Three Foods From Ancient Times With Miraculous Benefits

EMVIGOCIT37

Rookie
I don't make it myself but buy Ziyad brand from the Arabic grocery store.

And my favorite way to eat it, fresh and hot out of the oven:

I used to make a zatar omelette that was pretty good, but to me zatar has such a unique flavor that I prefer to eat it on bread like above.
Thanks for the help!! Where can I get your preferred dough I'm using
I don't make it myself but buy Ziyad brand from the Arabic grocery store.

And my favorite way to eat it, fresh and hot out of the oven:

I used to make a zatar omelette that was pretty good, but to me zatar has such a unique flavor that I prefer to eat it on bread like above.
do you have a preferred bread source?

Thanks for the help!! Where can I get your preferred dough I'm using

do you have a preferred bread source?
The bread I like best for Zatar is homemade by an Iraqi lady and sold in the local Arabic grocery store. It's like pita bread but thicker and softer without the pocket. Called Iraqi bread I think, I dont know if it had another name... If you have an Arabic grocery stores in your vicinity, ask them for "khubz 'Iraqi"

rainerann

Star
Thanks I'll try finding that brand and using that photo below gives me a better measure for how much to put on it I usually eat it as a dry powder after the zaatar sucks up most the olive oil that's when I put it in my mouth that's probably what's chocking me up ahaha thanks again
Yah the oregano and the thyme in it need to be rehydrated and kept moist. They are not good herbs to eat dry or raw. They need heat and moisture. The prickly sensation might be dry oregano stems. You probably want to try using less of it and using a little more oil with some heat.

It seems like it would be good to use in anything that is going to be cooked with moisture like sauces or chicken will release moisture when cooked, or things that will keep it from drying out like yogurt and hummus which were suggested. This would make sense because plain dried oregano is not going to be very good by itself. I don't even like adding it to a tomato sauce if the sauce isn't going to cook for a little while. The heat and the moisture combined make things like oregano tasty.

EMVIGOCIT37

Rookie
Cool thanks for all that with zaatar covered how do you all take the other two foods mentioned in VC's article tumeric and black seed oil personaly I've tried VC's suggested product of black seed oil brand off amazon very spicy hard to get down but I did notice extreme benefits I now take a less powerful but still effective gell capsule form to get the benefits and I take a powdered tumeric capsulse but do any vc members have any recipes/easy suggestions how to enjoy these other two medicines?

rainerann

Star
I haven't tried the black seed oil yet, but I like to put turmeric in soups with some cayenne pepper. It is based on a recipe that I found for detox soup. I put cabbage, carrots, vegetables, but I will add meat sometimes. It's yummy, but everyone in my house likes spicy food. Otherwise, you could leave the cayenne out. There are a lot of soup recipes that use turmeric that are delicious.

EMVIGOCIT37

Rookie
I actually use the black seed oil VC's recommended brand on my face when I get irritations it works literally In the same day clears blemishes when researching this product you might find articles mentioning its ancient use and sacred burial with the pharaoh so he could use this product in the afterlife and how women used it on their faces! Along the lines of tumeric I will try it in soup thanks for the help any other suggestions how to enjoy these products or perhaps any ancient medicines you think I should try out would be great!

EMVIGOCIT37

Rookie
Any soups that go great with tumeric I'm not going to be able to make soup from scratch just looking for soups that taste good with tumeric !

Songbird5169

I take black cumin seed every day. Turmeric is more of a once a week thing. But I don't have any health issues really. I do have a giant 30 pound baby, so when I get low back pain I take extra black cumin seed and it goes away.