to the body as the temple, and one not "made with hands." I wonder, sometimes, if, when it is said that anti-Christ, after having exalted himself, shall sit in the temple (note the wording), "sh[o]wing himself that he is God," this isn't a somewhat, though not exclusively, I emphasize, metaphorical or allegorical reference to what we call, thanks in large part to Freud and others, the (unregenerated) ego, personified, in this case, by the "Man of Sin?"

At any rate, it seems to me that so called "modernity, post-modernity" and its many variants in essence does exactly that: it has anointed its ego King and sits in the temple, declaring, or showing itself that it is God, even in those cases in which, in the style of atheists, it denies God altogether. This, also, is just my pov, a sort of inquiry, not meant to be either definitive or defensible.
I posted this little dialogue up elsewhere but the idea behind it unlocked the whole debate between preterists and futurists when it comes to prophetic interpretation...

From a dialogue in The Hobbit...

“Good Morning!" said Bilbo, and he meant it. The sun was shining, and the grass was very green. But Gandalf looked at him from under long bushy eyebrows that stuck out further than the brim of his shady hat.

"What do you mean?" he said. "Do you wish me a good morning, or mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not; or that you feel good this morning; or that it is a morning to be good on?"

"All of them at once," said Bilbo. "And a very fine morning for a pipe of tobacco out of doors, into the bargain.

Karlysymon

Superstar
Somewhere in the recesses of my memory resides a scripture, probably (and admittedly) out of context because I don't recollect the entire chapter, wherein Jesus referred to the body as the temple, and one not "made with hands." I wonder, sometimes, if, when it is said that Antichrist, after having exalted himself, shall sit in the temple (note the wording), "sh[o]wing himself that he is God," this isn't a somewhat, though not exclusively, I emphasize, metaphorical or allegorical reference to what we call, thanks in large part to Freud and others, the (unregenerated) ego, personified, in this case, by the "Man of Sin?"

I agree with you and as i see it, Satan has always wanted to take the place of God, in every way, shape and form, and is desperate to do so. Our bodies are the temple of the HolySpirit (1 Corinthians 6:19), even there, Satan wants enthronement as we see in demonic possession or we consciously award him the place of God (atheism). And i find Judas to be the perfect example: Then Satan entered Judas, called Iscariot, one of the
Twelve. (Luke 22:3)

The Antichrist, and its/his master have this unrelenting obsession with desecrating the sanctuary/temple as 2 Thessalonians mirrors.
"And it grew up to the host of heaven; and it
cast down some of the host and some of the stars to the ground, and trampled them. He even exalted himself as high as the Prince of the host; and by him the daily sacrifices were taken away, and the place of His sanctuary was cast down."
(Danie 8:10-14, 7:25)

@Red Sky at Morning
Thanks, cute dialogue. Having been a huge fan of LOTR

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I agree with you and as i see it, Satan has always wanted to take the place of God, in every way, shape and form, and is desperate to do so. Our bodies are the temple of the HolySpirit (1 Corinthians 6:19), even there, Satan wants enthronement as we see in demonic possession or we consciously award him the place of God (atheism). And i find Judas to be the perfect example: Then Satan entered Judas, called Iscariot, one of the
Twelve. (Luke 22:3)

The Antichrist, and its/his master have this unrelenting obsession with desecrating the sanctuary/temple as 2 Thessalonians mirrors.
"And it grew up to the host of heaven; and it
cast down some of the host and some of the stars to the ground, and trampled them. He even exalted himself as high as the Prince of the host; and by him the daily sacrifices were taken away, and the place of His sanctuary was cast down."
(Danie 8:10-14, 7:25)

@Red Sky at Morning
Thanks, cute dialogue. Having been a huge fan of LOTR
J R.R. Tolkien and C.S Lewis, a lifetime ago, had far more insight into the nature of the 'New World Order" than many on this forum ;-)

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
On the subject of temples, treaties, abominations and plots... If you had asked me a year ago, I would have confidently told you how I saw it all panning out...

My view has become broader and less prescriptive recently, as I can see that a range of things may happen which will indeed fulfill God's word (when viewed after the event) but I suspect some twists and turns in the plot before the final chapters...

I keep thinking about Habakkuk 1:5...

"5Behold ye among the heathen, and regard, and wonder marvellously: for I will work a work in your days, which ye will not believe, though it be told you."

Karlysymon

Superstar
Hahaha, we are all students of God. And i will affirm your point, new truths presented either broaden or completely change the picture. For example Daniel 9:27, for me, has always been "that verse", where both sides seem correct but one can't really tell who is truly right and one loses the urge to delve into the topic. So your article helped me pick a side. True, there will be unforeseen twists and turns. Remember the virgins slept till the end, only awakened by the midnight cry.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Being friends, word on the street is they were both into Freemasonry.
I wonder... Just because they appear to have a knowledge of esoteric concepts, if that is evidence enough? I could be accused of similar things by anyone I had conversed with on the topic just because I have known several pagans, wiccans, luciferians and satanists... In order to understand them I ended up reading around their perspectives (with prayer and rests!)

Perhaps Lewis and Tolkien were able to do similar things?

llleopard

Established
I looked into this one a few years ago and found it really interesting...

"Maybe you’ve heard of Passover or Yom Kippur, but did you know that there are seven total feasts prescribed in the Bible? These holy days contain precise prophetic details about the first and second coming of Jesus Christ.

Spend some time digging deeper into the Jewish roots of our Christian faith with this quick overview of the Biblical feasts and their past and future fulfillment."

An interesting study for anyone who is interested in finding Jesus in the OT...
I only understood the importance of the feasts this year... changed my life. Literally. Gonna read this whole thread after work cos it's my fav subject at the moment. Thanks everyone☺

llleopard

Established
Oh. Well that video didn't turn out as I was hoping.....the minute he said 'rapture' it was all over for me. I don't think the principles in the Bible support the idea of a 'whoosh and up we go!' rapture in any way. I can see where he was going with that, but it was a shame he didn't focus on how we can use the Feasts of the Lord as personal tools for growth until the manifestation of the Sons of God.

Karlysymon

Superstar
Oh. Well that video didn't turn out as I was hoping.....the minute he said 'rapture' it was all over for me. I don't think the principles in the Bible support the idea of a 'whoosh and up we go!' rapture in any way. I can see where he was going with that, but it was a shame he didn't focus on how we can use the Feasts of the Lord as personal tools for growth until the manifestation of the Sons of God.
That is Red's perspective. Maybe you can present yours so we can learn from it too?

@Red Sky at Morning

Maybe. Just read some stuff, can't definitively say they both were.

llleopard

Established
Whew. Where to start?
God commanded his people to keep the feast of Tabernacles. The feast was to be kept by people ready, in the 15th day of the 7th month. But this feast actually begins with Trumpets on the 1st day of the 7th month.
Trumpets spiritually signifies the call to our destiny. In this current time, it is the prophetic ministry in the church, giving direction to the church so that it can enter into the promised glory.
The Day of Atonement is on the 10th day of the 7th month. Those who wouldn't keep this day were cut off from Tabernacles. This spiritually speaks to us of dying to Self, and that the point of the affliction of the soul is to bring forth the Christ. If there is no sacrifice or change in us then there will be no kingdom glory.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I think the fact that the Rapture is at least hinted at by the Feast of Trumpets is not necessarily something to be troubled by. If you believe the Gospel, but doubt the Rapture, if it then happens at some point, you will be gathered together with the other believers.

In addition to the "Glorious hope" of the Rapture, we are told emphatically to "occupy till I return", something that some pre-trib Christians seem to forget (therefore completely missing the point that in a twinkling of an eye they will be standing before the judgement seat of Christ!)

I want to sell my life as dearly as I can, for as long as I'm here. If I am caught out of here by age, illness, a careless bus driver or the 'last trump' I want to have lived in such a way as to have done the maximum damage to the kingdom of darkness and go into Eternity with as few regrets as I can. I hope this conveys my heart on the matter.

Btw - The feast of Trumpets, Rosh Hashana this year is September 21st/22nd and we are in the Hebrew year 5777.