Thomas Paine quote

A Freeman

Superstar
"I do not believe in the creed professed by the Jewish church, by the Roman church, by the Greek church, by the Turkish church, by the Protestant church, nor by any church that I know of. My own mind is my own church. All national institutions of churches ... appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit." -- Thomas Paine

Alanantic

Star
"I do not believe in the creed professed by the Jewish church, by the Roman church, by the Greek church, by the Turkish church, by the Protestant church, nor by any church that I know of. My own mind is my own church. All national institutions of churches ... appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit." -- Thomas Paine
Makes sense to me.

A Freeman

Superstar
ALL organized religion was created by Lucifer/Satan/Iblis, through the egos of humans, to keep us (souls/spirit-Beings) away from our Creator.

Churches, synagogues, mosques, temples, etc. are places of business, and their sales staff are the spiritually blind priests, pastors, rabbis and imams, etc., all of which and all of whom are repeatedly condemned throughout the Bible and the Koran (Quran). See also 18:66 in the Bhagavad Gita.

18:66 ABANDON ALL VARIETIES OF RELIGION (Enoch 104:8, Jer. 23:1-6, Ezek. 34:1-10, 23, Matt. 6:5-8, Matt. 7:21-27, Acts 7:48, Acts 17:24, Rev. 2:20-23, Rev. 18:4, Sura 7:55, Sura 9:107-111) and just surrender unto Me (Matt. 23:8-10, Luke 9:23, John 10:7-11, 1 Tim. 2:5, Heb. 6:20, Sura 3:45-55, Sura 43:61). I shall deliver you from all sinful reaction (John 1:29, Rev. 1:5). Do not fear (1 John 4:18).

Alanantic

Star
ALL organized religion was created by Lucifer/Satan/Iblis, through the egos of humans, to keep us (souls/spirit-Beings) away from our Creator.

Churches, synagogues, mosques, temples, etc. are places of business, and their sales staff are the spiritually blind priests, pastors, rabbis and imams, etc., all of which and all of whom are repeatedly condemned throughout the Bible and the Koran (Quran). See also 18:66 in the Bhagavad Gita.

18:66 ABANDON ALL VARIETIES OF RELIGION (Enoch 104:8, Jer. 23:1-6, Ezek. 34:1-10, 23, Matt. 6:5-8, Matt. 7:21-27, Acts 7:48, Acts 17:24, Rev. 2:20-23, Rev. 18:4, Sura 7:55, Sura 9:107-111) and just surrender unto Me (Matt. 23:8-10, Luke 9:23, John 10:7-11, 1 Tim. 2:5, Heb. 6:20, Sura 3:45-55, Sura 43:61). I shall deliver you from all sinful reaction (John 1:29, Rev. 1:5). Do not fear (1 John 4:18).
Oh, c'mon, Religions are simply Man's attempt at understanding the universe. It's commendable, actually. But, because the Soul's attention is mostly taken up by being mortal creatures, we become unconscious of being a Soul! But, now we're coming to a new Age. Spirit is waking us up.
The religions are like blind men describing an elephant, one feels it's side and say it's like a wall, another feels it's trunk and says it's like a snake, The leg is like a tree, the tail, a rope. Now, this is great! Maybe if they put all their Truths about this "Godly" beast together, they may get a better idea of what an elephant truly is. Unfortunately, they've been squabbling about who's Truth is believable for millennia. But, I think we've come to a point we soon we're going to put our differences aside.

A Freeman

Superstar
Yes, a great spiritual awakening is happening now (as prophesied), which includes awakening to the TRUTH that ALL organized religions were created by Lucifer/Satan/Iblis, who uses them and them and their spiritually blind priests, pastors/shepherds, rabbis and imams, etc., to keep people away from God

From The King Ruler of the Universe via His Prophets and Messengers about ALL organized religions (Talmudic Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, Taoism, etc.), their deceitful places of business (churches, synagogues, mosques, temples, etc.), and their staff of spiritually blind con-artists, who are leading their unwitting(?) followers TO THEIR DESTRUCTION:

Jeremiah 23:1-6
23:1 Woe be unto the pastors that destroy and scatter the sheep of My pasture! saith the "I AM".
23:2 Therefore thus saith the "I AM" God of Israel against the pastors that feed My people; Ye have scattered My flock, and driven them away, and have not visited them: behold, I will visit upon you the evil of your doings, saith the "I AM".
23:3 And I will gather the remnant of My flock out of all countries where I have driven them, and will bring them again to their folds; and they shall be fruitful and increase.
23:4 And I will set up shepherds over them which shall feed them: and they shall fear no more, nor be dismayed, neither shall they be lacking, saith the "I AM".
23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the "I AM", that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute Judgment and Justice in the earth.
23:6 In his days* Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this [is] his name whereby he shall be called, THE "I AM" OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

His Days = Christ's Second Coming

Ezekiel 34:1-10, 23
34:1 And the Word of the "I AM" came unto me, saying,
34:2 Son of man, prophesy against the shepherds of Israel, prophesy, and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord "I AM" unto the Levites; Woe [be] to the shepherds of Israel that do feed themselves! should not the shepherds feed the flocks?
34:3 Ye eat the fat, and ye clothe you with the wool, ye kill them that are fed [the Prophets]: [but] ye feed not the flock.
34:4 The diseased have ye not strengthened, neither have ye healed that which was sick, neither have ye bound up [that which was] broken, neither have ye brought again that which was driven away, neither have ye sought that which was lost; but with force and with cruelty have ye ruled them.
34:5 And they were scattered, because [there is] no shepherd: and they became meat to all the beasts of the field, when they were scattered.
34:6 My sheep wandered through all the mountains, and upon every high hill: yea, My flock was scattered upon all the face of the earth, and none did search or seek [after them].
34:7 Therefore, ye Levites, hear the Word of the "I AM";
34:8 [As] I live, saith the Lord "I AM", surely because My flock became a prey, and My flock became meat to every beast of the field, because [there was] no shepherd, neither did My shepherds search for My flock, but the Levites fed themselves, and fed not My flock;
34:9 Therefore, O ye Levites, hear the Word of the "I AM";
34:10 Thus saith the Lord "I AM"; Behold, I [am] against the shepherds; and I will require My flock at their hand, and cause them to cease from feeding the flock; neither shall the shepherds feed themselves any more; for I will deliver My flock from their mouth, that they may not be meat for them.

34:23 And I will set up One shepherd over them*, and he shall feed them, [even] My "Well-Beloved" servant; he shall feed them, and he shall be their shepherd.

*One shepherd over them = The One Good Shepherd: Christ, during His Second Coming

Matthew 6:5-8
6:5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt NOT be as the hypocrites [ARE]: for they love to pray standing in the churches and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen by men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward (they have been seen by men, but God will not answer them).
6:6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and WHEN THOU HAST SHUT THY DOOR, pray to thy Father in private (Enoch 56:5; Sura 7:55); and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly (by answering you).
6:7 But when ye pray, use NOT vain repetitions, as the heathen [DO]: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.
6:8 Be NOT ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, BEFORE ye ask Him.

Acts 7:48 Howbeit the Most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,

Acts 17:24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that He is Lord of heaven and Earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

Sura 4:142. The Hypocrites - they think they are over-reaching God, but He will over-reach them: when they stand up to prayer, they stand without earnestness, to be seen by men (Matt. 6:5), only little do they hold God in remembrance;

Sura 7:55. Call on your Lord with HUMILITY and in PRIVATE (Enoch 56:5; Matt. 6:6): for "I AM" loveth not those who trespass beyond bounds.

Sura 9:107-111
9:107. And there are those who put up mosques (churches; synagogues; etc.), by way of mischief and BETRAYAL - to disunite the Believers - and in preparation for one who warred against "I AM" (Revelation 12:7) and His Messenger aforetime. They will indeed swear that their intention is nothing but good; but "I AM" doth declare that they are certainly LIARS.
9:108. NEVER stand thou forth therein. There is an Holy Place (Mt. Moriah) whose foundation was laid from the first day on piety; it is more worthy of the standing forth (for prayer) therein. In it are men who love to be purified; and "I AM" loveth those who make themselves pure.
9:109. Which then is best? - he that layeth his foundation on piety (a Rock - Matthew 7:24-27) to "I AM" and His Good Pleasure? - or he that layeth his foundation on an undermined sand-cliff ready to crumble to pieces? And it doth crumble to pieces with him, into The Fire of Hell. And "I AM" guideth not people that do wrong (if they are doing wrong Satan is guiding them).
9:110. The foundation of those who so build is never free from suspicion and shakiness in their hearts, until their hearts are cut to pieces. And "I AM" is All-Knowing, Wise.
9:111. "I AM" hath purchased from the Believers their persons and their goods; for theirs (in return) is The Garden (of Bliss): they fight in His Cause, and slay and are slain: a promise binding on Him in Truth, through The Law (The Torah), The Gospel (New Testament/Covenant), and The Koran: and who is more faithful to His Covenant (in the Bible) than "I AM"? Then rejoice in the bargain which ye have concluded (to fulfill The Covenant of "I AM" written in the Bible): that is the achievement supreme.

Sura 33:33. And stay quietly IN YOUR HOUSES (Sura 9:107-111), and make not a dazzling display, like that of the former Times of Ignorance (Sura 4:142, Sura 7:55); and establish constant Prayer (1 Thes. 5:17), and give regular Charity (Matt. 6:1-8); and obey "I AM" and His Messenger. And "I AM" only wishes to remove all abomination from you, ye Members of the Family, and to make you pure and spotless (Matt. 5:8).

Sura 107:5-6
107:5. Who are neglectful of their Prayers,
107:6. Those who (want only) to be seen (by men - Matt. 6:5),

Isaiah 3:12 [As for] My people, children [are] their oppressors, and women rule over them. O My people, they which lead thee cause [thee] to err, and lead thee astray, TO THY DESTRUCTION.

Thomas Paine had it right, but the message from God fell on spiritually deaf ears (and spiritually blind eyes) yet again.

There's nothing "commendable" about blindly following a bunch of made-up lies and religious superstitions, rather than the truth. In fact, it's a recipe guaranteed to end in the "second death" for anyone foolish enough to follow them: the death of one's true, spiritual self (the soul) in The Fire.

Alanantic

Star
Yes, a great spiritual awakening is happening now (as prophesied), which includes awakening to the TRUTH that ALL organized religions were created by Lucifer/Satan/Iblis, who uses them and them and their spiritually blind priests, pastors/shepherds, rabbis and imams, etc., to keep people away from God

From The King Ruler of the Universe via His Prophets and Messengers about ALL organized religions (Talmudic Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, Taoism, etc.), their deceitful places of business (churches, synagogues, mosques, temples, etc.), and their staff of spiritually blind con-artists, who are leading their unwitting(?) followers TO THEIR DESTRUCTION:

Jeremiah 23:1-6
23:1 Woe be unto the pastors that destroy and scatter the sheep of My pasture! saith the "I AM".
23:2 Therefore thus saith the "I AM" God of Israel against the pastors that feed My people; Ye have scattered My flock, and driven them away, and have not visited them: behold, I will visit upon you the evil of your doings, saith the "I AM".
23:3 And I will gather the remnant of My flock out of all countries where I have driven them, and will bring them again to their folds; and they shall be fruitful and increase.
23:4 And I will set up shepherds over them which shall feed them: and they shall fear no more, nor be dismayed, neither shall they be lacking, saith the "I AM".
23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the "I AM", that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute Judgment and Justice in the earth.
23:6 In his days* Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this [is] his name whereby he shall be called, THE "I AM" OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

His Days = Christ's Second Coming

Ezekiel 34:1-10, 23
34:1 And the Word of the "I AM" came unto me, saying,
34:2 Son of man, prophesy against the shepherds of Israel, prophesy, and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord "I AM" unto the Levites; Woe [be] to the shepherds of Israel that do feed themselves! should not the shepherds feed the flocks?
34:3 Ye eat the fat, and ye clothe you with the wool, ye kill them that are fed [the Prophets]: [but] ye feed not the flock.
34:4 The diseased have ye not strengthened, neither have ye healed that which was sick, neither have ye bound up [that which was] broken, neither have ye brought again that which was driven away, neither have ye sought that which was lost; but with force and with cruelty have ye ruled them.
34:5 And they were scattered, because [there is] no shepherd: and they became meat to all the beasts of the field, when they were scattered.
34:6 My sheep wandered through all the mountains, and upon every high hill: yea, My flock was scattered upon all the face of the earth, and none did search or seek [after them].
34:7 Therefore, ye Levites, hear the Word of the "I AM";
34:8 [As] I live, saith the Lord "I AM", surely because My flock became a prey, and My flock became meat to every beast of the field, because [there was] no shepherd, neither did My shepherds search for My flock, but the Levites fed themselves, and fed not My flock;
34:9 Therefore, O ye Levites, hear the Word of the "I AM";
34:10 Thus saith the Lord "I AM"; Behold, I [am] against the shepherds; and I will require My flock at their hand, and cause them to cease from feeding the flock; neither shall the shepherds feed themselves any more; for I will deliver My flock from their mouth, that they may not be meat for them.

34:23 And I will set up One shepherd over them*, and he shall feed them, [even] My "Well-Beloved" servant; he shall feed them, and he shall be their shepherd.

*One shepherd over them = The One Good Shepherd: Christ, during His Second Coming

Matthew 6:5-8
6:5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt NOT be as the hypocrites [ARE]: for they love to pray standing in the churches and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen by men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward (they have been seen by men, but God will not answer them).
6:6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and WHEN THOU HAST SHUT THY DOOR, pray to thy Father in private (Enoch 56:5; Sura 7:55); and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly (by answering you).
6:7 But when ye pray, use NOT vain repetitions, as the heathen [DO]: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.
6:8 Be NOT ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, BEFORE ye ask Him.

Acts 7:48 Howbeit the Most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,

Acts 17:24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that He is Lord of heaven and Earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

Sura 4:142. The Hypocrites - they think they are over-reaching God, but He will over-reach them: when they stand up to prayer, they stand without earnestness, to be seen by men (Matt. 6:5), only little do they hold God in remembrance;

Sura 7:55. Call on your Lord with HUMILITY and in PRIVATE (Enoch 56:5; Matt. 6:6): for "I AM" loveth not those who trespass beyond bounds.

Sura 9:107-111
9:107. And there are those who put up mosques (churches; synagogues; etc.), by way of mischief and BETRAYAL - to disunite the Believers - and in preparation for one who warred against "I AM" (Revelation 12:7) and His Messenger aforetime. They will indeed swear that their intention is nothing but good; but "I AM" doth declare that they are certainly LIARS.
9:108. NEVER stand thou forth therein. There is an Holy Place (Mt. Moriah) whose foundation was laid from the first day on piety; it is more worthy of the standing forth (for prayer) therein. In it are men who love to be purified; and "I AM" loveth those who make themselves pure.
9:109. Which then is best? - he that layeth his foundation on piety (a Rock - Matthew 7:24-27) to "I AM" and His Good Pleasure? - or he that layeth his foundation on an undermined sand-cliff ready to crumble to pieces? And it doth crumble to pieces with him, into The Fire of Hell. And "I AM" guideth not people that do wrong (if they are doing wrong Satan is guiding them).
9:110. The foundation of those who so build is never free from suspicion and shakiness in their hearts, until their hearts are cut to pieces. And "I AM" is All-Knowing, Wise.
9:111. "I AM" hath purchased from the Believers their persons and their goods; for theirs (in return) is The Garden (of Bliss): they fight in His Cause, and slay and are slain: a promise binding on Him in Truth, through The Law (The Torah), The Gospel (New Testament/Covenant), and The Koran: and who is more faithful to His Covenant (in the Bible) than "I AM"? Then rejoice in the bargain which ye have concluded (to fulfill The Covenant of "I AM" written in the Bible): that is the achievement supreme.

Sura 33:33. And stay quietly IN YOUR HOUSES (Sura 9:107-111), and make not a dazzling display, like that of the former Times of Ignorance (Sura 4:142, Sura 7:55); and establish constant Prayer (1 Thes. 5:17), and give regular Charity (Matt. 6:1-8); and obey "I AM" and His Messenger. And "I AM" only wishes to remove all abomination from you, ye Members of the Family, and to make you pure and spotless (Matt. 5:8).

Sura 107:5-6
107:5. Who are neglectful of their Prayers,
107:6. Those who (want only) to be seen (by men - Matt. 6:5),

Isaiah 3:12 [As for] My people, children [are] their oppressors, and women rule over them. O My people, they which lead thee cause [thee] to err, and lead thee astray, TO THY DESTRUCTION.

Thomas Paine had it right, but the message from God fell on spiritually deaf ears (and spiritually blind eyes) yet again.

There's nothing "commendable" about blindly following a bunch of made-up lies and religious superstitions, rather than the truth. In fact, it's a recipe guaranteed to end in the "second death" for anyone foolish enough to follow them: the death of one's true, spiritual self (the soul) in The Fire.
For some reason I have interest in any of that. Seems rather superfluous...

A Freeman

Superstar
For some reason I have interest in any of that. Seems rather superfluous...
You probably meant that you have no interest in any of what was shared (even though it shows exactly where Thomas Paine received his guidance on Satan's organized religions). Of course what was shared will seem superfluous to the "dead".