Tumblr is promoting eating disorders

Alright, I was just browsing through what is called the Dashboard on Tumblr and found something very unsettling. It does seem weird that I would use such a main stream social media site, but I'm mostly on there for the cute animals and maybe certain fandoms and such. I try to weed out all the negativity, block anyone promoting something unnecessary and stick to what I like. This, I could not escape as it was from the main Tumblr algorithm. I was able to get rid of the post, thankfully. Here's the post:
Screenshot_20230307-063425~2.png

As you can see, this is absolutely awful. To think that it's alright to tell people that food isn't worth it, and that being thin means everything is what totally baffles me.
Funny enough, this is being shown directly on what is considered a Marxist left platform. So many people, even some on this forum will believe the leftists are mostly into what's called Fat Acceptance. What people don't realise is that BOTH extremes are being highly promoted to cater to the depopulation agenda. The elites want us dead, period. So, they will use MULTIPLE angles to get this point across. For so long, being super thin has been considered an aesthetic. For many many decades that's what was considered the in thing. Just because fat acceptance has become about minority group representation, doesn't mean that the other extreme is not being shoved down our throats. To be vigilant and truthful, we have to realize that we are being played by all different angles. We aren't allowed to have a free thought, even if we believe we are free thinking. Time for us to realize that thinking in black and white won't get us anywhere.
Sadly, this is why so many have eating disorders. There is so much of this going on behind the scenes. Heck, I was actually a bit guilty of this in grade 8. I was such a young age still and felt that eating breakfast was unnecessary. I wanted to be stick thin, just like the media and society told me. What I failed to realise is that I was actually still pretty thin and healthy.
That comes to my next point. If we are healthy, what does it matter if we are completely aesthetically pleasing? I exercise and use natural remedies such as herbs, teas and spices, so why do I feel this constant nag to be thinner and thinner? I find there's no need for excessive exercise and dieting if we are healthy, already. So many just can't see the middle ground, and seeing things like this disgusts me.
Promoting to be super thin AND super fat is wrong.

Dalit

Star
Yup. It's all over the place. Either side of the spectrum is unhealthy and I think most women err on the side of wanting to be thinner or at least firmer and younger looking.

I like the articles about people being fit women who weigh more than they look, who show that a number is arbitrary. Although I still beat myself up for having a smaller wardrobe I cannot fit into. Being slim thick or normal with a little thickness is healthy. Yet would always wish to be about 20 lbs thinner.

Someone reminded me that if you get really sick, you'll be glad you're not too thin since you might lose 10 or more pounds anyway. If you were too thin to begin with, you'd look gaunt and emaciated. It makes sense?

But yeah, all the platforms have it. There's an anorexic TikTok apparently, with girls and women bragging how they eat under 1000 calories a day, etc. And there's mukbangs with people gorging themselves. Both are disturbing.

Alright, I was just browsing through what is called the Dashboard on Tumblr and found something very unsettling. It does seem weird that I would use such a main stream social media site, but I'm mostly on there for the cute animals and maybe certain fandoms and such. I try to weed out all the negativity, block anyone promoting something unnecessary and stick to what I like. This, I could not escape as it was from the main Tumblr algorithm. I was able to get rid of the post, thankfully. Here's the post:
View attachment 85173

As you can see, this is absolutely awful. To think that it's alright to tell people that food isn't worth it, and that being thin means everything is what totally baffles me.
Funny enough, this is being shown directly on what is considered a Marxist left platform. So many people, even some on this forum will believe the leftists are mostly into what's called Fat Acceptance. What people don't realise is that BOTH extremes are being highly promoted to cater to the depopulation agenda. The elites want us dead, period. So, they will use MULTIPLE angles to get this point across. For so long, being super thin has been considered an aesthetic. For many many decades that's what was considered the in thing. Just because fat acceptance has become about minority group representation, doesn't mean that the other extreme is not being shoved down our throats. To be vigilant and truthful, we have to realize that we are being played by all different angles. We aren't allowed to have a free thought, even if we believe we are free thinking. Time for us to realize that thinking in black and white won't get us anywhere.
Sadly, this is why so many have eating disorders. There is so much of this going on behind the scenes. Heck, I was actually a bit guilty of this in grade 8. I was such a young age still and felt that eating breakfast was unnecessary. I wanted to be stick thin, just like the media and society told me. What I failed to realise is that I was actually still pretty thin and healthy.
That comes to my next point. If we are healthy, what does it matter if we are completely aesthetically pleasing? I exercise and use natural remedies such as herbs, teas and spices, so why do I feel this constant nag to be thinner and thinner? I find there's no need for excessive exercise and dieting if we are healthy, already. So many just can't see the middle ground, and seeing things like this disgusts me.
Promoting to be super thin AND super fat is wrong.
I have never read Tumblr but thank you for reminding me that I have made the right decision.

What people don't realise is that BOTH extremes are being highly promoted to cater to the depopulation agenda.
The elites want us dead, period. So, they will use MULTIPLE angles to get this point across.
TRUTH!

If we are healthy, what does it matter if we are completely aesthetically pleasing?
Exactly, health is much more important than pleasing others. People are not ornaments or decorations.

My questions would be, how do we help people who actually ARE morbidly obese? How do we get them to think before they eat? How do we communicate to them that there is more to life than the way something tastes? That they ARE, in fact, addicted to food or the pleasurable hormones eating releases?

Would the meme/post have been more helpful if instead of focusing on "lightness" and "thinness" it said something like "notice how good you feel as your blood pressure goes back to normal" or " how good it feels to be able to use the stairs without risking a heart attack" or " how nice it is to exist without constantly panting for breath"?

I like the articles about people being fit women who weigh more than they look, who show that a number is arbitrary.
I love those. The number absolutely is arbitrary! Those comparison photos of what a pound of muscle is compared to a pound of fat are eye opening as well.

But I'll share a personal anecdote. In my previous job, in the fitness industry, i was open with clients about how much i weighed. In every single instance i noticed a complete change in their attitude towards me. Almost like they lost respect or felt they got to view me as beneath them. I was still the exact same person and looked exactly the same, nothing had changed! Just the knowledge that even though i took up less space than them i outweighed them by a good amount.

It's so ridiculous. BMI charts are so outdated or inacurate. I have weighed the numbers that these women see as "good" and i looked like a skeleton. Gave myself temporary infertility and possibly osteoporosis.

However, i just have to point out that some of us gain weight in unacceptable places, and will no matter what never look "thick".

TRUTH!

Exactly, health is much more important than pleasing others. People are not ornaments or decorations.

My questions would be, how do we help people who actually ARE morbidly obese? How do we get them to think before they eat? How do we communicate to them that there is more to life than the way something tastes? That they ARE, in fact, addicted to food or the pleasurable hormones eating releases?

Would the meme/post have been more helpful if instead of focusing on "lightness" and "thinness" it said something like "notice how good you feel as your blood pressure goes back to normal" or " how good it feels to be able to use the stairs without risking a heart attack" or " how nice it is to exist without constantly panting for breath"?
I think a lot of people who eat crappy food have taste buds that have been destroyed and don't remember what real food is like and how good real food tastes. They are like drug addicts. Addicted to artificial chemicals and flavor. It's slowly killing them but they are too far gone to care. Almost like a death wish.

But yeah, all the platforms have it. There's an anorexic TikTok apparently, with girls and women bragging how they eat under 1000 calories a day, etc. And there's mukbangs with people gorging themselves. Both are disturbing
Oh gosh, that sounds like literal hell. Definitely don't want to go there!! Why can't people just be healthy and happy???

I have never read Tumblr but thank you for reminding me that I have made the right decision.
Lol no problemo, glad to do you a service :p

Being slim thick or normal with a little thickness is healthy.
I can agree, unless we are told to be like the Kardashians.. then heck no LOL!!

I believe that would of been alot more helpful, I agree. Of course this post from tumblr didn't mention that, sadly. I wish this was more how people would feel about health.
And to answer the question about trying to help those who are morbidly obese, I don't know what one can do. I suppose people trying their best to not get to that point would be one of the only ways, same with starving themselves. Sad when people do these things to themselves, in a way, it's like a self mutilation.

BMI charts are so outdated or inacurate.
Yep! Can agree. They are also very strict. I definitely don't go by those horrible scales and charts.

I think a lot of people who eat crappy food have taste buds that have been destroyed and don't remember what real food is like and how good real food tastes
While this is sadly true, and it's horrible that this food was ever made this way, unfortunately some just can't afford the very good food. And what's labelled as "organic" isn't always trusted, either..seems like a double edged sword. This is why I use natural remedies that I can afford to make up for some of the crappy food I eat.

Dalit

Star
I do have to ask, and people don't have to answer if it's too personal, but who in school or at a younger age suffered from eating disorders? It seems to be more than people think.
It got really bad in college, but I did start my first diet at 9 when home alone in the summer. Also would work out to Gilad's routines on TV. I was a little overweight but not corpulent. Thought I was corpulent. When in college and working with kids, there was a 9 year old that weighed 200 lbs! I was 112 lbs and fairly tall for my age and felt fat. Kids have it way worse today.

It got really bad in college, but I did start my first diet at 9 when home alone in the summer. Also would work out to Gilad's routines on TV. I was a little overweight but not corpulent. Thought I was corpulent. When in college and working with kids, there was a 9 year old that weighed 200 lbs! I was 112 lbs and fairly tall for my age and felt fat. Kids have it way worse today.
A diet at 9? Wow that sounds rough! Kids shouldn't have to think about such a thing at that age! Wow 200 pounds at 9? I feel so bad for that poor kid. Makes me wonder what the parents were feeding that poor child.

I do have to ask, and people don't have to answer if it's too personal, but who in school or at a younger age suffered from eating disorders? It seems to be more than people think.
Well, with me the disordered eating THINKING started when i was 11, but my mother was much too strict to actually LET me diet at that age.

I was a small baby/toddler so i didn't have that predisposition to obesity, but after some trauma/abuse when i was 6 i really started putting on the weight from stress eating. I was oblivious about it for the most part, but at 11 i went to a different school and those kids were awful and did NOT let me forget that i was fat. It was a very "unwoke" time for sure, it was not out of the ordinary for them to go up to me and poke my stomach or ask me loudly "why are you so fat?" (While i don't agree with the "fat acceptance" movement, i wonder how many people in it are doing it out of past experiences like mine).

Once in high school i got sneakier about dieting and lost most of the weight, but i didn't know how to eat healthy and the disodered thinking continued. A cycle of dieting and binging i guess. Finding out about the chemicals in most commercially available food fixed the binging problem for me, and by now it's mostly a habit to not overeat.

I do wonder, has anyone on here suffered from under eating when they were young? I feel as if to be the only one who skipped breakfast in grade 8 :p

I think in Jane's case it was an exercise in exhibitionism. She was in a movie called Barbarella which showcased her assets and was also extremely weird too.
Oh yes, I've heard of that, unfortunately. It does look pretty wacky, definitely going to give it a pass. Definitely in no mood for her assets :p

Kind of off topic from exercise, but Jane fonda seems like a terirble person. Can't help but wonder if her hip troubles and other health issues are also divine retribution...

Jane Fonda once said, “If you understood what communism was, you would hope, you would pray on your knees that we would some day become communist.”

In 2020, Jane Fonda called Covid-19 “God’s gift to the left.”

“What a great gift! What a tremendous opportunity! We’re just so lucky! — And I just think that Covid is God’s gift to the Left,” Jane Fonda said laughing. “That’s a terrible thing to say. I think it was a very difficult thing to send down to us, but it has ripped the band-aid off who [Trump] is and what he stands for and what is being done to average people and working people in this country.”

Kind of off topic from exercise, but Jane fonda seems like a terirble person. Can't help but wonder if her hip troubles and other health issues are also divine retribution...

Oh my gosh, I just KNEW she was a bad person!! This just proves it. The stuff she says.. it's baffling that someone would get away with this. I actually knew someone who though Jane Fonda was awesome, and I tried to tell them that she's horrible and a bad excuse for a human being.. and boy this person wasn't happy with me!
Who can say that communism is good? And her COVID comment.. *shakes head*