Quotes

Tidal

Star
"Just make up your mind at the very outset that your work is going to stand for quality... that you are going to stamp a superior quality upon everything that goes out of your hands, that whatever you do shall bear the hall-mark of excellence." - Orison Swett Marden (1850-1924)

"Luck has a peculiar habit of favouring those who don't depend on it" - Anon

"There is no more noble occupation in the world than to assist another human being, to help someone succeed"- Alan Loy McGinnis (1933-2005)

"A person without a sense of humour is like a wagon without springs, jolted by every pebble on the road"- Henry Ward Beecher

"If somebody says something ain't a clear-cut black and white thing, I say Why the hell not?"- John Wayne

"If you hang around with losers you become a loser"- Donald Trump

"Personality opens doors, and character keeps them open"- Lord Alan Sugar

“Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for ‘tis better to be alone than in bad company”- George Washington

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maldarker

Star
With great power comes great responsibility! - Stan Lee

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men... -Lord Acton

DesertRose

Superstar
“The secret of change is to focus all of your energy not on fighting the old, but on building the new” -Socrates

“You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination.” -Ralph Marston

DesertRose

Superstar
This is the central illusion in life: that randomness is a risk, that it is a bad thing …“

"Love without sacrifice is like theft“

:The psychologist Gerd Gigerenzer has a simple heuristic. Never ask the doctor what you should do. Ask him what he would do if he were in your place. You would be surprised at the difference“

"Heroes are heroes because they are heroic in behavior, not because they won or lost.“

"They think that intelligence is about noticing things are relevant (detecting patterns); in a complex world, intelligence consists in ignoring things that are irrelevant (avoiding false patterns)“

— Nassim Nicholas Taleb, book Antifragile: Things That Gain from Disorder

"People with new ideas, people with the faintest capacity of saying something new are extremely few in number, extraordinarily so in fact".

"Everything passes, only truth remains".

- Fyodor Dostoyevsky

“When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from those who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favours - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work and your laws don’t protect you against them but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed.”

- Ayn Rand

"I am a Canadian, a free Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship God in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.”

- John George Diefenbaker, Bill of Rights and Freedoms 1960

Last edited: