The LIVE CHAT thread

Maes17

Superstar
Sooooo, can anybody shine any light on this one then?

I was under the impression that VC was based in Canada, working alone.

The fact that this address is listed as a Sinister Site by VC himself from an article a few years ago as posted by @DavidSon would make you think they didn't have an office there, but according to this they do.

Why would VCF be listed as operating from a Federal building in the USA with over 25 employees with a multi million dollar turnover?

Has it been organisationally cloned do you think?

I shall utilise the musical skills of an old band called Oasis to convey my feelings on the matter at this time.

Oooh. Hey!

Now this is popcorn material

JoChris

Superstar
Put your popcorn away Maes, the topic obviously isn't controversial enough.

It got exactly the response I expected.....tumbleweed.
Maybe VC started out solo then expanded over time, not letting on that it had become a business.
I was curious if QAnon was friends with VC, if they borrowed information from each other or if it was only clickbait articles.

DavidSon

Star
Put your popcorn away Maes, the topic obviously isn't controversial enough.

It got exactly the response I expected.....tumbleweed.
Getting back to you in the moment I actually feel better(?) about the site. I was thinking about it and the address listed as the IRS headquarters must be a joke. It doesn't seem possible a federal agency would lease out space for a social media company.

You've made great points about the bots here which are strange. Checking the current activity there are 30 bots in different subs. What are they doing? :D They seem to really like the "Transgender in K-pop" thread lol. Is it normal for forums to be crawled like this? My guess is yes it is.

https://vigilantcitizenforums.com/online/?type=robot

As you said earlier such is the day and age. The forum is hosted by XenForo and I poked around their site, read some of the history, etc. There are price ranges to the packages offered and I realized this could be why I've had trouble with the search bar here. With all the talk of AI art, chat GPT, AI policing and governance, I think the race for "AI supremacy" (against the West's arch enemy China haha) is speeding up. We're just here to feed Big Tech's language models and algorithms. Hey at least our computer overlords will have a sense of humor (and know how to make terrific fried-rice).

Awoken2

Superstar
Maybe VC started out solo then expanded over time, not letting on that it had become a business.
Hmmm if this was the case and the details of the listing are correct it states that VCF is turning over $5 million a year so why would they be needing donations from members?

I was curious if QAnon was friends with VC, if they borrowed information from each other or if it was only clickbait articles.
I don't think QAnon is a person. I think it's more of a network that's controlled by a few operators. I don't see any other connections personally.

Awoken2

Superstar
Getting back to you in the moment I actually feel better(?) about the site. I was thinking about it and the address listed as the IRS headquarters must be a joke. It doesn't seem possible a federal agency would lease out space for a social media company.
Well that's what I thought also but the listing has a disclaimer at the bottom stating that if any of the details are incorrect they can be removed....and they haven't been. I'm sure VC must be aware of this listing and if it is some type of joke or fake entry then I'm surprised as to why he hasn't removed it.

You've made great points about the bots here which are strange. Checking the current activity there are 30 bots in different subs. What are they doing? :D They seem to really like the "Transgender in K-pop" thread lol. Is it normal for forums to be crawled like this? My guess is yes it is.
I'm not sure of their purpose here but the activities they carry out daily are slightly concerning. The checking of posters profiles for instance, what data are they searching for exactly?
I do think that bots are posting to keep certain topics current and to keep other topics hidden. That's how this place flows now generally.

As you said earlier such is the day and age. The forum is hosted by XenForo and I poked around their site, read some of the history, etc. There are price ranges to the packages offered and I realized this could be why I've had trouble with the search bar here. With all the talk of AI art, chat GPT, AI policing and governance, I think the race for "AI supremacy" (against the West's arch enemy China haha) is speeding up. We're just here to feed Big Tech's language models and algorithms. Hey at least our computer overlords will have a sense of humor (and know how to make terrific fried-rice).
I guess the only way of finding out anything about that listing is by asking VC himself, so that's what I'll do.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Maes has a cool new pic! 14 pages deep... its an interesting experieiment which is yeilding interesting results. At its own pace lol, but nonetheless.

Awoken2

Superstar
These satirical videos from over 20 years ago are now used as training material for all modern day politicians.

What was once classed as parody is now more of a social commentary on where we've ended up.

Awoken2

Superstar
I've got a question for @Daze

I'm sure I read here that you have experience in running a forum, is this right?

If so, I want to ask you what you know about shadow banning? Do you know if it's the uploader or the platform itself that controls who sees what?

Any light you could throw on this topic would be appreciated.

Edit. I'm referring to shadow banning on platforms such as YT not forums like this one.

Daze

Superstar
I've got a question for @Daze

I'm sure I read here that you have experience in running a forum, is this right?

If so, I want to ask you what you know about shadow banning? Do you know if it's the uploader or the platform itself that controls who sees what?

Any light you could throw on this topic would be appreciated.

Edit. I'm referring to shadow banning on platforms such as YT not forums like this one.
I ran some forums a long time ago. I still have emails from it dating back in 2010.

aog.jpg

So it was a pretty long time ago. I'm sure alot has changed.

For you to get shadow banned it would have to be someone high up the chain. Someone working at google for example would have the tools.

For what its worth, unless you have like 20,000 followers they are not gonna mess with you. Algorithms might censor content, but a person won't get involved.

Keep in mind YT has alot of bugs. such as getting unsubscribed from people or comments being broken. Like you might see 3 or 4 but it will say 10-20 comments.

You don't always get notifications . You can go to an old comment and see a dozen replies and never received a notice for any. But this doesn't mean you are limited, it's just bad programming.

Its not just youtube, I've seen it happen on twitter too. Just because you're not being notified doesn't mean no one is engaging with your content.

Awoken2

Superstar
For you to get shadow banned it would have to be someone high up the chain. Someone working at google for example would have the tools.

For what its worth, unless you have like 20,000 followers they are not gonna mess with you. Algorithms might censor content, but a person won't get involved.
OK well from my own experience I've found this not to be the case at all. My YouTube channel was targeted about 4 years ago after a specific occurrence.

The Grenfell Tower public Inquiry was airing live on it's own channel, I had been following the developments of this after finding a few abnormalities in the reporting of it on the msn. The live stream had it's comments turned off on all streams so public debate over what was being discussed was censored.

On one particular day the comments were actually on so I took the opportunity to point out what I had found. The message was responded to by a London Firefighter before getting removed completely.

From this point on my channel name got cloned and I was shadow banned from all content on YouTube. Now my channel was never ever big, it had 22 subs tops. I never meant it to get big because I didn't have the technical knowledge to upload content so I was no threat whatsoever in the grand scheme of things. Despite this there was either a person at YT or a computer erasing my comments. This went on for over two years until a period where I was totally banned, this just involved my comments disappearing upon posting not even being visible to me. I never received any type of warning from YT about any rule breaking.

Shadow banning is the most nefarious way of censorship as it tries to con the poster into thinking he's just being ignored. If all they can offer you is a dopamine reward for recognition then this is all they can take away. This is the psychology of it.

But why monitor and censor just a single ordinary guy, a concerned citizen? There are far bigger fish to be concerned about making a lot more noise than I ever was.

I've recently been able to leave a comment on YT on one channel but still shadow banned on the same day on another channel so it appears that whatever is monitoring me is making decisions if I'm visible or not dependent on the channel itself.

It's creepy as, to be honest.

OK well from my own experience I've found this not to be the case at all. My YouTube channel was targeted about 4 years ago after a specific occurrence.

The Grenfell Tower public Inquiry was airing live on it's own channel, I had been following the developments of this after finding a few abnormalities in the reporting of it on the msn. The live stream had it's comments turned off on all streams so public debate over what was being discussed was censored.

On one particular day the comments were actually on so I took the opportunity to point out what I had found. The message was responded to by a London Firefighter before getting removed completely.

From this point on my channel name got cloned and I was shadow banned from all content on YouTube. Now my channel was never ever big, it had 22 subs tops. I never meant it to get big because I didn't have the technical knowledge to upload content so I was no threat whatsoever in the grand scheme of things. Despite this there was either a person at YT or a computer erasing my comments. This went on for over two years until a period where I was totally banned, this just involved my comments disappearing upon posting not even being visible to me. I never received any type of warning from YT about any rule breaking.

Shadow banning is the most nefarious way of censorship as it tries to con the poster into thinking he's just being ignored. If all they can offer you is a dopamine reward for recognition then this is all they can take away. This is the psychology of it.

But why monitor and censor just a single ordinary guy, a concerned citizen? There are far bigger fish to be concerned about making a lot more noise than I ever was.

I've recently been able to leave a comment on YT on one channel but still shadow banned on the same day on another channel so it appears that whatever is monitoring me is making decisions if I'm visible or not dependent on the channel itself.

They don't like concerned citizens?

Daze

Superstar

Im mostly sure its bugs man. For near 3 years now, if YT doesn't like you then they just up and delete. They've done this to 10s of 1000s.

Awoken2

Superstar
Im mostly sure its bugs man. For near 3 years now, if YT doesn't like you then they just up and delete. They've done this to 10s of 1000s.
Hmmmm, so you think it's bugs that have been shadow banning me for the last few years,?

Interesting.

(Wanders off again...this time, dazed and confused)

Daze

Superstar
Hmmmm, so you think it's bugs that have been shadow banning me for the last few years,?

Interesting.

(Wanders off again...this time, dazed and confused)
I've used youtube since 2010. Probably longer but this is when i actually made an account because they started requiring one to comment.

I've seen videos that say "20 comments" but only show 3 or 4.
I've been unsubscribed from non-controversial channels.
I've made comments to return years later and seen 100's of replies and 1000's of likes with ZERO notifications.
I see alot of "bugs" on the platform.

Currently i have 516 subscriptions on youtube.

1692985506352.png

Know how many uploads i see a day?

Now.. about 5- 10, maybe 15 on a good day. This is largely due to self censorship and axed voices. For sure there are deleted channels amongst my subs, i just haven't been through them lately.

I used to get 50 uploads a day easily. The vast majority of my subscriptions being "conspiracy theory" channels. The kind of content youtube started cracking down on in 2015 with "ad-apocalpyse".

With every passing year it has only gotten worse. Today they ax you without rhyme or reason or even a notice. I can give many examples for this.

The con-vid scam ended a year ago, didn't it? Not according to censortube.

dlux.jpg

Why shadow ban you when they can just get rid of you?

1692986473449.png

When they have deleted channel after channel after channel why does anyone think they will play games anymore?

They are nefarious as hell. But needing to "limit" you has went the way of the dinosaur.

Awoken2

Superstar
Why shadow ban you when they can just get rid of you
When they have deleted channel after channel after channel why does anyone think they will play games anymore?
They are nefarious as hell. But needing to "limit" you has went the way of the dinosaur.
These are the questions I wanted answers on. As I've already explained I am currently being shadow banned. I can evidence this, it isn't open to debate so you're theory about YT just shutting people down doesn't apply in my case.

I'm well aware of the huge censorship apparatus that have been implemented to control social media platforms, I've watched it all unfold myself but to still be shadow banning certain individuals, which they are, just proves that free speech is now totally prohibited on these platforms.