The Greek Neopagans.

Mr. Blah

Veteran

How could they, the Greek neopagans, reject Christianity?

Do they think that Greek religion are "better" than Judeo-Christian religion?
Do they choose to be Greek pagans because they are Greeks by blood ("Back to ancient tribal roots")?

Mr. Blah

Veteran
One of my Chinese friends converted from Christianity to Chinese polytheism.

The reason: "Back to our tribal identity and culture". :D

Mr. Blah

Veteran
Is it for one of your articles Mr. Blah?
No, I'm just asking questions.
Curious what are in their heads.
Curious why the Father doesn't draw them to Him (John 6:44).

And you sound like you're a bit angry at me. :D

Camidria

Veteran
No, I'm just asking questions.
Curious what are in their heads.
Curious why the Father doesn't draw them to Him (John 6:44).

And you sound like you're a bit angry at me. :D
Lol no I am also just curious ;)

Karlysymon

Superstar
One of my Chinese friends converted from Christianity to Chinese polytheism.

The reason: "Back to our tribal identity and culture". :D
Well, iam not suprised by that (nor the video). They aren't any different from these Druids

I ,too, have noticed a trend; while the middle-class is gripped by a surging interest in shamanism, elsewhere around the world, many are returning to the 'faith of their fathers'.....not the spiritual fathers (Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and Moses)

LadyNocturna33

Established
Well, iam not suprised by that (nor the video). They aren't any different from these Druids

I ,too, have noticed a trend; while the middle-class is gripped by a surging interest in shamanism, elsewhere around the world, many are returning to the 'faith of their fathers'.....not the spiritual fathers (Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and Moses)
Their spiritual fathers are indeed druids. That's the original religion of the United Kingdom. Abraham etc belong to Middle Eastern and Semetic people.

The bible has been brought there by the sword, not by a guy falling to from the sky and plopping on their soil.

Good on the Greeks that they are returning to their origins too.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I have obviously come across the move to return to the "old ways" in various guises, and have seen missionary activity presented as oppression on indigenous cultures....

Which is why I found the contents of a book I read recently quite shocking - here is the description:

That's What the Old Ones Say
Pre-Colonial Revelations of God to Native America

A revealing book of intriguing stories told by elders from different First Nations Tribes about The Creator, His Son, Native End-Times Prophecies, Revelations & more.

Many of these traditional stories have been told for generations at Ceremonial Grounds, Stomp Arbors, Powwow Grounds, and private family gatherings tucked away deep on tribal lands. I was honored and humbled to be able to sit and learn these old stories from elders hailing from many First Nations tribes. Comanche, Dineh, Apache, Anishinabe, Aztec, Cherokee, Creek, Cheyenne, Lakota, and Mohawk are a few of the tribes whose elders shared their beautiful stories with me. I listened eagerly to these accounts that were passed down from generation to generation while understanding filled my spirit and I was asked to pass these stories along to the next generation.

These are stories that were told before missionary contact and I realized with each story that I listened to I had heard them before…not from my tribe but from another ancient tribe who has left an impacting legacy on the earth with the greatest story ever told within a book called The Bible.

The Creator planted the seed in my heart to write this book as a way to help build the bridge of reconciliation between the nations. You might laugh, cry, sing for joy or wail from the deepest parts of your soul. Betrayal, love, reconciliation, unity, sacrifice, joy, peace, history, archaeology, science, the perseverance of the human spirit and the longing for Creator to heal our land and broken hearts. A longing for our spirit to be uplifted from the only One who can give us Hope in the face of utter defeat and despair.

I was humbled being entrusted with hearing these stories and was given permission to retell them so they can be shared with the world. Seneco Kakona (Many Blessings). - Chief Joseph RiverWind

Their spiritual fathers are indeed druids. That's the original religion of the United Kingdom. Abraham etc belong to Middle Eastern and Semetic people.

The bible has been brought there by the sword, not by a guy falling to from the sky and plopping on their soil.

Good on the Greeks that they are returning to their origins too.
actually no
the saxons and other nordic groups invaded Britain with violence...and then they converted to christianity.
Likewise the romans converted to Christianity, not by the sword.

Kung Fu

Superstar
actually no
the saxons and other nordic groups invaded Britain with violence...and then they converted to christianity.
Likewise the romans converted to Christianity, not by the sword.
How did the Romans bring Christianity to others after their "conversion"?

What about the Natives of America under the Spaniards or the Jews during the Inquisition where the Muslims had to protect them because they were being forced to convert or die basically?

Last edited:

Kung Fu

Superstar

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
How did the Romans bring Christianity to others after their "conversion"?
An interesting question, the answer depends on the way you spin it..

One narrative would have Christianity as an insignificant movement until championed by the Romans for political gain.

Another view would say that there was rapidly growing Christianity in the region before the conversion of Constantine, and that for a period of time the Roman Empire became a means by which the message of the Gospel was accelerated across the then known world.

Likely there were elements of both going on but we can't go back to check these facts...

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
@Mr. Blah...

"How could they, the Greek neopagans, reject Christianity?"

Part of a wider narrative here, Mr Blah...

I watched this one - it contained a good selection of the popular esoteric themes frequently highlighted by VC and in this forum.