Science, Technology, Humanity ( "4th Industrial Revolution," Computer/Digital Technology, AI, VR, AR, Robotics, Biotechnology, Transhumanism, Economy)

e-Enoch

Superstar
Enoch, My son who is in high school tells me at least half the kids he knows are on some form of pharmaceutical drugs now.
There are the ADH drugs that are really legal meth.
The opioids that are really legal heroin.
And then the depression and anxiety drugs.
Then on top of that the doctors prescribe gabapentin which gives you a stronger high combined with the other drugs.
My husband who is in the medical field is amazed at how many of his coworkers are taking prescription medication for anxiety and depression. Quite a lot of people I know are also taking prescription sleeping pills.
The pandemic without a doubt got many more people on prescription medications who were never on anything,
Not to mention more people using marijuana and abusing alcohol.
It's so disheartening on so many levels.
Indeed, it's so deeply disheartening... The bad effects of the "pandemic" are lingering... and more people are "trying to cope" even in unhealthy ways...

Praying... for God's mercies, comfort, and healing...we all need the Lord more than ever...

e-Enoch

Superstar
My first post...a year ago today...Happy to have joined the VC Forum...

Last edited:

Lucy

Star
My first post...a year ago today...Happy to have joined the VC Forum...

Happy Anniversary Enoch!
I am glad you joined also!
I have learned a lot from your posts!

Simka

Established
Very interesting thread. I don't know how I missed it. Thanks for sharing lots of useful information. Several months ago I became interested in machine learning and A. Having surfed the Internet and read various articles, I was surprised and impressed by how such technology is used and what it is supposed to do in the nearest future. Though it is still hard to believe there will be spheres where people are completely replaced by AI.

Last edited:

e-Enoch

Superstar
Very interesting thread. I don't know how I missed it. Thanks for sharing lots of useful information. Several months ago I became interested in machine learning and A. Having surfed the Internet and read various articles, I was surprised and impressed by how such technology is used and what it is supposed to do in the nearest future. Though it is still hard to believe there will be spheres where people are completely replaced by AI.
Thanks for finding this thread interesting and useful. :)
The development of technology is mind-boggling! While we are aware of how useful it is...it's equally shocking how some people choose to utilize it to hurt the very existence of humanity... Nonetheless, we need to continually equip ourselves with knowledge... :)

e-Enoch

Superstar
Deepfake Technology...

e-Enoch

Superstar

redqueen

Superstar
seems even the ai is fond of the one eye symbolism
there is a lot hidden in this video as well,interesting
watch though