Non Religion Forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carolyn

Star
Ok I dont want to argue or fall out with anybody over this but is there any chance of a non religious forum on here, there is a specific religious discussion forum on here but it seems like some topics which aren't religious in nature somehow always still end up with some kind of religious discussion or just in general some peoples answer to everything is its all down to god or allah or some other god.

It just feels a bit like overkill sometimes and in some ways it really closes down some discussions. If I (or anybody else) was a devil worshipping pagan who constantly commented with things like "only trusting satan will make you truly happy" and things along those kind of lines am sure Id get warnings for antagonising people and am sure not that many forum users would be too happy about it either so why is it ok to bring so many topics back around to religion. Surely its only fair that those of us who may want to have a discussion about something that doesn't involve religion in one way or another the same as there is a specific forum for people to discuss religion?

Maybe I am being unreasonable but honestly I feel like it just hinders conversations sometimes and if I really wanted to talk about religion in every single aspect of everything else thats discussed on this site I could go and just join a religious site but thats not what I came to this forum for!!??

Ok, should I duck now??

DesertRose

Superstar
To be honest, I want to post on topics in some of the other forums but because the videos or articles come from a religious perspective I withhold them.
So I guess it is all perspective.
I could start a parallel thread in the religious forum I suppose.
I have posted the Saudi regime 2-faced thread in the religious forum despite the fact that it could have gone under the current events forum for this reason.
I am okay with the above suggestion btw,
(I would not know why anyone would have a problem with that.)

Last edited:

LadyNocturna33

Established
I am non religious, and I avoid the religious section. Because the owner of this website is religious, of course the religion section cannot be entirely avoided, nor will it ever be abolished.

I avoid most of the pointless debates, though some crossover to other threads. We have an ignore button if someone keeps up preaching unwarranted to you, so use it.

I do so with much satisfaction.

Haich

Superstar
I think on the whole religion is kept in the religious section but sometimes it leaks into topics which relate to religion or religious people

I agree it can be a nuisance to those who aren't interested in religious perspectives so I'll try to withhold religion from threads which aren't in the religious forum

I'd also like to remind the religious folk that while we are eager to talk about God and spirituality, we can't keep preaching on threads which aren't centred on faith. Let's respect other people's wishes and stop shoving faith down their throats

Whether you duck or not, what will be will be, so don't bother.

Qur'an Chapter 39 (The Groups) Verse 45

When God is mentioned alone, then shudder the hearts of those who believe not in the Hereafter, but when those apart from Him are mentioned behold, they rejoice.

DesertRose

Superstar
well isnt quite as bad as I expected but at the same time its time for me to move on!

All the best to everybody!
Sayonara @Carolyn, till we meet again.....
If you ever come back, please come and play at my "favorite things thread" in the lounge.
I think many of your posts would have been at home there :).

@God_Is_Formless what is ewe? I got the rest but ewe is misplaced.
A female sheep?
I like heaven because there will be no rules:eek::D:p
If I make it.......
I am gonna fly to the different heavens whooosh.......
btw. I mentioned heavens......;)
Lol, it's nothing but random words. But what did you get? I'm rather curious!

And yeah, you're gonna fly down to my heaven and visit me, God Willing, and if your husband permits you to. :p Amen

Status
Not open for further replies.