Quotes

DesertRose

Superstar
"None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. They feed them on falsehoods till wrong looks like right in their eyes."

"Why look for conspiracy when stupidity can explain so much"

"Nothing is more disgusting than the majority: because it consists of a few powerful predecessors, of rogues who adapt themselves, of weak who assimilate themselves, and the masses who imitate without knowing at all what they want."

"We do not have to visit a madhouse to find disordered minds; our planet is the mental institution of the universe".

"Nine requisites for contented living: Health enough to make work a pleasure. Wealth enough to support your needs. Strength to battle with difficulties and overcome them. Grace enough to confess your sins and forsake them. Patience enough to toil until some good is accomplished. Charity enough to see some good in your neighbor. Love enough to move you to be useful and helpful to others. Faith enough to make real the things of God. Hope enough to remove all anxious fears concerning the future."

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Last edited:

Nikōn

Veteran
We only need to bring a clear principle into political judgments. If the threat of war causes the United States to commit the major part of the excess to military manufactures, it will be useless to still speak of a peaceful evolution: In actual fact, war is bound to occur. Mankind will move peacefully toward a a general resolution of its problems only if this threat causes the U.S. to assign a large share of the excess -deliberately and without return -to raising the global standard of living, economic activity thus giving the surplus energy produced an outlet other than war. It is no longer a matter of saying that the lack of disarmament means war; but American policy hesitates between two paths: Either rearm Europe with the help of a new lend-lease, or use, at least partially, the Marshall Plan for equipping it militarily. Disarmament under the present conditions is a propaganda theme; by no means is it a way out. But if the Americans abandon the specific character of the Marshall Plan, the idea of using a large share of the surplus for nonmilitary ends, this surplus will explode exactly where they will have decided it would. At the moment of explosion it will be possible to say that the policy of the Soviets made the disaster inevitable. The consolation will be not only absurd but false as well. It needs to be stated, here and now, that, on the contrary, to leave war as the only outlet for the excess of forces: produced is to accept responsibility for that result. It is true that the USSR is putting America through a difficult trial. But what would this world be like if the USSR were not there to wake it up, test it and force it to "change"?
I have presented the inescapable consequences of a precipitous armament, but this in no way argues for a disarmament, the very idea of which is unreal. A disarmament is so far from being a possibility that one cannot even imagine the effects it would have. To suggest that this world be given a rest is fatuous in the extreme. Rest and sleep could only be, at best, a preliminary to war. Only a dynamic peace answers a crying need for change. It is the only formula that can be opposed to the revolutionary determination of the Soviets. And dynamic peace assumes that their resolute determination will maintain the threat of war; it means the arming of opposite camps.

- Georges Bataille (from the book "The Accursed Share" which is part of a series of books about escaping Capitalism)

DesertRose

Superstar
“Cleaners have a dark side, and a zone you can’t enter.
They get what they want, but they pay for it in solitude. Excellence is lonely.
They never stop working, physically or mentally,
because it gives them too much time to think about what they’ve had to endure and sacrifice to get to the top.”
― Tim S. Grover,
Relentless: From Good to Great to Unstoppable​

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
The Christian says, 'Creatures are not born with desires unless satisfaction for those desires exists. A baby feels hunger: well, there is such a thing as food. A duckling wants to swim: well, there is such a thing as water. Men feel sexual desire: well, there is such a thing as sex. If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world. If none of my earthly pleasures satisfy it, that does not prove that the universe is a fraud. Probably earthly pleasures were never meant to satisfy it, but only to arouse it, to suggest the real thing. If that is so, I must take care, on the one hand, never to despise, or to be unthankful for, these earthly blessings, and on the other, never to mistake them for the something else of which they are only a kind of copy, or echo, or mirage. I must keep alive in myself the desire for my true country, which I shall not find till after death; I must never let it get snowed under or turned aside; I must make it the main object of life to press on to that country and to help others to do the same.

C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

DesertRose

Superstar
"Knowledge is not what is memorized. Knowledge is what benefits "
"Without knowledge, action is useless and knowledge without action is futile. "
Islamic quotes
“Don't let your learning lead to knowledge. Let your learning lead to action.”

― Jim Rohn

Last edited:

DesertRose

Superstar
"There is a Coda to this whole business.

I write it because I don’t believe in ringing lots of alarm bells and leaving people with nothing but fear.

From personal experience, and 83 years of living, I know that people have an extraordinary ability to outlast elite insanity, no matter what.
Our faith, desire for freedom, creative force, resistance, outrage, immortal refusal to give in; these are the core of a story that has been unfolding for centuries and millennia.

This story goes beyond the forces arrayed against us. Regardless of the machinations brought to bear on humanity; regardless of claims that “there is no way out,” we find ways.
We’re told: WELL, NO ONE CAN REMAIN HEALTHY IN THE FACE OF THAT. “That” is the latest psychotic experiment in which we are the non-voluntary subjects.

But many people do retain their strength, through their inner resources and their overriding faith, and their absolute refusal to knuckle under.
Believe that, don’t believe it; it’s real.
Permanent victimhood is not our destiny.
It never was, it never will be.

Sitting at the big table, shove in all your chips on that decision.
If you do, you’re in a community that has strengths no technocrat or secret society can begin to conceive of.

It’s not over. It’s never over. Time is very long.

We are the cure.

This is the war.
Blogger John Rappoport