Thread of Catholic Saints and Prayers

floss

Star
John 11
Jesus told her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Anyone who believes in me will live, even after dying. 26Everyone who lives in me and believes in me will never ever die. Do you believe this, Martha?”
The resurrection hasn't happen yet. How did you assumed those who believe in Christ can hear your prayers? I need more specific verses saying somewhere in the line of "saints can hear your prayer".

recure

Established
If you pray to someone who are asleep, can they hear you?
Yes, otherwise Christ would not have used the analogy of sleep. He obviously didn't mean that the girl was literally sleeping, but that she was alive even though she was dead, and the Apostle Paul also says those who died have "fallen asleep". But if those who are asleep could not hear, then when Jesus said "Lazarus, come forth", or when Peter said "Tabitha, arise", this would constitute as "communicating with the dead", no? In any case, they prayed to God before raising the dead person, so there is also Biblical proof for "prayers for the dead".

SnowFall

Veteran
The resurrection hasn't happen yet. How did you assumed those who believe in Christ can hear your prayers? I need more specific verses saying somewhere in the line of "saints can hear your prayer".
“Anyone who lives in me and believes in me will never ever die” how much more specific do you need!

the resurrection has happened, through Christ.

floss

Star
“Anyone who lives in me and believes in me will never ever die” how much more specific do you need!

the resurrection has happened, through Christ.
You haven't provide a verse where the saints can hear ya. No the resurrection has not happen hence the dead are still in the grave. Resurrection happen at Christ literal second coming. Is He back yet?

Yes, otherwise Christ would not have used the analogy of sleep. He obviously didn't mean that the girl was literally sleeping, but that she was alive even though she was dead, and the Apostle Paul also says those who died have "fallen asleep". But if those who are asleep could not hear, then when Jesus said "Lazarus, come forth", or when Peter said "Tabitha, arise", this would constitute as "communicating with the dead", no? In any case, they prayed to God before raising the dead person, so there is also Biblical proof for "prayers for the dead".
This is interesting what's your take on purgatory

SnowFall

Veteran
You haven't provide a verse where the saints can hear ya. No the resurrection has not happen hence the dead are still in the grave. Resurrection happen at Christ literal second coming. Is He back yet?

The resurrection of the body and the final judgment happens at the end, but those who are in heaven are alive as we speak

A Freeman

Superstar
Christ's Instruction on Who should be the object of Prayer:

Matthew 6:9-13
6:9 After this manner therefore PRAY YE: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be Thy name.
6:10 Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done in earth, as [it is] in heaven.
6:11 Give us this day our daily bread.
6:12 And forgive us our debts and trespasses (if we truly repent), as we forgive our debtors and those who trespass against us (if they truly repent).
6:13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For Thine is The Kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

Christ never prayed to any "saints", nor mediums, nor to anyone other than His Father and God.

Roman Catholicism teaches the exact opposite, claiming that it's okay to make partners with God out of every Tom, Dick and Harry. This is what God said about that abominable practice:-

Deuteronomy 5:7-11
5:7 Thou shalt have none other gods before Me.
5:8 Thou shalt not make thee [ANY] graven image, [or] ANY likeness [of ANY thing] that [is] in heaven above, or that [is] in the earth beneath, or that [is] in the waters beneath the earth [neither shalt thou possess them if others make them (ch. 7:26)]:
5:9 Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the "I AM" thy God [am] a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth [generation] of them that hate [or disobey] Me,
5:10 And showing mercy unto thousands of them that love [and obey] Me and KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS.
5:11 Thou shalt not take the name of the "I AM" thy God in vain (use it when not talking to Him, or about Him): for the "I AM" will not hold [him] guiltless that taketh His name in vain [and thus wasteth His time or insulteth Him].

Deuteronomy 18:9-13
18:9 When thou art come into the land which the "I AM" thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations.
18:10 There shall not be found among you [any one] that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, [or] that useth divination, [or] an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch,
18:11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer (medium).
18:12 For all that do these things [are] an abomination unto the "I AM": and because of these abominations the "I AM" thy God doth drive them out from before thee.
18:13 Thou shalt be perfect with the "I AM" thy God.

Deuteronomy 32:36-39
32:36 For the "I AM" shall judge His people (Isaiah chapter 3:12 to 4:6; & ch. 42), and repent Himself for His servants, when He seeth that [their] power is gone, and [there is] none shut up, or left.
32:37 And He shall say, Where [are] their gods, [their] rock (Peter/Cephas) in whom they trusted,
32:38 Which did eat the fat of their sacrifices, [and] drank the wine of their drink offerings? let them rise up and help you, [and] be your protection.
32:39 See now that I, [even] I, [am] He, and [there is] no god with Me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither [is there any] that can deliver out of My hand.

True Prayer.

When we pray in the correct way, we are not asking God to do something, God is inspiring us to act in His place to enact His Will on Earth. We are intended to be the emissaries of the Divine on this planet.

True prayer is the method, the visualization, that God expects us to use in discerning His Will and implementing it in the physical dimension twenty-four hours every day. His Kingdom come, His Will be done, on Earth, as it is in Heaven. Amen.