New Post Approval Time

Cuervo

Rookie
How long does it take for a new post to be approved? I joined the forum and wrote a post on July 20 and it is still pending approval. That's nearly two weeks ago.

Daze

Superstar
Try making another post. If you're able to make threads you should be able to make posts.

You can always tag VigilantCitizen for help if nothing else works. Just put an @ in front of his name. like @Cuervo

EatZeBug

Established

Even though it's not approved yet I was able to add a comment/post and tagged him
Ah, I faced this issue earlier this year when I wanted to start my New Wave/Talking Heads thread. I think you need to go from 'Newbie' to 'Rookie' status by making more replies to other threads (At least a dozen I believe) and getting a few likes before they let you start your own thread. Yeah it was annoying because I had an old account and the password reset wouldn't work for some reason, so I had to start from scratch but you've gotta do what you've gotta do I guess!

Daze

Superstar
Ah, I faced this issue earlier this year when I wanted to start my New Wave/Talking Heads thread. I think you need to go from 'Newbie' to 'Rookie' status by making more replies to other threads (At least a dozen I believe) and getting a few likes before they let you start your own thread. Yeah it was annoying because I had an old account and the password reset wouldn't work for some reason, so I had to start from scratch but you've gotta do what you've gotta do I guess!
Oddly enough he made this thread.

Seems there are bugs here. Like some members get banned and disappear completely, while others get banned and leave everything behind, threads and posts.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cuervo

Rookie
Okay thank you. I'm a long-time VC reader (over 10 years at least) and subscriber, just never signed up for the forum before

Cuervo

Rookie
Well I replied to one other thread the other day, and I've scanned 'new posts' to see if there has been anything else inviting that I might be able and interested in contributing too, but didn't feel spurred or called to anything else. I don't know, is it really necessary for me to make some token posts that aren't really meaningful just to get to a stage where I can start a new thread? I'm not one for lurking forums, have too much else to be occupied with, but might stop in occasionally to check in here, but otherwise it seems probably my thread will never get approved.

I made the thread to question whether a founder of a large up and coming church might be a false prophet as someone I know is into and follows this pastor, and I wanted a place to gather all the research I did on this person, present it for feedback, and also be able to point this person I know to the thread so they could examine it for themselves as I would like to alert them to all the stuff I found. I thought VC forum would be the best place to do this. I understand the forum rules are to vet new members so it doesn't end up being a spamfest. Just thinking aloud here.

Flarepath

Star
Just a guess but I think if somebody posts a thread or a post that upsets some people, they go running to complain to a mod and he puts it on hold til he finds time to 'review' and approve it..:)

Cuervo

Rookie
Just a guess but I think if somebody posts a thread or a post that upsets some people, they go running to complain to a mod and he puts it on hold til he finds time to 'review' and approve it..:)
Seems like was never approved. As soon as I posted there was a message that it was awaiting approval