Misunderstanding Israel

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
There is so much talked about on the subject of Israel on these forums that I felt it might be worth creating a thread that addresses some of the topics directly.

Of course, many will simply ignore the following and proceed to highlight various moral failures of the modern Jewish state. There are certainly plenty of threads here for those interested in that line of thought.

What I think is lacking is to set out with some clarity a Biblical view of where (if anywhere) Israel fits into God’s plans for the world.

The first thing to state is that Dual Covenant Theology is not Biblical. There is no hint in the New Testament that Jews are OK with God just through keeping the Law and following the teachings of the Rabbis.

Edit: The above is actually quite relevant to the various forms of pseudo-Christian legalism that are being popularised recently.

Last edited:

JFO2

Established
Could you define “moral failures” for us, so that we know whether there’s any point in commenting.

A Freeman

Superstar
This is yet another so-called Christian strawman argument, replete with redefined terms to ensure maximum confusion (1 Cor. 14:33).

The UNCONDITIONAL Abrahamic Covenant was given to the descendants of Abraham, through his grandson Jacob/Israel, via his son Isaac, so that the world could see the fulfillment of God's Prophecies and His Law fulfilled.

The Old Covenant, also referred to as the "Song of Moses", refers to the 5 Books of Moses (Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy) which are also known as The Torah or, in English: The Law.

Deuteronomy 31:19-22
31:19 Now therefore write ye this "Song" for you, and teach it the children of Israel: put it in their mouths, that this "Song" (Covenant) may be a witness for Me against the children of Israel.
31:20 For when I shall have brought them into the land which I sware unto their fathers, that floweth with milk and honey; and they shall have eaten and filled themselves, and waxen fat; then will they turn unto other gods, and serve them, and provoke Me, and break My Covenant.
31:21 And it shall come to pass, when many evils and troubles are befallen them, that this "Song" (Covenant) shall testify against them as a witness; for it shall not be forgotten out of the mouths of their seed: for I know their imagination which they go about, even now, before I have brought them into the land which I sware [unto their fathers to give them].
31:22 Moses therefore wrote this "Song" (Covenant) the same day, and taught it the children of Israel.

The New Covenant, also referred to as the "Song of the Lamb", refers to the Gospel accounts of The Law/Word made flesh (John 1:14), where Christ incarnated Jesus to provide us with THE True, Spiritual Example of how -- WITH God, it's not only possible but absolutely essential to keep The Law (Matt. 19:26).

TOGETHER, the "Song of Moses" and the "Song of the Lamb" -- which are in perfect harmony with one another and thus inseparable -- form the NEW SONG that everyone among those to be redeemed from the Earth MUST learn.

Isaiah 42:10 Sing unto the "I AM" the "New Song" (Rev. 14:3; 15:3), [and] His praise from the "end of the earth", ye that go down to the sea, and all that is therein; the isles, and the inhabitants thereof.

Revelation 14:3 And they sung as it were a New Song (Isaiah 42:10) before the Throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: AND NO MAN COULD LEARN THAT "SONG" EXCEPT THE HUNDRED [AND] FORTY [AND] FOUR THOUSAND, WHICH WERE REDEEMED FROM THE EARTH.

Revelation 15:3 And they sing the "Song of Moses" (Old Covenant - Deut. 31) the servant of God, AND the "Song of the Lamb" (New Covenant), saying, Great and marvellous [are] Thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true [are] Thy Ways, Thou King of the holy people.

It should therefore be self-evident that the ONLY Way for anyone to be among the 144,000 who WILL be redeemed from the Earth is to get rid of all of their religious traditions and superstitions and LEARN THE NEW SONG while there is still time, exactly as Christ said in His Revelation to John.

A Freeman

Superstar
Addressing the wrongly redefined terms used throughout "Christianity" and, in particular, in the nonsensical strawman video @Red Sky at Morning shared in the OP, should hopefully help alleviate the confusion.

People have been wrongly trained to believe they understand what the term "Jew" means. Abraham was NOT a "Jew". Abraham had a miracle son Isaac, and Isaac's son Jacob was later renamed Israel. Judah was only the 4th of 12 sons born to Jacob/Israel, and obviously NOT any of the other 11 sons. And while the term "Jew" is derived from the "Judah" (Jew-dah), it today represents the adherents of the organized religion known as Talmudic Judaism, the overwhelming majority of which (over 95%) ARE NOT DESCENDED FROM JUDAH NOR EVEN SEMITES.

There are at least 95 distinct scriptural "marks" describing the true people Israel during the latter days, which completely eliminate the 9 million or so people currently occupying the counterfeit Jewish state of Israel in the Middle East.

What follows are a few of God's Promises to Abraham, describing the "House of Israel":-

God's Promise to David that David would never lack a descendant to physically sit on the throne of Israel until Christ/Shiloh comes (Gen. 49:10):-

Jeremiah 33:17-21
33:17 For thus saith the "I AM"; David shall never want (lack) a man to sit upon the throne of the House of Israel;
33:18 Neither shall the priests the Levites want (lack) a man before me to offer burnt offerings, and to kindle meat offerings, and to do sacrifice continually.
33:19 And the Word of the "I AM" came unto Jeremiah, saying,
33:20 Thus saith the "I AM"; If ye can break My Covenant of the day, and My Covenant of the night, and that there should not be day and night in their season;
33:21 [Then] may also My Covenant be broken with David My servant, that he should not have a son [or daughter] to reign upon his throne; and with the Levites the priests, My ministers.

God's Promise to Jacob/Israel that his descendants would become a NATION AND A COMPANY OF NATIONS (not just one tiny little country in the Middle East):-

Genesis 35:10-11
35:10 And God said unto him, Thy name [is] Jacob (the Supplanter): thy name shall not be called any more Jacob, but Israel shall be thy name: and He called his name Israel (champion of God).
35:11 And God said unto him, I [am] God Almighty: be fruitful and multiply; a nation AND a company of nations SHALL be of thee, and kings SHALL come out of thy loins

God's Promise to Jacob/Israel that shall grow into a Multitude and a Commonwealth of Nations in the midst of the Earth:-

Genesis 48:16-19
48:16 The Angel which redeemed me from all evil, bless the lads; and let my name [Israel] be named on them (let Ephraim and Manasseh be called Israel), and the name of my fathers Abraham and Isaac; and let them grow into a multitude in the midst of the earth.
48:17 And when Joseph saw that his father laid his right hand upon the head of Ephraim, it displeased him: and he held up his father's hand, to remove it from Ephraim's head unto Manasseh's head.
48:18 And Joseph said unto his father, Not so, my father: for this [is] the firstborn; put thy right hand upon his head.
48:19 And his father refused, and said, I know [it], my son, I know [it]: he also shall become a people, and he also shall be great: but truly his younger brother shall be greater than he, and his seed shall become a multitude (Commonwealth) of nations.

We therefore know with absolute certainty, through a careful study of history and the Bible, that while the number of counterfeit Jews (Ashkenazis and Idumean-Edomites) has marginally grown, the number of those who are actual racial descendants of the two-tribed "house of Judah", has steadily declined, exactly as prophesied (Mic. 4:7, Isa. 37:31-32, Zeph. 2:7, Matt. 21:19, Rev. 7:5, 8). The overwhelming majority of the 15,000,000 or so “Jews” today are Ashkenazis of Eastern European descent, who are neither Semites nor Israelites.

Until people understand from the Biblical descriptions who the true people Israel are, it is IMPOSSIBLE to understand the Biblical prophecies about the people Israel, about which the entire Bible is written.

Last edited:

A Freeman

Superstar
Further, and for all those genuinely interested in LIVING by the Bible (the faithful), it is critically important to understand that every organized religion, by default, teaches their own version of "replacement theology", which is yet another term that has been redefined to suit a false narrative.

NOWHERE in the Bible does it prophecy any "Jews" will be saved; in fact it warns us that those which call themselves "Jews" and are not (i.e. counterfeit-Jews) are of the synagogue of Satan, destined for The Fire (Rev. 2:9, 3:9).

NOWHERE in the Bible does it prophecy any "Roman Catholics" will be saved; in fact it warns us that anyone who doesn't come out of Roman Catholicism is destined for The Fire (2 Thess. 2:3-12, Rev. 17:5, Rev. 18:4).

NOWHERE in the Bible does it prophecy any "Christians" will be saved; in fact it warns us that those who call Christ "Lord", but refuse to DO as Christ COMMANDS are destined for The Fire (Matt. 7:21-27, Rev. 20:12-15).

NOWHERE in the Bible does it prophecy anyone who isn't keeping The Law/Commandments of God will be saved; in fact it plainly warns us that anyone and everyone who is still stubbornly and arrogantly refusing to keep The Law on Judgment Day is destined for The Fire.

What the Bible DOES prophecy is that there will be 144,000 redeemed from the Earth, ALL of which will be following Christ AND keeping The Law and ALL of which will therefore be of the 12 tribes of Israel listed in Revelation 7:4-9.

Revelation 7:4-9
7:4 And I HEARD the number of them which were sealed: [and there were] sealed an hundred [and] forty [and] four thousand OF ALL THE TRIBES OF THE CHILDREN OF ISRAEL.
7:5 Of the tribe of Judah [were] sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Reuben [were] sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Gad [were] sealed twelve thousand.
7:6 Of the tribe of Asher [were] sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Naphtali [were] sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Manasseh [were] sealed twelve thousand.
7:7 Of the tribe of Simeon [were] sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Levi [were] sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Issachar [were] sealed twelve thousand.
7:8 Of the tribe of Zebulun [were] sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Joseph/Ephraim [were] sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Benjamin [were] sealed twelve thousand.
7:9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could count (which is why he was told in verse 4), of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the Throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

Revelation 14:1-4
14:1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the Mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty [and] four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.
14:2 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many "waters", and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:
14:3 And they sung as it were a New Song (Isaiah 42:10) before the Throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that "Song" except the hundred [and] forty [and] four thousand, which were redeemed from the Earth.
14:4 These are they which were not corrupted by women; for they are pure. These are they which follow the Lamb wheresoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, [being] the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb (obeying God NOT women).

Please note well it does NOT say one single "gentile" (foreigner) will be among the 144,000 redeemed from the Earth; it plainly states that ALL of the 144,000 will be from the 12 tribes of Israel listed in Revelation 7:4-9, which God will gather from among the nations of the Earth where He has scattered them (Amos 9:9, Mark 13:27).

Now you know why Christ said that He was ONLY* sent to the lost sheep of the "House of Israel" and why He COMMANDED His Disciples to do likewise, making DISCIPLES of all nations (Matt. 28:18-20).

Matthew 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the "lost sheep" of the "House of Israel" (the Ten "Lost" Tribes of Israel).

Matthew 10:5-6
10:5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into [any] city of the Samaritans enter ye not:
10:6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the "House of Israel".

*Note well: Christ did NOT say that He was sent "first" (as the guy in the OP video falsely claimed) to the "lost sheep" of the "House of Israel" but rather that He was sent exclusively unto the "lost sheep" of the "House of Israel".

Last edited:

Lyfe

Star
I see allot of older saints on social media acting as Israels defenders. I think allot of this has to do with movies like left behind and the warhawk neocon media. The truth is we should be preaching the gospel to them rather than helping to facilitate their false assurances.

The real question we need to answer is who is The Israel Of God that Galatians 6 speaks of... The answer is in the chapter. Those in Christ.

Israel and the Ukraine. Two places that do me absolutely no good. Two places that Washington DC is always giving money to. Nobody has a believable reason why this happens.

zelensky is a jew, what do you expect?
it's like when indians meet with the israelis. As soon as i see it, i know a false flag attack is coming. It does..and then they say 'pakistan, terrorism' etc.
it is so fking mind numbing low level shit.

if you have telegram, add this channel
t.me/Reality_Theories

A Freeman

Superstar
Israel and the Ukraine. Two places that do me absolutely no good. Two places that Washington DC is always giving money to. Nobody has a believable reason why this happens.
The one (Israel) is the pretended homeland of the counterfeit Jews (Ashkenazis/Khazars) whilst the other (Ukraine area) is the previous homeland of the same counterfeit Jews (Ashkenazis/Khazars).

Just look at how many of the Israeli presidents and prime ministers have come from that former Russian republic or the surrounding area.

And if you're looking for a believable reason why these counterfeit Jews (Ashkenazis/Khazars) have been able to con Washington DC into funding them with American tax dollars, one acronym should suffice: AIPAC.

It seems to me that Israel makes a lot of money off using " The Holy Land " as a tourist attraction. Why can't they learn to be self sufficient and quit expecting the beleaguered American taxpayers to support them? And what about keeping the church and state separate? You separate the religion from the state of Israel and what are you left with but a bunch of grifters just like Ukraine. And what about the Palestinians. From what I have read they are treated worse than blacks were during the Jim Crow era.

The one (Israel) is the pretended homeland of the counterfeit Jews (Ashkenazis/Khazars) whilst the other (Ukraine area) is the previous homeland of the same counterfeit Jews (Ashkenazis/Khazars).

Just look at how many of the Israeli presidents and prime ministers have come from that former Russian republic or the surrounding area.

And if you're looking for a believable reason why these counterfeit Jews (Ashkenazis/Khazars) have been able to con Washington DC into funding them with American tax dollars, one acronym should suffice: AIPAC.
Sounds like you are telling the truth. My only question is what with all these counterfeit Jews running around where do all the authentic Jews live and why are they not complaining about the counterfeit ones ?

A Freeman

Superstar
Sounds like you are telling the truth. My only question is what with all these counterfeit Jews running around where do all the authentic Jews live and why are they not complaining about the counterfeit ones ?
Most of the 10-tribed "House of Israel" and the 2-tribed "House of Judah" converted to Christianity long ago.

Specific to the tribe of Judah, Judah had two sons: Pharez and Zarah via Tamar (Gen. 38:24-30). Pharez was the high, kingly line, from which king David descended, and Zarah (the red-hand) was low line. The British monarchy are descended from Judah-Pharez, and the Northern Irish and Scots are descended from Judah-Zarah.

This is why we find the red-hand of Zarah, superimposed on the star of David and underneath the crown on the Ulster flag, because the kings and queens of Ireland are descended from Eochaidh mac Douach (of Judah-Zarah) and Teia Tephi (of Judah-Pharez, the line of David), whose marriage sealed the breach between the two lines.

1672529229962.png

All of the Scottish kings and queens are descended from the Irish kings and queens of Judah, and all of the English kings and queens can trace their lineage through the Scottish and Irish monarchs (to Eochaidh and Teia Tephi (the daughter of king Zedekiah), back to Jerusalem.

Hopefully this explains just how pervasive the misunderstanding about the true Israelite people are vs. the fake "Israelis" that currently occupy the counterfeit Jewish state in the Middle East, which they stole from the British via the Balfour Declaration, after the British-Israelites liberated Jerusalem from Gentile Turkish-Edomite in December 1917 (under Gen. Allenby), exactly as prophesied (Dan. 12:7).

Last edited:
Most of the 10-tribed "House of Israel" and the 2-tribed "House of Judah" converted to Christianity long ago.

Specific to the tribe of Judah, Judah had two sons: Pharez and Zarah via Tamar (Gen. 38:24-30). Pharez was the high, kingly line, from which king David descended, and Zarah (the red-hand) was low line. The British monarchy are descended from Judah-Pharez, and the Northern Irish and Scots are descended from Judah-Zarah.

This is why we find the red-hand of Zarah, superimposed on the star of David and underneath the crown on the Ulster flag, because the kings and queens of Ireland are descended from Eochaidh mac Douach (of Judah-Zarah)) and Teia Tephi (of Judah-Pharez, the line of David), whose marriage sealed the breach between the two lines.

View attachment 83521

All of the Scottish kings and queens are descended from the Irish kings and queens of Judah, and all of the English kings and queens can trace their lineage through the Scottish and Irish monarchs (to Eochaidh and Teia Tephi (the daughter of king Zedekiah), back to Jerusalem.

Hopefully this explains just how pervasive the misunderstanding about the true Israelite people are vs. the fake "Israelis" that currently occupy the counterfeit Jewish state in the Middle East, which they stole from the British via the Balfour Declaration, after the British-Israelites liberated Jerusalem from Gentile Turkish-Edomite in December 1917 (under Gen. Allenby), exactly as prophesied (Dan. 12:7).
Thanks for the information. You are like a professor. Professor Freeman has a good ring to it. But unlike most of the professors in our corrupt college systems you seem to be telling the truth.

ive covered this...
Read Zechariah 13. It says the the remnant would not leave. 2/3 would be cut off or killed. The events in Zech 13 are not some future event, but one that was fulfilled after Jesus, by the roman destruction of jerusalem in 70AD.

“Awake, sword, against my shepherd,

against the man who is close to me!”

declares the Lord Almighty.
“Strike the shepherd,
and the sheep will be scattered,
and I will turn my hand against the little ones.
8 In the whole land,” declares the Lord,

What followed from here was it says 2/3 would be put to the sword or cut off . The modern ashkenazi jew was that camp who left and settled in europe. 1/3 REMAINED. They never left that place. They were absorbed into a christian identity and then palestinian, over time, muslim. It's a proven fact that the modern jew and palestinian share blood heritage moreso than they do with the other arabs.

Then you get Revelation 11 where it said the gentiles would trample on the outer court (of the temple mount) for 1260 days. Although this number links to 42 months, 3.5 years ie half a week of daniuel's prophecy...it's been extended (remember in matthew 24 Jesus himself said he doesnt know WHEN). What hgappenes when you make the 1260 days, years, similar to the Seventy Sevens in Daniel 9? you get 1260 years.

you get this
Muslims conquered Jerusalem in 637AD
first crusade where it was lost to Christians..1099AD
Muslims took it back in 1187 and held it till 1948. 761 years and 462 years
Total 1223 years of Muslim control.
In lunar years that is 1223 X 1.03068
That comes to exactly 1260 years.

Hence when you go to Revelation 12, it talks about the woman (sarah) and her son who is taken (Jesus). She then finds shelter 'in the wilderness for 1260 days' which is a clue that the true remnant of judea adopted islam and were protected in that time period outlined above.

Then when that period is over, the serpent/satan makes war against 'the rest of her offspring'
'those who hold the testinomy of Jesus AND follow God's commandments'.
that rules out christians since they don't follow 'commandments' ie the law. remember Paul also linked jerusalem to Hagar and slavery ie the LAW which is what comes via islam and the Quran. This law comes from a gentile prophet, akin to how Moses was sent to the israelites with a law.

this again fits perfectly, since we see the establishment of israel in 1948 and we see them consistently murdering innocent children in the most obv way.

if that wasn't enough. This camp are ashkenazis ie the blood of GOMER, which, linking to Ezekiel 38 makes them the camp of Gog & Magog. We know gog and magog wage war against the real remnant in Ezekiel 38. The icing on the cake is that this camp is lactose intolerant.
land of milk and honey.

Ezekiel 38 says it will be a land without borders right? netenyahu always says 'were iz der borders den?'
israel obsesses with borders, palestine didnt even have proper borders or a proper nationality as they existed under the sultanate and caliphates before that.
it says a land without walls....israel builds partition walls.
no weapons....israel? 'a peaceful and unsuspecting people......mossad, memri tv, they're learn 24-7 free cctv for the muslim world. israel produces elite tier spyware and exports it. they have a good economy going just from that.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Interesting reading. I set the title of this thread to “misunderstanding Israel” as it would seem the world will reach a point where misunderstanding and hatred of Israel will become the norm.

UN approves motion seeking ICJ opinion on Israeli-Palestinian conflict

The UN General Assembly in session. (illustrative photo: Don Emmert, AFP)

The UN General Assembly on Friday asked the International Court of Justice — a tribunal whose authority Israel doesn't accept — to consider consequences for Israel over its presence in the West Bank.​

The move effectively defers to the Court to recommend the steps that the UN and countries around the world should take against Israel, whose policies, according to the proposal, amount to an "annexation" of the West Bank territories.​
The General Assembly voted 87-26 with 53 abstentions on the resolution, with Western nations split but virtually unanimous support in the Islamic world — including Arab states that have normalized relations with Israel — and backing from Russia and China. The United States, Britain and Germany opposed the resolution, while France abstained.​
Speaking ahead of the vote, the Israeli ambassador, Gilad Erdan, called the resolution "a moral stain on the UN." "No international body can decide that the Jewish people are occupiers in their own homeland."​

The words of Zechariah speak loud. Chapter 12…

12 The burden of the word of the Lord for Israel, saith the Lord, which stretcheth forth the heavens, and layeth the foundation of the earth, and formeth the spirit of man within him. 2 Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem. 3 And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.
All of the above begs the question - if these were not real Jews as an actual people group gathered back to their ancient homeland and at the heart of controversy, why give the prophecy to them at all? It is interesting that opposition to their existence is as much a part of what is revealed as are the plans to regather them in the last days.

But why would God bother with them?

Deuteronomy 7
7The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people: 8But because the LORD loved you, and because he would keep the oath which he had sworn unto your fathers, hath the LORD brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you out of the house of bondmen, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt.

As far as I can tell the only reason why God has not finished with Israel is because of His grace and promises. Paul explains this in Romans 11.

Israel’s Rejection Not Total
11 I say then, has God cast away His people? Certainly not! For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. 2 God has not cast away His people whom He foreknew. Or do you not know what the Scripture says of Elijah, how he pleads with God against Israel, saying, 3 “Lord, they have killed Your prophets and torn down Your altars, and I alone am left, and they seek my life”? 4 But what does the divine response say to him? “I have reserved for Myself seven thousand men who have not bowed the knee to Baal.” 5 Even so then, at this present time there is a remnant according to the election of grace. 6 And if by grace, then it is no longer of works; otherwise grace is no longer grace. [a]But if it is of works, it is no longer grace; otherwise work is no longer work.

I find it interesting that understanding the meaning of grace is key to comprehending why God would not give up on a nation who didn’t comprehend their first visitation. Interestingly the speech given by Steven before he was stoned repeatedly referred to “as second time” in relation to God’s dealings with the Jews.

“Do” or “done”, outside-in or inside out?

7E52F22F-7EAB-416B-B4AD-5113089C64B7.jpeg

Last edited:
Youre the only one who misunderstands israel when you call it messianic and claim ezekiel 38 is on its side when its the total opposite.
It is obv you hate islam lol. Thats all it is.

I would back israel if i thought it was righteous by scripture.
I suppose i back messianic israel, the true one..not the false messiah version.

This stuff is extremely complicated. I will be surprised if the UN actually does something good though.

Stucky

Star
This stuff is extremely complicated. I will be surprised if the UN actually does something good though.
There's nothing complicated about it. The zionist entity declared its borders (they try and hide the fact that they declared those 'pesky borders') and unfortunately the 'community of nations', little by little, recognised the gangster settler state INSIDE THOSE DECLARED BORDERS. Every inch of land outside those borders IS Palestine and anything the zionist gangster settler state does to try and alter that is illegal under international law. Unfortunately the U.N doesn't uphold the law. The best they do is to offer up some token resolutions condemning the zionist state.

A Freeman

Superstar
Thanks for the information. You are like a professor. Professor Freeman has a good ring to it. But unlike most of the professors in our corrupt college systems you seem to be telling the truth.
You're welcome. It's nice to be in a position as a student to pass on what has been learned. Agreed about the corrupt college and educational system in general, which is filled with "experts" and "scholars" of things they know little or nothing about.