Three Foods From Ancient Times With Miraculous Benefits

VigilantCitizen

Administrator
This is an article I enjoyed writing because I truly love these three foods.

Consumed for thousands of years in various parts of the world, these three simple foods were revered by ancient civilizations for their healing powers. Today, modern science is proving these civilizations right, yet they are still relatively unknown in the Western world. Here are three foods you need to know about.

Being a Vigilant Citizen is not only about being aware of what goes into your mind, it is also about being aware of what enters your body. If your body is fueled with toxic garbage, your brain will also run on toxic garbage. And when your brain runs on toxic garbage, it becomes slow, cloudy, and enjoys listening to Pitbull.

In my series of articles, Dumbing-Down Society, I list some toxic elements found in everyday products that we all need to avoid. This article, however, is about the exact opposite. It is about foods we all need to consume on a regular basis. The three foods in this article have been revered for thousands of years for their incredible healing proprieties and modern science is slowly confirming these ancient claims. Not only can these foods cure ailments, they can be used as supplements to improve the immune system, brain function and general well-being.

Ancient civilizations did not praise these foods for the heck of it. They observed, for thousands of years, the various effects these foods had on the mind, the body and even the soul. Ancients were so in awe about their proprieties that they obtained special status: they were perceived as gifts from above, they were celebrated in ceremonies, and Kings were buried with them. So, without further ado, here are three ancient foods you need to know about right now: Zaatar, Black seed oil, Turmeric powder.

Read the full article here https://vigilantcitizen.com/vigilantreport/three-foods-ancient-times-miraculous-benefits/

williejonesjr

Veteran

Consumed for thousands of years in various parts of the world, these three simple foods were revered by ancient civilizations for their healing powers. Today, modern science is proving these civilizations right, yet they are still relatively unknown in the Western world. Here are three foods you need to know about.

Being a Vigilant Citizen is not only about being aware of what goes into your mind, it is also about being aware of what enters your body. If your body is fueled with toxic garbage, your brain will also run on toxic garbage. And when your brain runs on toxic garbage, it becomes slow, cloudy, and enjoys listening to Pitbull.

In my series of articles, Dumbing-Down Society, I list some toxic elements found in everyday products that we all need to avoid. This article, however, is about the exact opposite. It is about foods we all need to consume on a regular basis. The three foods in this article have been revered for thousands of years for their incredible healing proprieties and modern science is slowly confirming these ancient claims. Not only can these foods cure ailments, they can be used as supplements to improve the immune system, brain function and general well-being.

Ancient civilizations did not praise these foods for the heck of it. They observed, for thousands of years, the various effects these foods had on the mind, the body and even the soul. Ancients were so in awe about their proprieties that they obtained special status: they were perceived as gifts from above, they were celebrated in ceremonies, and Kings were buried with them. So, without further ado, here are three ancient foods you need to know about right now: Zaatar, Black seed oil, Turmeric powder.

Read the full article here https://vigilantcitizen.com/vigilantreport/three-foods-ancient-times-miraculous-benefits/
I put Turmeric in just about everything. I just got a Nesco dehydrator & plan on dehydrating my life! (I need a good mandoline, though).
I bet I could buy some Turmeric from the Farmer's market & make my own powder.

This is an article I enjoyed writing because I truly love these three foods... Zaatar, Black seed oil, Turmeric powder. Read the full article here https://vigilantcitizen.com/vigilantreport/three-foods-ancient-times-miraculous-benefits/
Yeah this article put me onto the anti-inflammatory benefits of those foods. I want to *emphasize* what VC said about turmeric working better when eaten with black pepper. (Something to do with piperine in black pepper.) You don't have to buy expensive curcumin + piperine supplements; just eat lots of turmeric with lots of black pepper. Yum.
The other thing is that if you get confused about what black seed oil comes from, because people keep calling it weird things like black cumin oil, just remember that it has nothing to do with cumin; check that it's "nigella sativa" oil. It has a taste like bitter carrots, but it's not too unpleasant unless it's starting to go rancid. You should keep it in the fridge (from personal experience...) I've had "black onion" seeds from the local SA chain Woolworths (which is like the UK's Marks & Spencers) that tasted the same, but the bottle had no other name for them so can't be sure if they were N.S. seeds. They looked like they should be (somewhat triangular small black seeds). I'll confirm when I can.

Last edited:
Note on preventing or treating cancer: Cancer is at least partly a result of inflammation, and an acidic environment in the body**. So are many other diseases.
To protect yourself, eat the foods as decribed above, as well as good quality cold-pressed hemp oil, or one of those expensive
CBD oils if you can afford that. Also I recommend this article that basically tells us what we all suspected about the Thieving Cancer Industry, plus an awesome study where they killed cancer cells with... vegetable juice. Srsly. Garlic was the best.
http://www.chrisbeatcancer.com/top-10-anti-cancer-vegetables/

**"Research has shown that tumor growth increases in an acid environment.The blood is maintained in the body at a slightly alkaline level of between 7.2 and 7.4. Eating alkaline foods keeps the blood pH in its ideal range, which is important for the prevention and treatment of cancer. Ideally, the diet should consist of 80 percent alkaline-forming foods, such as those available from many raw fruits and vegetables, as well as nuts, seeds, grains, and legumes." - http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/preventing-and-reversing-cancer-naturally-anticancer-diet-shopping-list

Thanks VC and thanks ZsaZsa - Chris Wark and Sayer Ji are awesome! I've learned so much from their sites and lectures. Since this thread includes mention of Black Seed (habbatul-barakah 'blessed seed' - as known in Islam), here is a link to a recently published article about it used for treating autoimmune disease.

The many health benefits of black cumin seed
Aside from its beneficial effects on the thyroids, black seeds were also shown to alleviate autoimmune disorders and may potentially fight cancer. The seeds were also sought after treatments for respiratory conditions including asthma, bronchitis, and cold symptoms. Black seeds were also found to be effective in calming the body’s nervous system, promoting urine production, and improving digestion. The seeds have also been touted by many as the quintessential remedy for everything but death.
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-04-11-clinal-tests-reveal-that-black-cumin-seed-may-treat-hypothyroidism.html

It was our Prophet Muhammad who said: "There is healing in the black seed for all diseases except death."

williejonesjr

Veteran
Yeah this article put me onto the anti-inflammatory benefits of those foods. I want to *emphasize* what VC said about turmeric working better when eaten with black pepper. (Something to do with piperine in black pepper.) You don't have to buy expensive curcumin + piperine supplements; just eat lots of turmeric with lots of black pepper. Yum.
The other thing is that if you get confused about what black seed oil comes from, because people keep calling it weird things like black cumin oil, just remember that it has nothing to do with cumin; check that it's "nigella sativa" oil. It has a taste like bitter carrots, but it's not too unpleasant unless it's starting to go rancid. You should keep it in the fridge (from personal experience...) I've had "black onion" seeds from the local SA chain Woolworths (which is like the UK's Marks & Spencers) that tasted the same, but the bottle had no other name for them so can't be sure if they were N.S. seeds. They looked like they should be (somewhat triangular small black seeds). I'll confirm when I can.
Woolworths? Now that's a throwback!

llleopard

Established

.I really liked this article and have made zaatar regularly ever since ☺ bin inn sell it ready made, but home made is even better. Thanks V C introducing me to the wonder food!

EMVIGOCIT37

Rookie
Along the lines of consuming zaatar any suggestions? I find it difficult to eat I think I follow VC simple suggested recipe of putting zaatar on some flatbread toasted with olive oil.. not very delicious... any zaatar recipes that are simple ish that i could use to eat this more often ???

llleopard

Established
Along the lines of consuming zaatar any suggestions? I find it difficult to eat I think I follow VC simple suggested recipe of putting zaatar on some flatbread toasted with olive oil.. not very delicious... any zaatar recipes that are simple ish that i could use to eat this more often ???
I often use it like dukkah- dip fresh bread in olive oil and z. Nice sprinkled on stuff like meatballs or kebabs, or salad, or you can use like a shake on coating for chicken pieces and other meat. I make my own and put in more sumac cos I like it... maybe experiment with ingredients and find how you like it best cos I bought a pre pack once and it was quite dry and not so nice as fresh mixed.

LadyNocturna33

Established
Put it on hummus, or through couscous salad, or on roasted chicken :)

EMVIGOCIT37

Rookie
I buy my zaatar off amazon a cheap bag that is less than 20$ if anybody could suggest their own and sorry but exact amount to create a delicious zaatar recipe this might also help me enjoy this medicine more I often find prickly things in mine that get caught in my throat and it makes me choak and as always thanks for the help I appreciate it very much

I buy my zaatar off amazon a cheap bag that is less than 20$ if anybody could suggest their own and sorry but exact amount to create a delicious zaatar recipe this might also help me enjoy this medicine more I often find prickly things in mine that get caught in my throat and it makes me choak and as always thanks for the help I appreciate it very much
I don't make it myself but buy Ziyad brand from the Arabic grocery store.

And my favorite way to eat it, fresh and hot out of the oven:

I used to make a zatar omelette that was pretty good, but to me zatar has such a unique flavor that I prefer to eat it on bread like above.

EMVIGOCIT37

Rookie
I don't make it myself but buy Ziyad brand from the Arabic grocery store.

And my favorite way to eat it, fresh and hot out of the oven:

I used to make a zatar omelette that was pretty good, but to me zatar has such a unique flavor that I prefer to eat it on bread like above.
Thanks I'll try finding that brand and using that photo below gives me a better measure for how much to put on it I usually eat it as a dry powder after the zaatar sucks up most the olive oil that's when I put it in my mouth that's probably what's chocking me up ahaha thanks again

Thanks I'll try finding that brand and using that photo below gives me a better measure for how much to put on it I usually eat it as a dry powder after the zaatar sucks up most the olive oil that's when I put it in my mouth that's probably what's chocking me up ahaha thanks again
Yeah - get bread that's thick and bubbly (think pizza), slather oil all over it - don't leave a dry spot. (I pour oil on it then fold the bread over itself so that the oil is on every bit of the bread), after that just sprinkle on za`tar to your liking, pop it under the broiler for just a minute or two - voila perfect yumminess.