Man enough

moodychick

Established
This article explains about the ideal male body in nineteen different countries. Some of the results were shocking.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2016/02/18/body-image-men-around-the-world_n_9262680.html

It's not always about looks. Personality is the key. A man doesn't have to be overly chivalrous. As long he respectful and polite, he's definitely a gentleman.
It looks like the US especially has some serious delusions about how men are expected to look!

It's sad if some women won't give a man who doesn't match up to these ideals the opportunity to show that he is respectful and polite.

JoChris

Superstar
It looks like the US especially has some serious delusions about how men are expected to look!

It's sad if some women won't give a man who doesn't match up to these ideals the opportunity to show that he is respectful and polite.
I thought to myself that the USA man actually looks like a gay pin-up poster boy, the rest look straight, even the more muscular ones e.g. South Africa.

This thread proves that men view femininity and womanhood as an insult and manhood as something superior.
Calling a woman feminine or womanly is not an insult, it is either just stating facts or a compliment. (not that such interactions between unmarried people is appropriate)

Calling a man those things is a different subject.

Super macho men are not the pinnacle of masculinity though, they are one "achievement" on one side of it. Though fitness and some level of physical strength are things that all men unimpacted by modern culture should naturally already strive for (in the same way that a woman naturally wants to focus on enhancing aspects of her physique and so forth through different forms of exercise). Some of these "gender" (I hate that word in the rainbow context) stereotypes are just facts of the overall trends of human nature of both sexes, not all stereotypes are true or fair but some of them definitely generally are.