Kate Bush

Awoken2

Superstar
A2 post moved from PP in Entertainment to here.

Kate Bush was born 1958. In 1971 Kate was 12/13 years old and Steve Blackwell was 18/19. Steve worked in a mental institution.
View attachment 76168
Aside from him being 6 years older than Kate, this all sounds rather odd. How does a 18/19 yr old man meet a 12/13 yr old girl? Was she a "patient" at the hospital? Who was this guy?

View attachment 76170
After cleaning toilets in a mental institution and having a relationship with a minor who would become a massively successful recording and video artist. Steve too would become a big record executive, TV Morning Host, MTV VJ and actor. Wow!

View attachment 76171
Here is an interesting comment also...

Living at the time in Eltham, south-east London, Bush felt an “air of doom” hanging over the city, and during the final Dreaming sessions with engineer Paul Hardiman the mood duly darkened. She had been troubled by the murder of John Lennon and a sense of paranoia wormed its way into “Leave It Open” (“My door was never locked, until one day a trigger came – cocking”) and “Get Out Of My House”, a disturbing account of physical and psychological violation that doubled as a commentary on the invasive nature of fame.

Taken from

It my just be coincidental that both Bush and O'Riordan were both brought up by strict Roman Catholics and both were sexually abused.

master82

Rookie
A2 post moved from PP in Entertainment to here.

Kate Bush was born 1958. In 1971 Kate was 12/13 years old and Steve Blackwell was 18/19. Steve worked in a mental institution.
View attachment 76168
Aside from him being 6 years older than Kate, this all sounds rather odd. How does a 18/19 yr old man meet a 12/13 yr old girl? Was she a "patient" at the hospital? Who was this guy?

View attachment 76170
After cleaning toilets in a mental institution and having a relationship with a minor who would become a massively successful recording and video artist. Steve too would become a big record executive, TV Morning Host, MTV VJ and actor. Wow!

View attachment 76171
that's remind me Celine Dion relationship with her husband Rene Angelile , she meet him when she was like 14 years old and he was way too much older than her ..

Last edited:

Frank Badfinger

Superstar
Here is an interesting comment also...

Living at the time in Eltham, south-east London, Bush felt an “air of doom” hanging over the city, and during the final Dreaming sessions with engineer Paul Hardiman the mood duly darkened. She had been troubled by the murder of John Lennon and a sense of paranoia wormed its way into “Leave It Open” (“My door was never locked, until one day a trigger came – cocking”) and “Get Out Of My House”, a disturbing account of physical and psychological violation that doubled as a commentary on the invasive nature of fame.

Taken from

It my just be coincidental that both Bush and O'Riordan were both brought up by strict Roman Catholics and both were sexually abused.

from the article:

In fact, her track was actually inspired by a traditional folk song, which contains just as concerning subject matters embedded in the lyricism. The traditional English folk number is called ‘Lucy Wan’, and when Kate Bush heard the song for the first time, she recalled: “It was an area that I wanted to explore because it’s one that is really untouched and that is one of incest. There are so many songs about love, but they are always on such an obvious level”.

So if that’s where the inspiration came from, what song did the tale inspire? If you’ve heard Kate Bush’s song ‘The Kick Inside’, congrats. You’ve been listening to a song about incest.

The song itself is written to be a suicide note, penned by a woman who fell in love with her brother and became pregnant with his baby, hence the title ‘The Kick Inside’. In the song, the woman tells her brother not to feel responsible for her death or the choices she made. The lyrics go extremely dark, which is honestly appropriate for the subject matter.

In the song, Bush sings: “I’m giving it all in a moment or two, giving it all in a moment for you. This kicking here inside, makes me leave you behind. No more under the quilt to keep you warm. Your sister I was born, you must lose me like an arrow shot into the killer storm”. It’s pretty unmistakable—the song is absolutely about a brother and sister who do the unspeakable.

Last edited:

Vmort

Star

Man, you lack of penis.
It is transgender -- hips too flat and narrow aren't built to bare babies. Face is to squared -- testorsterone.

Shouders are big. Breast aren't fit.
It is a boy -- face is boyish.

Diogenes

Established
Don't you all know that while she was quite young (a teenager), she was in the company of Pink Floyd's David Gilmour ? (do I spell his name right ?). Makes you think if the man in the room is actually him, instead of Steve Blackwell. Gilmour's family is part of the Elite and so is David Mason's too (the drummer in Pink Floyd)