Soul defilement

nodnoc

Rookie
Words of Wisdom 1

God, please grant me the serenity, to accept the things that I can not change; the courage, to change the things that I can change; and the Wisdom, to always know the difference between the two.
I learned this when I first got clean I’m 2018 and I still say it to myself when I wake up and when I go to bed. It’s the only positive thing I got out of NA which definitely is a cult :p

femaletrouble

Rookie
I learned this when I first got clean I’m 2018 and I still say it to myself when I wake up and when I go to bed. It’s the only positive thing I got out of NA which definitely is a cult :p
Lol, you're totally right. I didn't need a coin and an attaboy...for 1 day of sobriety . I quit drinking on my own after I nearly died from it. A good incentive to quit was when the doctor straight up said if I kept drinking i would die. And I was on the cusp of wet brain. it's been about 3 years now.

"It works if you work it!"

A Freeman

Superstar
There's no shortage of cults on this planet ("you make the Commandments of God of no effect by your traditions"), but the words of wisdom still apply because of the truth contained therein. Most probably never consider just how much they're trying to control others instead of simply learning to control their own "self".

nodnoc

Rookie
Lol, you're totally right. I didn't need a coin and an attaboy...for 1 day of sobriety . I quit drinking on my own after I nearly died from it. A good incentive to quit was when the doctor straight up said if I kept drinking i would die. And I was on the cusp of wet brain. it's been about 3 years now.

"It works if you work it!"
Glad you’re clean too- “just for today!” XD

Last edited:

nodnoc

Rookie
There's no shortage of cults on this planet ("you make the Commandments of God of no effect by your traditions"), but the words of wisdom still apply because of the truth contained therein. Most probably never consider just how much they're trying to control others instead of simply learning to control their own "self".
Very true. Most are well meaning and you can learn from anyone, even if it’s what not to do. On an interesting note, look at the AA logo on their sobriety chips, it’s always creeped me out. “To thy own self be true” is very similar to “do what thou wilt”

Attachments

redqueen

Superstar
We were given FreeWill from Our Light
We make the choices of whether Your
gonna be Good/evil

We're meant to learn what both
can bring to our Soul/Light and
decide which is for Ya as no one else
can make the choice even when there
is no choice We still choose with our
FreeWill