The Carnivore Diet

free2018

Star
I hope it won't get to boring.
You have some good advice for some groundbeef recipes? Ground beef without tomato sauce seems a bit dull, but oh well. I'll take not being hungry all the time over more tasty food, if it really works. Guess I'll find out :D
I am still not 100 percent. I am probably 55 percent 60. That said I have been thinking about being “large and in charge” during the twilight years.

That’s enough for me right now.
Eventually I will go 100 percent and I know I will have to add a lot of fish.

MR BEAN

Rookie
Ground beef may be pretty hard to maintain on carnivore. Its incredibly bland. I tried to begin with it, but quickly went off, because it just got too boring. I suppose you could make a burger patty out of it. Mustard is no carb and pickles are almost no carb. Its a blur between keto and carnivore tho when considering those two items, because technically they arent animal products but still virtually no carbs.

My favorite cuts of meet were chicken drumsticks baked with butter as the coating and pork shoulder steaks(not chops). I baked those too. I incorporated eggs with bacon ends and pieces into the diet as well with ms dash and butter.

Grass fed butter and real salt are your friends, and ghee. Depending on how carnivore you want to get you could do what I did and consume coffee, heavy cream, and coconut oil as breakfast. Tons of fat and no carbs. Its very important to stay off carbs on this diet.

Jordan Peterson only ate steak and salt for his autoimmune problems if I remember right, which is known as the lion diet. Kudos to him, because as much as I love a ribeye steak I would not want to eat it every night.
I'm not sure yet if I wanna go keto or carnivore, right now i'm doing carnivore.
I'm guessing if I start to add up to 50 g of carbs some days and other days no carbs, there won't be any issues with going between carnivore and keto meals?

MR BEAN

Rookie
Anyway, it's going pretty well.
Already on day 2 I woke up and wasn't very hungry. Didn't expect it to go this fast.
Ate about 3 hours later and had another meal 8 hours later.
I'm craving sugar drinks though. I used to drink Ice tea or soda way to much. Like it was pretty much all I drank.
Even if I don't stick to carnivore/keto I will go on untill I kick this addiction, and then I will at least have layed of the sugar drinks

Lurking009

Veteran
I hope it won't get to boring.
You have some good advice for some groundbeef recipes? Ground beef without tomato sauce seems a bit dull, but oh well. I'll take not being hungry all the time over more tasty food, if it really works. Guess I'll find out :D
Tasty low carb things to put on burgers or steaks:
- Strong blue or roquefort cheese
- Aioli - yum!
- Herb butter
- Sour cream [sounds bland but it's actually pretty satisfying]
- White or brown cream sauces such as mushroom, hunter [jaeger], garlic, onion, etc.

Lurking009

Veteran
My brother went on an all meat diet and while he did lose some weight he developed something called gout which caused him a lot of pain. So then he got a prescription for oxycodone and started taking those. I think keto is kind of a gimmicky diet and I notice it is always high priced. To me just eating meat or being a strict vegan are just two sides of an extremist coin. Moderation in all things I think is best. Avoiding GMO is important. I eat no sugar at all and avoid high sodium. Never liked coffee. I never eat eggs. While I guess diabetes is real it seems another way to program people by the medical establishment. I haven't been to a doctor in over twenty years and never trusted them before Covid and trust them even less now.
Well, there is such a thing as going overboard, as it sounds like your brother did. Low-carb/ketogenic can be a balanced diet with a wide variety of proteins, lots of vegetables, seeds/nuts, healthy fats, etc. which I highly recommend.

For many people, it has helped reverse diabetes and other blood sugar issues, treated seizures/epilepsy and ADHD, and reduced high blood pressure and high cholesterol while increasing HDL. It's also being researched as a help for/prevention of alzheimers, dementia and other brain disorders. It's not just a weight loss thing, and it's been heavily studied and researched for at least 50 years.

So... while it may not be for you, which I totally respect, it's definitely not a gimmick.

Last edited:

Lyfe

Star
I'm not sure yet if I wanna go keto or carnivore, right now i'm doing carnivore.
I'm guessing if I start to add up to 50 g of carbs some days and other days no carbs, there won't be any issues with going between carnivore and keto meals?
Well try both and see what works for you. Carnivore can be hard to maintain long term cause you begin to miss certain foods and meat and eggs get repetititve. My sister has done both and she says she prefers carnivore cause it helped her lose weight while she struggled with keto. Carnivore is zero carb which means you can basically consume as much fat and protein as you like, because the carbs arent there to spike appetite hormones that always keep you snacking. Your body also doesnt have to work to metabolize carbs so it goes straight to metabolizing fat and protein that will keep you full and not snacking for hours. You cant overconsume fat or protein on carnivore to an unhealthy point, because your body will let you know when your full and you will just stop eating and wont be hungry for hours. On carnivore you notice cravings go away and you arent always hungry so it makes it easier for allot of people.

Whether on keto or carnivore I would just stick to quick and easy meals. No fancy meal preps that take up all your time. Baking meats and bacons is easiest.

Right now I am doing more of a keto regimen. I did an avacado and banana, coconut milk, coconut oil, mct oil, smoothie in morning. Skipped lunch and made an omelette with cheese, grassfed butter, onions, and tomatoes for dinner. It is all under 50 net carbs. If you get hungry you can just add more coconut oil to morning smoothie. You can get away with the banana in that kind of smoothie and the blood sugar spike isnt so aggressive because its blended with fats so its more of a gradual spike keeping bloodsugar at reasonable levels.

MR BEAN

Rookie
Well try both and see what works for you. Carnivore can be hard to maintain long term cause you begin to miss certain foods and meat and eggs get repetititve. My sister has done both and she says she prefers carnivore cause it helped her lose weight while she struggled with keto. Carnivore is zero carb which means you can basically consume as much fat and protein as you like, because the carbs arent there to spike appetite hormones that always keep you snacking. Your body also doesnt have to work to metabolize carbs so it goes straight to metabolizing fat and protein that will keep you full and not snacking for hours. You cant overconsume fat or protein on carnivore to an unhealthy point, because your body will let you know when your full and you will just stop eating and wont be hungry for hours. On carnivore you notice cravings go away and you arent always hungry so it makes it easier for allot of people.

Whether on keto or carnivore I would just stick to quick and easy meals. No fancy meal preps that take up all your time. Baking meats and bacons is easiest.

Right now I am doing more of a keto regimen. I did an avacado and banana, coconut milk, coconut oil, mct oil, smoothie in morning. Skipped lunch and made an omelette with cheese, grassfed butter, onions, and tomatoes for dinner. It is all under 50 net carbs. If you get hungry you can just add more coconut oil to morning smoothie. You can get away with the banana in that kind of smoothie and the blood sugar spike isnt so aggressive because its blended with fats so its more of a gradual spike keeping bloodsugar at reasonable levels.
Yeah I've already discovered that.
Before after I ate it would be 2-4 hours before I was really hungry again. (disclaimer: I also ate a lot of bad proccesed oven food)
Now it's like 8 hours, and i'm not so hungry as I feel like I have to eat, it's more like .. Sure, I could eat now.
But the cravings for sugar drinks are bad.
I bought a drink today with zero sugar and carbs but with sweeteners today. It also has coffeine.
It's probably not very good. I drank just a bit of it, and I almost felt like a "high" after 2 days on carnivore.
I hope it won't mess up something

MR BEAN

Rookie
I've more on keto now.
Got a bit hard to stick only to meat and eggs for me, maybe I'll try again later.
For now I eat one meal with up to 20g carbs. Usually tomato/broccoli
Had to give up onions, to many carbs, but trying out spring onions.
And number 2 meal is only meat/eggs.
Seems easy enough to not have to count carbs to much when you only do one keto meal a day.

I have figured out a way to eat whenever I want and not gain weight and believe it or not exercise can make you gain weight. I don't eat sugar or drink coffee. I like eating meat sometimes but couldn't eat it all the time which I think is unhealthy. I haven't eaten an egg in years. Best way to lose weight: don't eat.

Lyfe

Star
Carnivore is an efficient detox and healing diet when done right. If you have autoimmune problems or heart issues its very powerful. I also have slouched back into low carb territory. I got sick of eating nothing but meat and eggs lol.

Carnivore is an efficient detox and healing diet when done right. If you have autoimmune problems or heart issues its very powerful. I also have slouched back into low carb territory. I got sick of eating nothing but meat and eggs lol.
Are all carbs bad? I eat a lot of good quality honey which has carbohydrates. Also I eat oatmeal and wheat germ. The worst thing I think is pasta which I no longer eat. Also I graze instead of eating a lot at once and try to eat only when I'm hungry. I really don't understand why people eat so much sugar. With xylitol and monk fruit sweetener there is no need to eat sugar. In 2017 I lost about 95 . I didn't follow any certain diet plan but I learned to weigh portions and not eat certain things. I went without eating too which was tough but got used to it. If you lose a pound or two a day it adds up. I weigh myself everyday because I never want to have to lose a lot of weight again. There are a lot of people that try and take advantage of overweight people with all kinds of diets. I didn't listen to anybody just figured it out myself.

Lyfe

Star
Are all carbs bad? I eat a lot of good quality honey which has carbohydrates. Also I eat oatmeal and wheat germ. The worst thing I think is pasta which I no longer eat. Also I graze instead of eating a lot at once and try to eat only when I'm hungry. I really don't understand why people eat so much sugar. With xylitol and monk fruit sweetener there is no need to eat sugar. In 2017 I lost about 95 . I didn't follow any certain diet plan but I learned to weigh portions and not eat certain things. I went without eating too which was tough but got used to it. If you lose a pound or two a day it adds up. I weigh myself everyday because I never want to have to lose a lot of weight again. There are a lot of people that try and take advantage of overweight people with all kinds of diets. I didn't listen to anybody just figured it out myself.
No not all carbs are bad. I believe carnivore diet is more for people trying to detox or with autoimmune and individuals who want to heal their body. Its an extreme diet.

Refined carbs are the ones generally warned against. Complex carbs are good like oatmeal quinoa and brown rice. The rule is though the more carbs you consume the hungrier you will be which leads to snacking and overeating.

Lyfe

Star
I was doing keto for a few days then got back to eating and drinking carbs again. Instantly felt tired with brain fog so I am trying to limit carbs to 50g max per day again.
Im doing smoothies and they really help when you combine things higher in carbs like bananas with protein and fat. There is not as drastic of insulin spike when carbs are mixed with protein and fat.

Chia seeds in smoothies really help too since they are virtually 0 net carbs and have allot of fiber. Today I did a hemp protein, chia seed, cacao powder, and sea salt smoothie with hemp seed oil and mct oil. Idk if its considered keto but its like 0 net carbs and very filling. Allot of electrolytes too in that smoothie. Hemp yeah max protein powder and chia seeds are loaded with magnesium and potassium, plus the sea salt for sodium.

free2018

Star
Working slowly towards full carnivore. I recently got caught up eating too much bread. I eat way better than I use to, but I am still eating too much sugar. I eat grains and fruit once a day everyday. I take supplements.

The limited carnivore I have been doing has lessened the aches and the bloating from wanton carbs and sugar.

Working slowly towards full carnivore. I recently got caught up eating too much bread. I eat way better than I use to, but I am still eating too much sugar. I eat grains and fruit once a day everyday. I take supplements.

The limited carnivore I have been doing has lessened the aches and the bloating from wanton carbs and sugar.
I am curious how much bread you have been eating. You can find bread that has no sugar. What exactly is a wanton carb. Also wasn't there some freak diet that said to eat only carbs?