The Trifaith Initiative - A search for unity or a prototype for a One-World Religion?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Generic-Graphic_-Old-Logo-480x480.jpg

The Tri-Faith Initiative is made up of three Abrahamic faith groups who have chosen to be in relationship together as neighbors on one campus, committed to practicing respect, acceptance and trust. Our three members are of the Jewish, Christian, and Islamic faiths: Temple Israel, Countryside Community Church (UCC), and The American Muslim Institute.

We believe that we are being led together by our God and that we are all called to be a blessing to each other and our community. As far as we know, our shared commons is the only undertaking of its kind. But it’s a big world out there; we celebrate, support, and join in the flow of interfaith work that is practiced all around the globe.

WHAT IS TRI-FAITH?
Tri-Faith Initiative 2018

OUR PRAYER
We, the members of the three Abrahamic faiths —
Judaism, Christianity, and Islam —
impelled by visions of human harmony,
wish to share our grand and mutual heritage,
that is, the belief in, and worship of, One Almighty God.

OUR MISSION
Intentionally co-locating Jewish, Christian, and Muslim houses of worship to promote dialogue, transcend differences, foster acceptance, and build bridges of respect and trust.

OUR VISION
Create an environment that will cultivate interfaith cooperation, enhance human harmony, live a mutual heritage of belief, and worship One Almighty and loving God.

CORE VALUES
ENGAGEMENT – We celebrate and foster multi-faith dialogue and relationships

VISIONARY – We will imagine and work for peace, justice, hope and friendship

COMMITMENT – We strive for innovation in collaboration, research and scholarship

OPEN-MINDED – We are an agent for change to transcend differences

RESPECTFUL – We act with courage of conviction

LEADERSHIP – We are a source of inspiration and an international leader for interfaith relations

“In bringing the three faiths together, each of us is making our own faith, our own belief, our own religion stronger.”
– Dr. Syed Mohiuddin, AMI president

https://trifaith.org

So...

58c.png

Or

contradict.jpg

JoChris

Superstar
View attachment 8247

The Tri-Faith Initiative is made up of three Abrahamic faith groups who have chosen to be in relationship together as neighbors on one campus, committed to practicing respect, acceptance and trust. Our three members are of the Jewish, Christian, and Islamic faiths: Temple Israel, Countryside Community Church (UCC), and The American Muslim Institute.

We believe that we are being led together by our God and that we are all called to be a blessing to each other and our community. As far as we know, our shared commons is the only undertaking of its kind. But it’s a big world out there; we celebrate, support, and join in the flow of interfaith work that is practiced all around the globe.

WHAT IS TRI-FAITH?

OUR PRAYER

OUR MISSION
Intentionally co-locating Jewish, Christian, and Muslim houses of worship to promote dialogue, transcend differences, foster acceptance, and build bridges of respect and trust.

OUR VISION
Create an environment that will cultivate interfaith cooperation, enhance human harmony, live a mutual heritage of belief, and worship One Almighty and loving God.

CORE VALUES

COMMITMENT – We strive for innovation in collaboration, research and scholarship

LEADERSHIP – We are a source of inspiration and an international leader for interfaith relations

“In bringing the three faiths together, each of us is making our own faith, our own belief, our own religion stronger.”

So...

Or

They always want to please people more than God too. They are clearly disobeying the bible in the process.
2 Corinthians 6:14-18
Anyone who denies Jesus is the son of God (God made flesh, second person of the Trinity) is in spiritual darkness. 1 John 5:10-12

elsbet

Superstar
View attachment 8247

WHAT IS TRI-FAITH?

OUR PRAYER

OUR MISSION

OUR VISION

CORE VALUES

So...

Or

I'm going with Prototype.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Two very concise run throughs of why no genuine Christian could possibly join a "Tri-Faith" Initiative...

Last edited:

elsbet

Superstar
The Christian leader of the Tri-Faith group states "We worship the same God in three very different expressions"

Very interesting that their HQ is called...

"Temple Israel"*

View attachment 11321

* @elsbet - I go with "prototype" as well.

I sigh.

There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death.
PROVERBS 14:12

Like the people who want their children to be able to navigate this world in its current state... sounds good on the surface-- even noble-- but I heard not one mention of Christ, and him crucified*.. so it is a social group, at best. Good for networking, career, learning corporate-speak and other things that numb the mind and kill the Spirit.

The language, alone.. e.g. co-locate :rolleyes:

We have no need to compromise our beliefs to get along with people who believe differently. We need only good manners and a good heart. God Jehovah.. takes care of the rest.

*I saw no Baptist representation, though.. :p

JoChris

Superstar
I sigh.

There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death.
PROVERBS 14:12

Like the people who want their children to be able to navigate this world in its current state... sounds good on the surface-- even noble-- but I heard not one mention of Christ, and him crucified*.. so it is a social group, at best. Good for networking, career, learning corporate-speak and other things that numb the mind and kill the Spirit.

The language, alone.. e.g. co-locate :rolleyes:

We have no need to compromise our beliefs to get along with people who believe differently. We need only good manners and a good heart. God Jehovah.. takes care of the rest.

*I saw no Baptist representation, though.. :p
I find it amazing that even learned people like a professor (doesn't say which field) fall for ecumenical propaganda e.g. Jesus of Bible is the same as The "Jesus" of the Q'uran. http://thecripplegate.com/differences-between-the-jesus-of-the-quran-the-jesus-of-the-bible/

What is added even to the Mary story should be enough for any bible-believing Christian to reject Chrislam in disgust. However many undiscerning Christians, churches and organizations are falling for its lies. Google Chrislam and you'll find a lot of big names who put "peace" before Truth. E.g. CHRISLAM archives - Lighthouse Research

P.S. Baptists were the first Christians. Everyone else has departed from the straight-and-narrow path.... ;):D

elsbet

Superstar
I find it amazing that even learned people like a professor (doesn't say which field) fall for ecumenical propaganda e.g. Jesus of Bible is the same as The "Jesus" of the Q'uran. http://thecripplegate.com/differences-between-the-jesus-of-the-quran-the-jesus-of-the-bible/

What is added even to the Mary story should be enough for any bible-believing Christian to reject Chrislam in disgust. However many undiscerning Christians, churches and organizations are falling for its lies. Google Chrislam and you'll find a lot of big names who put "peace" before Truth. E.g. CHRISLAM archives - Lighthouse Research

P.S. Baptists were the first Christians. Everyone else has departed from the straight-and-narrow path.... ;):D
:)

I'm never surprised when the "learned" professors, and the overly educated fall for such things-- who owns the institutions in which they've been marinating, for years?

I agree, though-- friendship with the world is enmity with God, right? It is never (ever) about being unkind... but when we call an unwillingness to tell the Truth unkind, at the risk of others condemnation, I wonder if our priorities are slightly out of whack.This is folly for the (undiscerning) Christians and the Jews. And yes-- the Muslims probably view this, quite accurately, as an opportunity for further prosetelyzation.

Bacsi

Star
View attachment 8247

WHAT IS TRI-FAITH?

OUR PRAYER

OUR MISSION

OUR VISION

CORE VALUES

So...

Or

Crazy people. Religion is a mess. They want to create a mess times three?!

JoChris

Superstar
:)

I'm never surprised when the "learned" professors, and the overly educated fall for such things-- who owns the institutions in which they've been marinating, for years?

I agree, though-- friendship with the world is enmity with God, right? It is never (ever) about being unkind... but when we call an unwillingness to tell the Truth unkind, at the risk of others condemnation, I wonder if our priorities are slightly out of whack.This is folly for the (undiscerning) Christians and the Jews. And yes-- the Muslims probably view this, quite accurately, as an opportunity for further prosetelyzation.
True. The highly educated often become too smart for their own good.

The other factor I bet most people don't have to worry about is loss of prestige, respect, funding and even jobs if they speak/Twitter their true opinion, deep down (like increasingly contract employed academics have to cope with now). Nothing to suggest that academic was "being careful" for those reasons in the blog post but the thought occurred to me any way.

elsbet

Superstar
True. The highly educated often become too smart for their own good.

The other factor I bet most people don't have to worry about is loss of prestige, respect, funding and even jobs if they speak/Twitter their true opinion, deep down (like increasingly contract employed academics have to cope with now). Nothing to suggest that academic was "being careful" for those reasons in the blog post but the thought occurred to me any way.
Good point... proclaim any religion you like-- as long as you leave Christ out of it, you'll be fine, professionally-- and likely fall under protected status. I heard my own boss refer to someone as a 'bible thumper' a few months ago, with a sneer. I felt my eyebrow arch, involuntarily. :p

From your previous post on the Greenbelt Festival, which has a similar ethos to this Tri-Faith thing-- I guess I skimmed over that link :/

The Amal funding was a game-changer,” said Northup...

Attendees will get to know Muslims who may not share their faith, he continued, but still share their values, and with whom they can make “common cause.”

The Common Good” is the theme of this year’s festival, which will give attendees opportunities to get involved with anti-poverty, LGBT, environmental, and other progressive causes..."

Hmm.. eugenics, and the elimination of "undesirables " was also promoted for the benefit of the common good, iirc. This is indoctrination of young people for the purpose of neutralizing any testimony that might lead them to share the Good News with those who probably need to hear it most.. insidious is what it is. Sorry I missed that the first time around.

P.s. I didn't know Baptists were the first Christians-- or maybe I just hadn't considered that they were, quite literally!

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
View attachment 8247

WHAT IS TRI-FAITH?

OUR PRAYER

OUR MISSION

OUR VISION

CORE VALUES

So...

Or

The Muslim end of this tri-faith initiative is a corrupt as any I have ever seen. Moreso even. Its totally out of control.