Uncommon food combos

Mr.Anderson

Veteran
Hey guys, I just saw a video of a guy making rice with coke-cola. Everyone got weirded out but someone pointed that this is pretty common in Colombia. Then the guy from the video said that it was common for brazilians to eat food with... a banana and some people abroad think it is weird.

1603374864092.png
Pretty much like this, but this dish is a way more gourmet presentation. I think i'll snap a pic when I get a lunch myself...

I saw this recipe yesterday and thought it looked weirdly good

Cooking with cocacola though.....that's going to be a no from me

Maes17

Superstar
A peanut butter and marshmallow cream sandwich.
They call it a fluffernutter in Massachusetts

polymoog

Superstar
Organic would make it just a sugar sandwich?
it would be an organic poison sugar sandwich.

all the cancer-growing, diabetic fun that maes wants in a GMO poison sugar sandwich for his kids, but with no GMOs.

Mr.Anderson

Veteran
You guys never heard of the rebel whopper?

I did a small research, apparentely in the US it is known as Impossible Whopper.

Anyways, it is a Burger King special burger made out of soy. The only problem is that it has 44 mg of estrogen.

For comparison, birth control pills are nano and micrograms based. Transexuals use 5 mg daily for transition

Maes17

Superstar
You guys never heard of the rebel whopper?

I did a small research, apparentely in the US it is known as Impossible Whopper.

Anyways, it is a Burger King special burger made out of soy. The only problem is that it has 44 mg of estrogen.

For comparison, birth control pills are nano and micrograms based. Transexuals use 5 mg daily for transition
The sex change whopper

Simka

Established
I'm lucky to have a husband who likes cooking. He watches various cooking vlogs and chooses recipes he wants to try. Sometimes, he changes them and adds this or that ingredient instead. And I'm always surprised how such combinations can taste so great :) Did you try adding cinnamon to meat or lemon slices, sour cream, and soy sauce to a chicken soup? These ingredients make the dishes taste in different way, but they are very delicious.

Busbyx

Rookie
As for me, seafood with fruits was sth that wouldn't probably go together. However, crab and mango combo appeared to be very tasty. Trying to add more foods that are high-in taurine from this list I found this crab mango avocado salad recipe very tasty: so take crab meat, chopped mango, diced avocado, diced red bell pepper, diced red onion and add some juice of a lemon, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. Delicious!

Last edited:

Behumble

Established
As for me, seafood with fruits was sth that wouldn't probably go together. However, crab and mango combo appeared to be very tasty.
I was going to say, pineapples with fish or squid is a common pairing in SEA.