Palestinian Resistance Launch Major Attack on Israel: What Happened? – LIVE BLOG

Daze

Superstar
the Palestinians are paying really worth it? I don't think so myself!
Because you are attached to this world. You haven't fully realized a better one is waiting.

While it's a poor example, say you got a job where you make $100 a day. A block away, across a river, filled with gators, is a job that pays $100,000.

This 2nd job is promised to you, but you have to swim that river first.
When you lose your "job", ultimately you're getting a massive pay raise.

Of course death / gators isn't pleasant for anyone, but the reality is every single one of us will swim through that river at some point... and not all of us are going to a "pay raise".

Like I said, bad analogy. But know those Palestinians who have left this world are in utter bliss.

These are blessed people, Phipps. But you can't see that because to you, this life is everything.

1718209661504.png

Last edited:

Stucky

Star
Now Palestinians are suffering because Hamas started a fight they cannot win with Israel.
Hamas never "started" the fight. We can't just start counting from Oct 7.

Meanwhile the illuminati Hamas leaders are not the ones losing their loved ones in the war are they?
Actually they have. Haniyeh had three of his sons slaughtered.

As I said in my above post with @Daze, is this price the Palestinians are paying really worth it? I don't think so myself!
Only the Palestinians themselves can answer that question. I have some thoughts on it but my land hasn't been stolen by a brutal oppressor, I'm not being bombed, starved, shot at, or locked up in an open air abattoir. So my thoughts on it are worthless. Maybe a better question would be why are all the "civilised" folks doing nothing about an ongoing Genocide. And will their complicity and or silence be worth it come judgement day? And will "Hamas started it" be a reasonable excuse?

violence + violence will never bring peace.

Many countries have peace even when they were victims because they chose peace over war. This is what Hamas and their supporters have got to understand. They also know they can never win any war with Israel as much as that hurts.
Violence brought peace in Northern Ireland. Compromise came about because of armed resistance Armed resistance hasn't united Ireland, yet, but now Catholics, thanks to armed resistance, are no longer second class citizens living in what was an apartheid statelet. And the day is coming fast when 26 + 6 will = 1 and it will be because of those who initially violently resisted their occupier. So i have to disagree.

I should also have added to the above that it was armed resistance that chased the Brits out of the 26...And that when the Brits were still a superpower

I would also point out that I'm against violence but I understand human nature, I understand resistance and the desire to be free and how that desire will lead to men and women violently resisting their oppressors. Men and women who otherwise would never be violent in normal circumstances. So even though I might not agree with violent resistance, in whole or in part, I will not condemn those who choose to take up the gun against tyranny.

Last edited:

Stucky

Star
AJ, (probably pointless posting the tweet)

An Israeli soldier has opened fire on civilians in the Old City in occupied East Jerusalem, injuring four people, Israeli news outlet Kann has reported.

MEE,

Obviously emboldened by the UN report.

Israel social media account declares 'there are no innocent civilians' in Gaza
An official account representing Israel on social media platform X shared a video on Tuesday claiming "there are no innocent civilians" in Gaza.

The claim appeared within a post accusing Palestinian civilians of involvement in the Hamas-led attacks on southern Israel on 7 October and of harbouring captives taken by the group during the assault.

"We need to talk about the elephant in the room," the post starts, before continuing: "Many Gazan civilians participated in the horrific events of 7 October. It is also reported that Gazan civilians held Israeli hostages captive in their homes. The world must condemn this in the strongest terms."

In the video accompanying the statement, former captive Mia Shem is heard saying, "There are no innocent civilians there" - a quote that is repeated in bold font in the video's captions.

Stucky

Star
More than 60% of Gazans report losing family members in the current war on Gaza, but two-thirds of the public continue to support the October 7 attack, and 80% believe it put the Palestinian issue at the center of global attention. About half of Gazans expects Hamas to win the war and return to rule the Gaza Strip; a quarter of Gazans expects Israel to win. Increased demand for the resignation of President Abbas is accompanied by a rise in Hamas’ and Marwan Barghouti's popularity. Increased support for armed struggle is accompanied by a drop in support for the two-state solution; more than 60% support the dissolution of the PA

phipps

Star
@Stucky

Hamas never "started" the fight. We can't just start counting from Oct 7.
Was there a war going on like this one where Israel had to retaliate by going into Gaza and fighting with Hamas by land, sea and air?!

Actually they have. Haniyeh had three of his sons slaughtered.
I didn't say all the leaders but not most of them right?

Only the Palestinians themselves can answer that question. I have some thoughts on it but my land hasn't been stolen by a brutal oppressor, I'm not being bombed, starved, shot at, or locked up in an open air abattoir. So my thoughts on it are worthless. Maybe a better question would be why are all the "civilised" folks doing nothing about an ongoing Genocide. And will their complicity and or silence be worth it come judgement day? And will "Hamas started it" be a reasonable excuse?
The Palestinians who support Hamas will never publicly state that what they did to start this current war was wrong even though they know it is.

I agree that many people in power, the media and countries have kept quiet and were/are complicit in what Israel did in Palestine over the decades since 1948. They will have to answer to God.

However right now the Palestinians want a ceasefire. They know things can't go on like this for another eight months but they have to realise that because of what Hamas did on Oct 7th, Israel was always going to retaliate like this. Do I agree with the retaliation? No but I was not surprised that is what Israel did.

Violence brought peace in Northern Ireland. Compromise came about because of armed resistance Armed resistance hasn't united Ireland, yet, but now Catholics, thanks to armed resistance, are no longer second class citizens living in what was an apartheid statelet. And the day is coming fast when 26 + 6 will = 1 and it will be because of those who initially violently resisted their occupier. So i have to disagree.
But still there was compromise and the violence stopped eventually. Negotiations took place that led to the Good Friday Agreement.

What if the Irish decided not to move on what from what the English had done to their people for centuries? What if they bred hate in the next generations to the point that there was continuous war to this day just like Hamas do in Palestine?

I don't know what will happen in the future but is war worth it for the 26+1 to become 1? I doubt it very much.

I should also have added to the above that it was armed resistance that chased the Brits out of the 26...And that when the Brits were still a superpower
Okay but the English had a home to go back to. Israel is the country of the Israeli people and they are not going anywhere. Palestine is not going to fight the Israeli and kick them out of their country whether they think they belong there or not. They are never going to wipe Israel off the map and exterminate all the Jews. That is never gong to happen. So should the violence continue for another 7/8 decades?

Palestine not Israel are going to have everything go their way for peace to happen. They have to negotiate and compromise and they are both going to give up some things for that to happen. Israel got out of Gaza and maybe they can compromise on other things including allowing the Palestinians to rule themselves completely but that won't happen under Hamas. Hamas want it all their way or nothing at all. Do they have any regard for the Palestinians at all?

I would also point out that I'm against violence but I understand human nature, I understand resistance and the desire to be free and how that desire will lead to men and women violently resisting their oppressors. Men and women who otherwise would never be violent in normal circumstances. So even though I might not agree with violent resistance, in whole or in part, I will not condemn those who choose to take up the gun against tyranny.
So you think Hamas are justified for what happened on the 7th of October? Do you think its okay for Hamas to kidnap, r*pe and murder people? Personally I believe that just as its wrong for Israel to do those things, its wrong for Hamas to do them too.

So I guess we will always disagree on this point.

Last edited:

Maldarker

Star
@Stucky

Was there a war going on like this one where Israel had to retaliate by going into Gaza and fighting with Hamas by land, sea and air?!

The Palestinians who support Hamas will never publicly state that what they did to state this current war was wrong even though they know it is.

I agree that many people in power, the media and countries have kept quiet and were/are complicit in what Israel did in Palestine over the decades since 1948. They will have to answer to God.

However right now the Palestinians want a ceasefire. They know things can't go on like this for another eight months but they have to realise that because of what Hamas did on Oct 7th, Israel was always going to retaliate like this. Do I agree with the retaliation? No but I was not surprised that is what Israel did.

But still there was compromise and the violence stopped eventually. Negotiations took place that led to the Good Friday Agreement.

What if the Irish decided not to move on what from what the English had done to their people for centuries? What if they bred hate in the next generations to the point that there was continuous war to this day just like Hamas do in Palestine?

I don't know what will happen in the future but is war worth it for the 26+1 to become 1? I doubt it very much.

Okay but the English had a home to go back to. Israel is the country of the Israeli people and they are not going anywhere. Palestine is not going to fight the Israeli and kick them out of their country whether they think they belong there or not. They are never going to wipe Israel off the map and exterminate all the Jews. That is never gong to happen. So should the violence continue for another 7/8 decades?

Palestine not Israel are going to have everything go their way for peace to happen. They have to negotiate and compromise and they are both going to give up some things for that to happen. Israel got out of Gaza and maybe they can compromise on other things including allowing the Palestinians to rule themselves completely but that won't happen under Hamas. Hamas want it all their way or nothing at all. Do they have any regard for the Palestinians at all?

So you think Hamas are justified for what happened on the 7th of October? Do you think its okay for Hamas to kidnap, r*pe and murder people? Personally I believe that just as its wrong for Israel to do those things, its wrong for Hamas to do them too.

So I guess we will always disagree on this point.
Wait for the hate... I have said same thing but the HAMAS lovers are going to come at you hard. (not realizing that the government named hamas means violence what a great name for a ruling body not?) And guess what they give and got is VIOLENCE. Ironic not?

phipps

Star
Wait for the hate... I have said same thing but the HAMAS lovers are going to come at you hard. (not realizing that the government named hamas means violence what a great name for a ruling body not?) And guess what they give and got is VIOLENCE. Ironic not?
They can hate and come at me all they want but they must know by now that Hamas is not good for Palestine nor do they care at all for the people of Palestine. If they did, they would never have carried out the 7th October attacks which have culminated in more Palestinian suffering and killings than before the attacks.

Maldarker

Star
They can hate and come at me all they want but they must know by now that Hamas is not good for Palestine nor do they care at all for the people of Palestine. If they did, they would never have carried out the 7th October attacks which have culminated in more Palestinian suffering and killings than before the attacks.
IKR makes sense not? But yet you have the idiots like stucky daze etc heads so far up their arses that well they believe their own crap. I have said the same thing why have a government like hamas in charge that causes the populous angst not betterment. Show the world you care for your people make them outshine zee J 3 w s in spite of the supposed oppression but nope. Its nothing but using the people for optics to make Israel look like jack booted thugs. And im not a fan of either regimes but one is definetely not for its people if you can't see that your delusional

Stucky

Star
The "war" has been ongoing for over 76 years. Israel has been slaughtering Gazans from land, sea, and air for years. For example, during a "ceasefire" the Israeli navy decided to do this,

That was 17 years and 4 months before Oct 7 2023.

Maybe I've misunderstood or maybe you weren't clear enough but here's what you said,

Meanwhile the illuminati Hamas leaders are not the ones losing their loved ones in the war are they?
The Palestinians who support Hamas will never publicly state that what they did to start this current war was wrong even though they know it is.
Again, the war has been ongoing for over 76 years. The "war" never started on Oct 7. Palestinians were being slaughtered in the days leading up to Oct 7. So my q to you is, why aren't you blaming Israel for starting the "war" ?

However right now the Palestinians want a ceasefire.
Hamas have been offering a ceasefire for months. For months Israel and netanyahu have rejected the ceasefire proposal which would have freed all civilian hostages. Currently there's more discussion about a ceasefire but we will have to wait and see how this one plays out.

There was compromise and negotiation because of the armed resistance. Without the armed resistance there would have been no compromise, no negotiations and no cessation of the violence.

The Irish didn't "breed hate". The Irish didn't hate the english for centuries because they were english. The Irish didn't take up armed resistance because they are are bloodthirsty english hating people. It was the english who bred the hate. It was the english who bred the armed resistance and "war". It was the english who were the blood thirsty monsters. Now all you have to do is replace Irish with Palestinian and english wit zionist.

Okay but the English had a home to go back to. Israel is the country of the Israeli people and they are not going anywhere.
No! Israel is an illegal entity. There is no basis in IL for the state of Israel to exist on Palestinian land. Now don't go confusing that statement with "no Jews" on Palestinian land.

You don't keep up to date do you? Hamas have offered to accept a Palestinian state next to an Israeli state (if Israel accepted that then it would cease to be an illegal entity) on the pre June 1967 borders. Arafat accepted, more or less, a Palestinian state next to an Israeli state (if Israel accepted that then it would cease to be an illegal entity) during the Oslo talks. Abbas, at the UN, accepted a Palestinian state on 22% of historic Palestine (if Israel accepted that then it would cease to be an illegal entity) . Meanwhile, during all those proposals Israel continued to steal more land. Meanwhile, in Sept of last year, the prime minister of Israel turned up at the UN with a map that wiped Palestine clean off the map. That was at the UN not some local yokel extremist settler gathering. When Israel withdrew the squatters from Gaza ( their presence in Gaza was a war crime) they expanded illegal settlement activity in the West Bank. Now tell me, who is it that has made the concessions and who is it that wants to wipe the other from the face of the map?

Did you just make that up? I think you just made that up as i clearly stated that I was against violence.

EDIT: Talking about leaders who refuse to listen to the people....and this has been ongoing for months,

AJ,

Israeli protesters call for ceasefire, captive release

Relatives of Israeli captives still in Gaza have called for PM Netanyahu’s resignation following the government’s inability to establish a ceasefire and have their family members released.
“We have the same deal on the table since, I guess, the beginning,” Nimrod Shachar, a protester, said.
“Netanyahu must gain some courage and insist that he is going to retrieve all the hostages. And if, in order to return them, we need to stop the war and have a ceasefire, let’s have it.”
Protesters had their hands painted red and were carrying pictures of the captives during a demonstration in Tel Aviv.
“I hope that for this time, it [ceasefire talks] won’t be a disappointment like last time or the time before that,” Shahar Mor Zahiro, whose uncle Abraham Munder is a captive, said.
“We already had like six or seven cycles of hope and despair. But what can we do? We are clinging on to any hope there is.”

Israel’s government ‘destructive, disastrous’

Former Israeli deputy chief of staff Yair Golan has called for Netanyahu’s resignation, criticising the government’s handling of the release of 120 captives.
“I think we should have already reached a deal when four [Israeli forces] divisions were in Gaza, and that happened four to five months ago,” Golan, chairman of the Labor Party, told the Israeli daily Maariv.
“I don’t know if we missed the opportunity, but there is no doubt that we missed the best conditions,” he said, adding that the government is “mainly busy with its personal interests”.
“We cannot enter into another war in the north, which will probably be more difficult, cruel and prolonged than the current one, without the State of Israel being led by a government that the people trust.
“This government is a destructive government, a disastrous government … it is not normal for a country to go to war with a government that the people do not trust.”

Last edited:

phipps

Star

This article was written last year on the same day Hamas attacked Israeli civilians. I agree with it in terms of what Hamas is doing to the Palestinian people. One thing has been very clear to me since this latest war began in the middle east, Hamas doesn't care what happens to Palestinian people. And one does not have to be an Israeli government supporter and/or Zionist to agree with this article. I will quote parts of it below.

Today’s coordinated attack on Israeli civilians by Hamas is not about protecting Palestinian civilians. It’s about degrading and dehumanizing Jewish people. Let’s be very clear about that.

This is not about keeping Palestinian children safe. This is not about preventing further violence against Palestinians. This is not about freedom for the Palestinian people. This has nothing to do with liberation.

Hamas has decided to attack innocent Israeli civilians because they are self-serving terrorists who exploit others’ suffering as a vehicle for their unrelenting antisemitism.

Nothing is to be gained for innocent Palestinians from these cowardly actions by Hamas, and they know that.
This is about hatred of Jewish people and a denial of Israel’s right to exist and a rejection of their rumored, historic peace deal with Saudi Arabia, and it is an astonishing moral failure for anyone to suggest otherwise.

It is completely absurd on the part of some to take advantage of the sheer complexity of this horrific conflict to justify the intentional targeting of civilians. You can criticize the Israeli government and not be antisemitic. You can speak out against Netanyahu’s atrocious leadership without being anti-Israel.

But you cannot justify the intentional murder of civilians with criticism of the Israeli government.

There is no rationalizing this. There is no moral basis for it. There is no nuance to be found here, however much some might wish there were.

Hamas has never cared about human rights. They have never cared about freedom. They do not care about the Palestinian children whose trauma they are attempting to weaponize for hateful ends.

My heart breaks for the countless Israeli families whose lives were shattered today, and yet, it is abundantly clear that those who will suffer most for this cowardly attack are innocent Palestinian civilians.

In one fell swoop, Hamas has placed innocent Palestinians in grave, imminent danger for no more reason than their hate-fueled incompetence. They are intentionally using innocent civilians as shields while they carry out their senseless acts of violent bigotry against Jewish people.

Whatever happens next, it is clear that children and the elderly will suffer most, and it is obvious that Hamas is at peace with that.

Last edited:

Stucky

Star
You can criticize the Israeli government and not be antisemitic. You can speak out against Netanyahu’s atrocious leadership without being anti-Israel.

But you cannot justify the intentional murder of civilians with criticism of the Israeli government.
Weird. Israel has been targeting civilians for its entire existence. So by that logic, in the interests of "fairness",

...you cannot justify the intentional murder of civilians with criticism of the Hamas government.