Kabbalah's Little Sweetheart

Feel like a tourist in the Entertainment section.

Either way, Ariana Grande, Kabbalah's latest little sweetheart, made a song 2 years ago, didn't even know it existed, slightly obsessing about "light coming to give back what the darkness stole."

I'm not seeing many users here that frequent the religions & spirituality section, so let's have a little quiz in the name of spiritual diversity and tolerance.

What do light and darkness represent in Kabbalah?

Last edited:

Aero

Superstar
"The idea of light hidden in the darkness is also a basic psychoanalytic idea, having to do with making the unconscious conscious, as well as connecting split-off complexes to the wholeness of the Self. If we don't acknowledge and pay our dues to the darkness, it will take its due on its own terms-like the return of the Freudian repressed-with a vengeance."

Cintra

Star
light is illumination. Ain soph aur is the limitless light that emanates from the Godhead and creates the spheriot of the tree of life, eventually manifesting in the material plane. Malkuth.

Darkness would be the absence of the light and the word.

In the beginning was the word and god said let there be light.

I dunno. Is that right?

Tell me what you think it is.

Aero

Superstar
Nobody here is a kabbalist. Plus, isn't the whole idea of Kaballah's little sweetheart anti-Semitic? I think it's at least like quoting out of context. What I mean is, this thread came with preconceived or inadvertently implied negativity.

I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt on the negativity. Either way, the point is a summary on light and darkness can't really cover what Kaballah is really all about. Besides the issue of modernization, what is practical or actionable about Kaballah is the bigger exploratory opportunity.

Ariana Grande is a Kabbalist and it shines through in her music. That’s what matters.

You’ll find plenty of elaborate exoteric explanations on the teachings of Kabbalah if you look for them, but it’s the esoteric meanings we’re all interested in here, right?

Cintra

Star
Ariana Grande is a Kabbalist and it shines through in her music. That’s what matters.

You’ll find plenty of elaborate exoteric explanations on the teachings of Kabbalah if you look for them, but it’s the esoteric meanings we’re all interested in here, right?
What is your answer to what light and darkness mean in kabalah
You originally asked.
I gave it my best shot. Now tell me what you think it is.

Aero

Superstar

Or there was a major paradigm change centuries ago, which made the esoteric exoteric. In that context, we are talking about the same things. Put another way, what secrets do you think anyone has been able to keep? My argument is that people aren't initiated as a choice, not because anything is that hard to find.

The exoteric would say what your source explained, that the divine light was shattered during the breaking of the vessels, and that these shards containing divinity falling through the metaphysical abyss became separated from their divine roots. This is just a spinoff from the separation from the pleroma and the Fall in Christian Gnosticism. The pleroma (or divine fullness) is the ein sof. The breaking of divine unity is the demiurgic creation by Sophia which initiated the fall. The shards are to the divine sparks what the carnal aspect is to the human soul, that which is the root of all evil.

That’s the exoteric version. The esoteric version goes a bit further. I’ll give a clue.

8D88E35A-8D2A-4E27-A18A-67B78E45AA82.jpeg

The exoteric would say what your source explained, that the divine light was shattered during the breaking of the vessels, and that these shards containing divinity falling through the metaphysical abyss became separated from their divine roots. This is just a spinoff from the separation from the pleroma and the Fall in Christian Gnosticism. The pleroma (or divine fullness) is the ein sof. The breaking of divine unity is the demiurgic creation by Sophia which initiated the fall. The shards are to the divine sparks what the carnal aspect is to the human soul, that which is the root of all evil.

That’s the exoteric version. The esoteric version goes a bit further. I’ll give a clue.

View attachment 43991
Wow that’s a creepy quote. Are you hinting at sabbatian-frankism? The Jewish movement started in 1666 by self proclaimed messiah sabbati zevi, that committing evil actions to precipitate the world into a state of absolute undivided evil so that an end to history can be fulfilled? He had millions of followers in Europe, it is estimated a quarter of the world Jewish population at the time followed him and then his reincarnation, Jacob frank.

queen82

Star
apart the duet with Lady Gaga, she didn't work that much, don't know maybe for the pandemia

Cintra

Star

View attachment 43991
Ah! same as christianity, then.
Not surprising as christianity is judaisms red headed step child.

In christianity god is all powerful. The opposer is his chosen agent doing his will.
Like Judas.
Judas didn't want the job, but christ insisted because someone had to betray him to initiate the rest of the scheme.

shankara

Star
light is illumination. Ain soph aur is the limitless light that emanates from the Godhead and creates the spheriot of the tree of life, eventually manifesting in the material plane. Malkuth.

Darkness would be the absence of the light and the word.

In the beginning was the word and god said let there be light.

I dunno. Is that right?

Tell me what you think it is.
So far as I understand the Ain is so incomprehensible that it is referred to as "darkness" (says Blavatsky), because it's so far beyond anything which can be conceptualized or spoken about that I suppose one cannot "shed light" on it or "shine a light on it" to see its properties. I suppose were it light rather than darkness, we would be able to see it, to form an image of it.

Ah! same as christianity, then.
Not surprising as christianity is judaisms red headed step child.

In christianity god is all powerful. The opposer is his chosen agent doing his will.
Like Judas.
Judas didn't want the job, but christ insisted because someone had to betray him to initiate the rest of the scheme.
The Gospel of Judas is worth a read if you haven't already.

Last edited:

Cintra

Star
I grabbed a copy of judas the other day. I will give it a read.
I always thought he was unfairly treated.

John 13.18 (KJV)
18I speak not of you all: I know whom I have chosen: but that the scripture may be fulfilled, He that eateth bread with me hath lifted up his heel against me.

I know whom I have chosen...

In Mathew all the disciples as if it is them, when Judas asks jesus says that it is.

Matthew 26:25 (KJV)
“Then Judas, which betrayed him, answered and said, Master, is it I? He said unto him, Thou hast said.”

So, as Tidal might rephrase it...

Jesus said "Sorry, mate, its a dirty job, but someone has to do it, and I picked you."

Bubbajay

Veteran
In Kabbalah light and darkness is two sides of the same coin. They believe darkness/Satan is a part of god himself, that's why they can do mental gymnastics and claim they're still worshipping god by doing dark deeds. Its really not much different than the Gnosticism in which evil becomes good, and good evil. The kabbalah more than likely came from gnosticism, and the early Gnostics were mainly Judaics after the destruction of the temple in 70ad

I'm editing this post to point out this is not my opinion only, but a fact. Hebrew university professor Gershom Scholem, and Moshe Idel both say this. Its where I got it from lol. Both authors wrote many books about rabbinic Judaism and kabbalah, and both authors see no harm in letting these facts out to the public. Read specifically "Saturn's Jews" by Moshe Idel where he links the Judaic idea of Saturn, the sabbath, Sabbatical Sevi, and the witches sabbat.

Last edited: