Veterinarians and pets thread

I hope this is the correct section, it falls under "health", albeit not human health. We had a "dog thread" but it vanished...

From what I've seen on here, the majority of posters don't have a favorable view of big pharma. I guess i was wondering, does this extend to veterinarians? Are they also seen as big pharma, and if not, why?

Veterinarians administed c0vid v@x to humans

Are people that are anti v@x when it comes to themselves also anti v@x about their pets? What about people that deny germ theory/the existence of viruses altogether?

As a pet owner, I'm skeptical of vets. I read years ago that they make the bulk of their money off pushing vaccines and putting animals to sleep. Something about paying someone to kill your animal has always bothered me.

For most pet owners, man's best friend is another member of the family and deserves the best care, but a former veterinarian says that some vets, out to make an extra buck, will pad the bill with unnecessary shots, tests and procedures.
Throughout his career, Jones said he discovered a dark reality about some veterinarians in the United States and Canada, including himself.

"They feel that pressure of, 'I've got these overhead costs to make,' and that's where your judgment gets caught," he said.

Jones said that, under pressure from bosses, he ordered services that were not needed. He said "no question" he would have been fired if he hadn't done as his bosses asked.

"If I didn't meet this certain target, then yeah, my employment was at threat."

But Jones said even after he owned his own clinic, at times, he continued upselling.
Another big ticket item on vets' bills, Jones said, are vaccination costs, and he said some vets can be quick to push the shots.

Every year, pet owners are reminded that their animals are due for their annual vaccinations, but what many vets apparently fail to disclose is that, according to the latest guidelines from the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA), some of the vaccines only need to be given once every three years.

According to the AAHA, an annual revaccination "booster," which includes multiple vaccines, is commonly recommended and most state and local laws mandate an annual rabies vaccine. But for other viral diseases, such as canine distemper virus (CDV) and canine parvovirus (CDV-2), the AAHA guidelines say that after dogs receive their 1-year-old booster vaccinations, then vaccines for those viral diseases can be administered every three or more years.

"A lot of people are still into giving them every year," Becker said. "But that is not the recommended protocol by the American Veterinary Medical Association."

To find out what some vets recommend for vaccines, ABC News went undercover with Honey, the pitbull, who was up-to-date on her shots.

But at a New York clinic, the vet ordered Honey, who had the distemper vaccine two years ago, a new round of shots without asking about Honey's vaccination status, and then told Honey's owner that distemper was "typically an annual vaccine."

The New York clinic later told ABC News that a vet's individual judgment is just as important as the AAHA guidelines.

At another clinic, Honey was also told she had "dental disease" and was recommended for a $300 teeth cleaning under general anesthesia. That clinic didn't respond to ABC News' request for comment.

In the end, both undercover dog owners could have incurred hundreds of dollars for potentially unnecessary treatments.
Mandatory microchipping of pets seemed to me a way of normalizing ID tracking. And the chips can cause cancer.

So its no mistake when those pushing mandatory microchipping legislation extol the supposed virtues of microchipping by claiming that microchips are “invaluable tools” in reuniting lost pets with their owners. Its meant to tug at your heart strings and keep you from doing research on RFID technology and discovering that microchipping is potentially unhealthy for humans and animals, and that mandatory microchipping in particular is a violation of Constitutitonal freedoms.

From there, RFID microchipping will go to people. It already has. A Time magazine article from 2007 noted that Human ˜tagging was approved by the Food and Drug Administration in 2004 to facilitate retrieval of private medical records but to no surprise the procedure has had few takers. Gee, I wonder why?

So because there have been few takers, I guess they, whoever they are, decided to forcibly microchip people against their will. As the Time article mentions, there has already been a pilot program to RFID chip residents at the Alzheimers Community Care agency in West Palm Beach, Florida.

Whats the problem with a granny LoJack, i.e. forcibly microchipping people who have Alzheimers? That it is done without their consent, of course. After all, they really cant consent can they? Forget medical proxies, there are some things a person must be able to decide for themselves and if they cant, then they should be left alone. Indeed, RFID chipping the elderly who have Alzheimers or some other kinds of dementia very well could be against their will, which means its wholly unconstitutional and a violation of the liberty we true Americans and our Constitution hold dear.

There is a backstory to RFID microchipping that you need to know; its not as benign as they would have you believe when they tell you its no more than a method to electronically license or identify your dog or cat or your livestock.

In fact, microchipping can literally cause malignancies (meaning harmful and deadly cancer). A few years ago, Katherine Albrecht, who co-wrote Spychips: How Major Corporations and Government Plan to Track Your Every Move, issued a press release/commentary on research that has proven microchips can cause deadly tumors:

. . . microchip implants have induced cancer in laboratory animals and dogs, says privacy expert and long-time VeriChip opponent Dr. Katherine Albrecht.
As the AP will report, a series of research articles spanning more than a decade found that mice and rats injected with glass-encapsulated RFID transponders developed malignant, fast-growing, lethal cancers in up to 1% to 10% of cases. The tumors originated in the tissue surrounding the microchips and often grew to completely surround the devices, the researchers said.
Albrecht first became aware of the microchip-cancer link when she and her Spychips co-author, Liz McIntyre, were contacted by a pet owner whose dog had died from a chip-induced tumor. Albrecht then found medical studies showing a causal link between microchip implants and cancer in other animals. Before she brought the research to the APs attention, the studies had somehow escaped public notice (Intel Daily*).
So there it is: RFID microchips can cause deadly cancer. Still I have yet to see one article about a city or county proposing a mandatory microchipping law for pets that mentions that microchips can cause malignant tumors.
Whenever i have a pet question and try to search online, the replies always involve "ask your veterinarian". It's even worse than asking about human health, because then usually some one will have alternative suggestions that don't involve "go to a doctor", but when it comes to animal health it seems no one wants to share what worked for them. Kind of makes me wonder why.

For those who live in certain areas, or are willing to travel, there are "holistic" veterinarians available, wonder if those dont force yearly v@xx.

FilthPig

Veteran
I had to put my dog to "sleep" a year ago. One day cancer appeared on her head and it grew so rapidly it took less than 2 months to destroy her .She lost her mind after an hour long seizure.After that happened i took her to the vet to get euthanasied .Pretty messed up if u have to pick a date and time when someone dies.Couldnt do it for weeks but that seizure event helped to decide when to do it.Before that she was still occasionally behaving like nothing is wrong with her while other times u could tell that she did not feel very good. Also i had no money to get her euthanasized sooner( i had to borrow money for that lol) .
I never vaxxed her for anything and almost never had business to the veterinary in 15 years (only to cut nails couple of times and one time had to remove an hollow bone that she managed to get stuck around her lower jaw ) ,she was always fine and healthy.First time i hear that there are some yearly vaccines for dogs,wtf .Pure scam.
Euthanasia costme like 300-350 euros, insane prices. And didnt really seem like an euthanasia,still had to watch how dog fights for its life for 20 minutes after getting those shots.
That will sound a bit messed up but i think bullet/shotgun to the head is a better form of euthanasia than whatever the heck they are doing there at the veterinary.But that might be called "animal cruelty" and u might end up in prison for that.

Some things that i found out later that are good to give for older dogs.Like Vitamin - C ,dogs synthesize their own vitamin C but the older they get the less they will do it.Also CBD(good for liver) and magnesium(good for nerves). Beet is good to cleanse the stomach,also good for the liver.

Behumble

Established
Do you think the health of pets is dependent on their food? I mean the dried stuff they are offering in supermarkets...laced in crap to keep it from expiring?

I'm not a pet owner but I lived in a house with a family who had a cat. The cat eventually got cancer, I am sure it was from the WiFi router as it was situated on the window sill where the cat would sit to look out and sometimes sleep for hours.

I definitely think WiFi in the home plays a bigger factor than people are aware of when it comes to the health of their pets as well as the food available to them.

QMQS

Established
Do you think the health of pets is dependent on their food? I mean the dried stuff they are offering in supermarkets...laced in crap to keep it from expiring?

I'm not a pet owner but I lived in a house with a family who had a cat. The cat eventually got cancer, I am sure it was from the WiFi router as it was situated on the window sill where the cat would sit to look out and sometimes sleep for hours.

I definitely think WiFi in the home plays a bigger factor than people are aware of when it comes to the health of their pets as well as the food available to them.
What can someone do to protect oneself from wifi especially regards to the router?

Behumble

Established
What can someone do to protect oneself from wifi especially regards to the router?
You can get an EMF shield, I don't know if they do one to cover the router but there are available products for laptops and phone cases. You can even get a blanket or net to put over your bed while you are sleeping but I think these options may be expensive.

Check out this website or research EMF shielding.

had to put my dog to "sleep" a year ago. One day cancer appeared on her head and it grew so rapidly it took less than 2 months to destroy her .She lost her mind after an hour long seizure.After that happened i took her to the vet to get euthanasied .Pretty messed up if u have to pick a date and time when someone dies.Couldnt do it for weeks but that seizure event helped to decide when to do it.Before that she was still occasionally behaving like nothing is wrong with her while other times u could tell that she did not feel very good. Also i had no money to get her euthanasized sooner( i had to borrow money for that lol) .
That is so sad.

I never vaxxed her for anything and almost never had business to the veterinary in 15 years (only to cut nails couple of times and one time had to remove an hollow bone that she managed to get stuck around her lower jaw ) ,she was always fine and healthy.First time i hear that there are some yearly vaccines for dogs,wtf .Pure scam
I agree yearly v@x is a scam. With our old dog we did the initial rabies and thats it. At the time i read something that said it was unecessary to do more than once, so we never repeated.

Euthanasia costme like 300-350 euros, insane prices. And didnt really seem like an euthanasia,still had to watch how dog fights for its life for 20 minutes after getting those shots.
That will sound a bit messed up but i think bullet/shotgun to the head is a better form of euthanasia than whatever the heck they are doing there at the veterinary.But that might be called "animal cruelty" and u might end up in prison for that.
I agree, it is really messed up but he way it used to be done. Yeah the contradiction is that its not cruel when it costs an arm and a leg and done by someone "licensed" to do it. I hate it.
Some things that i found out later that are good to give for older dogs.Like Vitamin - C ,dogs synthesize their own vitamin C but the older they get the less they will do it.Also CBD(good for liver) and magnesium(good for nerves). Beet is good to cleanse the stomach,also good for the liver
Ok good to know.

Last edited:
I think the quality of the food does make a difference. From what i understand, if the first few ingredients are not meat and meat products the food is low quality nutritionally. In general i from what i have seen the ingredients have gotten better in the decade or so since i first became aware of this and started looking. Either that or they started blatantly lying on the ingredients list...

The preservatives are still an issue though, even in the better quality dry food. And also, the flavorings. In human food i try to avoid "natural flavor" and "artificial flavor", but i have noticed that these ingredients are present in pet food.

There's a new kind of pet food that comes refrigerated, so perhaps there's less preservatives, but I'm going to have to check into it to see about the flavorings. I would be very surprised if there is none though.

I also think another issue might be that people sometimes feed their dogs human fast food. Something about the excess sodium being bad for dogs but i havent researched this much.

Behumble

Established
I think the quality of the food does make a difference. From what i understand, if the first few ingredients are not meat and meat products the food is low quality nutritionally. In general i from what i have seen the ingredients have gotten better in the decade or so since i first became aware of this and started looking. Either that or they started blatantly lying on the ingredients list...

The preservatives are still an issue though, even in the better quality dry food. And also, the flavorings. In human food i try to avoid "natural flavor" and "artificial flavor", but i have noticed that these ingredients are present in pet food.

There's a new kind of pet food that comes refrigerated, so perhaps there's less preservatives, but I'm going to have to check into it to see about the flavorings. I would be very surprised if there is none though.

I also think another issue might be that people sometimes feed their dogs human fast food. Something about the excess sodium being bad for dogs but i havent researched this much.
Funny how things work out, I saw this video and then saw this thread! I'm not keen on fresh fruit mixed with raw meats though but I don't identify as a dog so my palette doesn't really matter!lol

Behumble

Established

Behumble

Established
I remember a few years back, when big media was touting how the Chinese were selling poisonous pet food. Funny how that just kind of went away.

Seems like it was just yesterday.

Also 2 years after that they had that baby milk scandal resulted in 6 deaths and 50 thousand were sick and hospitalised.

I know some mother's have their reasons for using formula but you never really know what's in them. Plus you can make your own just who has the time I guess.

Plus you can make your own just who has the time I guess.
Yeah i cannot imagine making the time for it if i had a newborn waking up every couple hours and also other children to take care of. I would think the hygiene factor alone (is the kitchen spotlessly clean?) would make some women consider that taking their chances with store bought may be safer.

It's a tough situation to be in, for sure. One more thing for mothers to stress out about.

Behumble

Established
Yeah i cannot imagine making the time for it if i had a newborn waking up every couple hours and also other children to take care of. I would think the hygiene factor alone (is the kitchen spotlessly clean?) would make some women consider that taking their chances with store bought may be safer.

It's a tough situation to be in, for sure. One more thing for mothers to stress out about.
If you make time to do it, and have it all set up it can become a habit you won't even notice the difference in making it compared with store bought formula. It's worth thinking about anyway. It's the stress that's caused mothers to be unable to produce in the first place.

If you make time to do it, and have it all set up it can become a habit you won't even notice the difference
With my first i was so sleep deprived that i kept dropping anything i was holding in my hands and was literally hallucinating. Could not even follow a conversation without blanking out. I am not exaggerating when i say waking up every 2 hours (or more!) and a few times i went about 36 hours without any sleep at all. I cannot imagine anything becoming a habit at that point.

Perhaps if a woman struggled with feeding previous baby if she got into the habit preemptively towards the end of pregnancy it would be smoother transition.

Anyway, more power to anyone who is able to (and no shame on anyone who doesn't). And i realize the vast majority of babies are better sleepers than my first.

It's the stress that's caused mothers to be unable to produce in the first place.
Yeah, definitely a stress or hormonal component, for sure.

Consuming a ridiculous amount of water and oatmeal seems to help with supply as well, at least until the baby is older and can supplement with a bottle of grassfed milk.