The opioid epidemic

Lucy

Star

My friend's daughter age 34 just died of an opioid overdose.
She leaves behind a 10 year old daughter.
This is extremely heartbreaking for me on a personal level because she was best friends with my daughter growing up together.
This opioid epidemic has affected almost every family in my community.

And this article sums up what is happening in our cities here in America..

redqueen

Superstar
I'm sorry for Your pain Lucy I will keep
Ya and Yours in my thoughts,Heart and Prayers

this epidemic/pandemic was so bad before the
divoc,the last few yrs have only compounded the
issues,those who getting Help/support lost it in an
instant so ended up reusing for all different kinds of
reasons
I do believe this was started on purpose by tptb
they gave so many Peoples the opiates(synthesized versions)
for one reason or another and then when they Knew they
had enough hooked they pulled the rug out by stopping
the medication on them which I Know so many in my town
who were dr perscibed for 20yrs that were just left to suffer

some turned to drugs from the street that they normally would
never have even thought of using because the withdrawal is
so bad and they are terrified to go into a treatment centre for Help
because they don't want their family/friends society to think they
are junkies

such an awful word even to use for Peoples
who are in pain physical/mental just needing
proper help without the labels that have been
created for them

it seems like this cancer of opiates has spread across
the World specially Canada/USA and if it wasn't made to
seem like the Peoples suffering were "bad" because they're
using these drugs and instead We put the blame on those who
caused it maybe it wouldn't be as bad as it is and We wouldn't
be losing those We love

KeeBee

Oddly I agree with the notion in this article of “harm reduction” because at the end of the day if people are going to use then it’s better to at least try to prevent the death and I don’t think shaming them for using is helping but hurting possibly.

On the other side drug addiction is shameful and hurtful and destructive. So is minimalizing it equally destructive? What about people or teens that aren’t using yet reading this? Will this make them more prone to use? A lot of thoughts with this but I feel like money should be put to healing the core of WHY people use and in most cases it’s deep rooted mental emotional issues.

Daze

Superstar
It's nation wide really. That is prescription drugs being an epidemic.

I come from a small town, roughly 3000 people. About to the point where you seemingly knew everyone by name. The guy at the market, the guy at the gas station, you knew them personally. Probably went to school with their kids.

In this small town I remember when i was a teenager getting high was the cool thing to do. Its something nearly everyone actively pursued at 16, 17 years old. What can you expect though with role models like 2pac and Biggie? The late 90's glamorized the "high" life. While most i knew used pot, you could easily come across a variety of drugs. Scripts were easy to get due to there only being a few doctors and all of them put profit before health.

Maybe around the time i was 17, 18 i tried acid once. It didn't do anything. It was most likely fake. But being ignorant back then the next time i come across some i took 2 hits at once. Genius right? No tolerance what so ever but i took a massive dose. This was the beginning of a 3 day nightmare. I didn't enjoy a single second of it, just scared out of my wits for a good 70 hours. The things i saw affected me for a good year after. Obviously my drug use came to a dead stop. I tried pot, but it just brought the acid trip back. So i gave up on drugs completely.

Looking back today, my reaction was a blessing because i used to use "gateway drugs" back then. Such as pot or silly things like caffeine pills. I forget what they called them, mini thins? Anyway, whatever to get a buzz.

While most i knew back then, today they have been destroyed by drugs. Many are addicted to meth now and prescriptions in my home town. My closest friend back then, my cousin, died last year at 40 years old from a heart attack. Knowing him it was from drug use (not the vax). Had i not freaked out on the acid odds are pretty high I'd be in the same seat as him today because I pretty much did everything he did.

My old situation is pretty much nation wide, all the kids are looking to rebel while the alphabet agencies are pumping in a steady supply of drugs. Media and music industry playing their part with the glorification of intoxicants.

It doesn't really matter what you're into. It is easy to come across. The only way to be safe from it is to know the dangers of it before hand, or by the mercy of God, have a reaction like i did.

50k deaths per million is roughly 5%. This is a high death rate with a population of 330 million. While the chart is 7 years old i assume a higher death count today as the war on drugs is an absolute failure.
1.jpg

America definitely has a problem. To the point where the very water is tainted with pharmaceuticals. This image mentions 2011, so you can be assured this issue is worse as well.
2.jpg

All thanks to the Jewish Sackler family. I've known probably 5 people who died under 30 from their drugs. I read once they were behind the opium wars in China too but I can't find it again.

Frank Badfinger

Superstar
All thanks to the Jewish Sackler family. I've known probably 5 people who died under 30 from their drugs. I read once they were behind the opium wars in China too but I can't find it again.

This might be what you were looking for.

This might be what you were looking for.

That’s interesting, but what I heard was that they were behind the opium crisis in China in the 19th- mid 20th century that led to two wars

FilthPig

Veteran
That’s interesting, but what I heard was that they were behind the opium crisis in China in the 19th- mid 20th century that led to two wars
As i remember it - British were pushing opium to chinese against their will. The 2 opium wars were pretty much chinese fighting back against the drug pushers.
Thats why chinese today are flooding the west with fentanyl - they see it as an historical revenge.

Lucy

Star
I'm sorry for Your pain Lucy I will keep
Ya and Yours in my thoughts,Heart and Prayers

this epidemic/pandemic was so bad before the
divoc,the last few yrs have only compounded the
issues,those who getting Help/support lost it in an
instant so ended up reusing for all different kinds of
reasons
I do believe this was started on purpose by tptb
they gave so many Peoples the opiates(synthesized versions)
for one reason or another and then when they Knew they
had enough hooked they pulled the rug out by stopping
the medication on them which I Know so many in my town
who were dr perscibed for 20yrs that were just left to suffer

some turned to drugs from the street that they normally would
never have even thought of using because the withdrawal is
so bad and they are terrified to go into a treatment centre for Help
because they don't want their family/friends society to think they
are junkies

such an awful word even to use for Peoples
who are in pain physical/mental just needing
proper help without the labels that have been
created for them

it seems like this cancer of opiates has spread across
the World specially Canada/USA and if it wasn't made to
seem like the Peoples suffering were "bad" because they're
using these drugs and instead We put the blame on those who
caused it maybe it wouldn't be as bad as it is and We wouldn't
be losing those We love
Thanks for your thoughts and prayers redqueen.
I really appreciate them.
And you nailed it with your response. That is exactly what happened.

Lucy

Star
It's nation wide really. That is prescription drugs being an epidemic.

I come from a small town, roughly 3000 people. About to the point where you seemingly knew everyone by name. The guy at the market, the guy at the gas station, you knew them personally. Probably went to school with their kids.

In this small town I remember when i was a teenager getting high was the cool thing to do. Its something nearly everyone actively pursued at 16, 17 years old. What can you expect though with role models like 2pac and Biggie? The late 90's glamorized the "high" life. While most i knew used pot, you could easily come across a variety of drugs. Scripts were easy to get due to there only being a few doctors and all of them put profit before health.

Maybe around the time i was 17, 18 i tried acid once. It didn't do anything. It was most likely fake. But being ignorant back then the next time i come across some i took 2 hits at once. Genius right? No tolerance what so ever but i took a massive dose. This was the beginning of a 3 day nightmare. I didn't enjoy a single second of it, just scared out of my wits for a good 70 hours. The things i saw affected me for a good year after. Obviously my drug use came to a dead stop. I tried pot, but it just brought the acid trip back. So i gave up on drugs completely.

Looking back today, my reaction was a blessing because i used to use "gateway drugs" back then. Such as pot or silly things like caffeine pills. I forget what they called them, mini thins? Anyway, whatever to get a buzz.

While most i knew back then, today they have been destroyed by drugs. Many are addicted to meth now and prescriptions in my home town. My closest friend back then, my cousin, died last year at 40 years old from a heart attack. Knowing him it was from drug use (not the vax). Had i not freaked out on the acid odds are pretty high I'd be in the same seat as him today because I pretty much did everything he did.

My old situation is pretty much nation wide, all the kids are looking to rebel while the alphabet agencies are pumping in a steady supply of drugs. Media and music industry playing their part with the glorification of intoxicants.

It doesn't really matter what you're into. It is easy to come across. The only way to be safe from it is to know the dangers of it before hand, or by the mercy of God, have a reaction like i did.

50k deaths per million is roughly 5%. This is a high death rate with a population of 330 million. While the chart is 7 years old i assume a higher death count today as the war on drugs is an absolute failure.
View attachment 75295

America definitely has a problem. To the point where the very water is tainted with pharmaceuticals. This image mentions 2011, so you can be assured this issue is worse as well.
View attachment 75296
Daze, I am so grateful you were able to overcome and never use drugs again.
And sincere sympathy for the loss of your friend and cousin.

From your post you see the opioid epidemic is the real epidemic. I'm sure most of us on the forum know someone or have loved ones who have died or are addicted. Lightseeker, I am sorry for your loss also. To personally know and lose 5 people who have lost their life to drugs is tragic. Most of us do not know 5 who have died as a direct result from COVID.
Not to mention the tragedy of the little children growing up with parents addicted, or with grandparents because their parents died from overdoses or are too addicted to take care of them.
So many lives lost and mostly the young generation.